Poison's Champions Art Thread

Poison

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Poison's Champions Art Thread

"I got a thing for red heads." - Wolverine after meeting Mary Jane.

"What?" - Spiderman shrugs his shoulders at the Avengers moments after throwing Wolverine through the unbreakable window of the new Avengers Tower.

Cheers

QM

Fixed that for you...

"I got a thing for red heads." - Wolverine after meeting Mary Jane.

"What?" - Spiderman shrugs his shoulders at the Avengers moments after throwing Wolverine out the supposedly unbreakable window of the new Avengers Tower.

Cheers

QM

Fixed that for both of you...:D

I was unbreakable until Spider-Man's strength heaved Logan's unbreakable bones through it.

Which means that it was breakable- by your definition anything is unbreakable until it gets broken, which in and of itself makes it... wait for it... breakable.:cool:

Well I am a painting machine!!! Here is another one!

I just colored an old pencil drawing of mine here.

To do the landscape plants, I used a custom scatter brush with a drop shadow.

Cinnamon.jpg

VERY nice! Of course I have to spread some rep around before I can give you anymore... :P

You're diminishing Spider-Man' date=' dude. You work for Marvel?[/quote']

Actually I'm a huge Spideman fan- that's the reason I don't read any of his books anymore after One More Day... I don't hate everything that Joe Q has done for Marvel but this was the worst move that they've ever made with Spidey- bugs me more than the clone saga because while that sucked, it was something that HAPPENED to Peter, it was never written as him making a choice that was so totally out of character and completely acting irresponsibly in taking the easy way out and also that wasn't bad enough, Marvel then had to gaspedal Peter's emotional nutsack by having him meet his future daughter at the end of the issue- who can now not exist!

Just really hate that whole thing...

Actually I'm a huge Spideman fan- that's the reason I don't read any of his books anymore after One More Day... I don't hate everything that Joe Q has done for Marvel but this was the worst move that they've ever made with Spidey- bugs me more than the clone saga because while that sucked, it was something that HAPPENED to Peter, it was never written as him making a choice that was so totally out of character and completely acting irresponsibly in taking the easy way out and also that wasn't bad enough, Marvel then had to gaspedal Peter's emotional nutsack by having him meet his future daughter at the end of the issue- who can now not exist!

Just really hate that whole thing...

Ironically, I liked the idea of a brand new chance. And Black Cat IS my favourite Super 'heroine'. On the OTHER hand, it was a cheesy, contrived and frankly, having a happily married Superhero out of a long line up of screw ups (Cyclops anyone?) was actually, kinda nice.

So toss up for me, leaning towards "What the hell were they THINKING???"

I think that they were thinking "How can we make Spidey all hip and angsty again?" Problem is, they have that- it's Ultimate Spiderman. Leave the 616 Peter the hell alone, let him enjoy his life for once- how many times does he have to save the world or New York before he gets to have something good in his life?

The real effect of that decision is more far-reaching: it lets MU fans know that its pointless to invest anything in their favorite characters because eventually they're gonna get "YOINKED" for Joe Q's apparent amusement at p!ssing off the fans. But that's my feelings, YMMV.

Hey buckaroos! A friend of mine, a battery of 15 writers, and some artists like me started up a Marvel Fan Fiction site. We will be totally live in July with fiction and art.

I am designing banners for each of the titles on the site. I started with Gambit. I should mention the writer wanted the old Jim Lee costume version, so that is what I did, short hair and all. HA!

What do you think?

Pencils:

GambitBanner1Pencils.jpg

Colors in Banner:

Marvel2.0logoGambit.jpg