Foods for those that just don't care anymore

nexus

I don't eat oreos anyway, now I CAN'T.  Okay, I am pissed about the enforced diet, but am trying to work through it.  It has only been one week.  The lobster rolls interest me not in the least.  I have never been impressed by lobster.   I love shrimp, some crab, smoked oysters... but Lobster has never really gotten my taste buds singing.  

Good Lamb roast, or chops, however!  

See, the trick is you gotta use bacon in moderation when it comes to sweets.

I've raved before here about B-Spot's Vanilla Bean Apple Pie Bacon milkshake.  They don't overdo it on the bacon and it's cooked down and ground down enough to not taste or feel greasy.  Likewise, the salt component from the bacon helps enhance the flavor of the vanilla,

I have rarely liked hot dogs enough to bother with them.  Normal ones are sort of "Well, I guess if there is no MEAT around..."

There is a local Butcher shop chain that makes FRANKS.   Oh, man, the difference is amazing.   they are worth eating.   More, they are even worth eating COLD.   

Now, the meat department at another little store around here makes some AWESOME sausages too.  Their bulk port sausages have NOT had 1/2 their volume made up of added fat.   Fry up over a pound of them, you might be able to find a tablespoon of grease in your pan.  I have never found that much.   I would say less than a teaspoon.   On top of that, they do a couple spice blends that are really nice.   I was already hooked on their "German sausage" blend, which is not like the standard cased german sausage,  It has a lot of black pepper in it, garlic, some sage I suspect...

This week we tried one the staff had raved to me about for quite some time.   They don't usually make huge batches, so I had only seen it a couple times.   This is their "Onion Pepper" sausage.   It is really nice, spicier than most of theirs.   some hotter bites than others.   We had it for dinner one night, fried up with eggs.   The next day I asked my 9 year old whether we should get some of the sausage or the bargain priced ham next to it for dinner, and he chose the sausage instantly.  He even ate it again.  This is not always the case if we have something two days in a row.  

I am going to take my dad a package of it, he likes sausage, but has not had these guys sausage.  

It is a small town (really more of a crossroads with a school district and a couple trailer parks) store.  It is right by my son's school, so convenient for us.  I have been recommending it to everyone I know who comes up here, north outside of "the city."    Some start hearing banjo music in their heads before they get there, and it is not like the city is a metropolis.   250k or so is all.  

There's another kind?

Actually ... yes. Someone else ordered it, but yes, there is some very nice, smooth tequila out there, that isn't just cheap 80-proof crap you drown in slushed ice and lime juice. Wish I could remember what it was.