Poison's Champions Art Thread

Poison

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Poison's Champions Art Thread

Hey Poison, lovin the extra art you've got over here.

you and me are gonna have to collaborate sometime!

very fine pencils on Samantha Arken by the way.

Thanks my friend. :D Yeah a collab would be very cool.

For all you miniature gaming geeks, I used to play Warhammer Fantasy, 40k, and Confrontation and painted my own armies. After chatting with Remjin, he asked if I could post some pics of them. I happened to have some old pics of my Wood Elf army, so I thought ah why not post them...

I zoomed in on the pics, so you can see the details. The pics are showing them at a larger size, than they really are, so you can see all the flaws. These miniatures are either metal or plastic, painted with cheap $1/bottle acrylic paints. I did a winter theme with them. :D

I haven't played minis for a few years, and still have all my armies. I thought about ebaying them all. Since I don't really play any more. heh heh. Anyways enough rambling, here are the minis...

WoodElf8.jpgWoodElf1.jpgWoodElf2.jpgWoodElf3.jpgWoodElf4.jpgWoodElf6.jpgWoodElf5.jpgWoodElf7.jpgWoodElf9.jpg

The heroes took me a weekend each. Otherwise I would do a whole unit in a weekend. You can save a lot of time using an assembly line mentality, and also keep consistency with colors. You mix once, and add to all the figs...

:D

I already told poison this directly, and repped him, but I should like to add to the mini thing.

I like that they're not overly fancified. I know that's not really a word, probably, and I'm kind of pulling a Jesse Jackson here, but you see too many armies that are just made overly elaborate or busy for no good reason. I like that there are light and shadow and even color transitions that appear pretty natural despite the small scale. I like the simple highlight scheme and the lack of extras. The wood elves always struck me as a nice, clean army, and its been painted as such. Maybe not anymore, the new minis look pretty busy, but still... its a nice playing army with a solid color scheme. :thumbup::D

• 3 months later...

Well I haven't drawn a thing for 3 months. Thought I would try to draw again and knock away the cob webs... Did a character for my wife this time. Her Warlock.

I might ink and color this one. Not sure yet...

This is probably my first Fantasy genre drawing here. ha.

Anyways here are the pencils...

Val-Warlock.gif

very very nice work poison. I only wish i could draw this well! noticing that your a gm, like myself, maybe we could trade campaign ideas and the like. I'm running a little dry on plots lately. I also would absolutely love a drawing of my villain that i created a little while back, hint hint. I've tried scouring around the internet looking for a picture that could at least be a rough idea for what he looks like but nothing comes up. =p

Well I haven't drawn a thing for 3 months. Thought I would try to draw again and knock away the cob webs... Did a character for my wife this time. Her Warlock.

I might ink and color this one. Not sure yet...

This is probably my first Fantasy genre drawing here. ha.

Anyways here are the pencils...

Val-Warlock.gif

I wish I could draw half as well as you. Heck, I'd settle for one quarter! Good stuff! Keep it coming! And consider me seconding it to be done in color.