Foods for those that just don't care anymore

nexus

Re: Foods for those that just don't care anymore

You went to see the cup flipper at Casa de Fruta' date=' right? That's why I went.[/quote']

Nope. Back in the early 1970s one set of grandparents lived further up the Santa Clara Valley, and you had to go through Gilroy to get to where they were.

Eh' date=' I don't think the photographer of the middle picture had art in mind.[/quote']

I'm old enough to remember seeing cookbook illustrations just like that. Back then, people didn't understand that they may just as well have captioned the picture with something like: "See this? We lived through the depression and thus find anything masquerading as food to be appetizing, even if it resembles fresh spew!"

I'm old enough to remember seeing cookbook illustrations just like that. Back then' date=' people didn't understand that they may just as well have captioned the picture with something like: "See this? We lived through the depression and thus find anything masquerading as food to be appetizing, even if it resembles fresh spew!"[/quote']

I have a Banana cookbook from the early 50s by the United Fruit company. Some of the photos in that are hilarious...

Or better yet:

THREE DOG NIGHT 3 hot dogs, wrapped in a giant tortilla, 3 slices of cheese, 3 slices of bacon, chili & onions

I've never had that one, but if you want something similar, not too far away from the original Pink's location is the Oki Dog stand, where you can get this taste treat:

Oki%27s+Dog.JPG

That's two hot dogs, pastrami, chili and cheese, all wrapped in a tortilla.

Or better yet:

THREE DOG NIGHT 3 hot dogs, wrapped in a giant tortilla, 3 slices of cheese, 3 slices of bacon, chili & onions

Why does everything have to include bacon now? I mean its a simple way to add flavor, but perhaps the superchefs could, I don't innovate something. In the meanwhile I have perfected the request of "no bacon."