Foods for those that just don't care anymore

nexus

Re: Foods for those that just don't care anymore

I like burgers' date=' and I like doughnuts, but I'm sad to say, that does not look appetizing to me ... still, if you like it, enjoy. :)[/quote']

It was quite good. Also worth noting that it was 562 calories w/ 47 grams of protein. That's a better calories to protein ratio than the Big Mac, Whopper, or pretty much any comparable fast food burger. Could have made it much more healthful, but wanted the indulgence value. :)

I like burgers' date=' and I like doughnuts, but I'm sad to say, that does not look appetizing to me ... still, if you like it, enjoy. :)[/quote']

It was quite good. Also worth noting that it was 562 calories w/ 47 grams of protein. That's a better calories to protein ratio than the Big Mac, Whopper, or pretty much any comparable fast food burger. Could have made it much more healthful, but wanted the indulgence value. :)

No' date=' I'm actually quite happily omnivorous. But I've been witness to more offensive speech from people singing the praises of meat (and lots of it) and mocking vegetarians than the opposite.[/quote']

Fair enough. My experience has been quite the opposite. For example, I've never seen anyone try to destroy someone's meal at a restaurant because it was vegetarian. However I have seen people try and destroy people's meals at a restaurant because they contained meat. More than once. Of course, I also live in Boulder, Colorado for several years, so that might have something to do with it.

However what prompted my comment was what seemed to be an assumption on your part that a diet with no meat is inherently more healthy than a diet that contains meat.

I'm still sad that the Chinese restaurant that served the BEST vegetarian dish I ever had (Four Season Green Beans with brown rice) went out of business. We're normally unabashed carnivores in our household, but these beans were Just That Damn Good. I can't even hope to replicate it.

And their wonton soup! Like liquid gold! The broth was so bright and the dumplings were perfect! Right amount of filling to dumpling skin and the dumpling skin itself was JUST the right thickness! And their Cantonese Pressed Duck! And...*sobs*

I still mourn the loss of Mrs. Wong's' date=' the little Chinese take-out place where my High School gaming group used to get our Orange Chicken fix... it's been closed for nearly 20 years.[/quote']

Happened twice I can think of. First, a small pizza place that fueled many gaming sessions in high school close my sophomore year of college. Then, a great rib place near where I used to work closed down. He, at least, is still doing catering, so if I had a party with 20 friends, I can still get some ribs.