Lucha Libre artwork!

teh bunneh

Re: Lucha Libre artwork!

Hi I'm new here. This is my very first post. I'm assuming I'm too late to put my hand up for this project but are there any others on the horizon? I've spent all night trying to email my art samples across but it kept coming back as FAILED.

Hi I'm new here. This is my very first post. I'm assuming I'm too late to put my hand up for this project but are there any others on the horizon? I've spent all night trying to email my art samples across but it kept coming back as FAILED.

Try putting your query in the Company Questions forum; you might be more likely to get an answer there. Other than that I don't know what to tell you about your emails not getting through.

Welcome to the forums, puggdogg. We're all happy to see you.

:thumbup:;):winkgrin::snicker::cheers::bounce::D:celebrate:)

See?

• 5 months later...

Lucha Libre artist news!

Brett Barkley, who did many of the wonderful "movie posters" in LLH (including Craneo Llameante, El Craneo Que Flamea and Amazonian Women vs. the Mummies of Mexico!) is a finalist to do the interior art in Frank Cho's upcoming Image book, "50Girls50". Let's all wish Brett the best of luck! :applause:

EDIT: Here's a link to Brett's Deviant Art gallery. His 50Girls50 pages are there.

http://brettbarkley.deviantart.com/gallery/

• 2 weeks later...

A Little red riding Hood BBQ? You in2 gynophagia as well' date=' Pinecone? :sneaky:[/quote']

Little Red Riding Hood BBQ -- "But there is nothing uncool about a grown Little Red Riding Hood in skimpy clothing using a flamethrower on the undead."

BTW -- I realize that drawing is all you need for a LLH plot, isn't it?

(Let's see... mummy, cyclops, vampires, wolfman?, and a rudio with an axe... yeah, we're good.)

Well, except for the dude with the axe and the inexplicable absence of Blue Demon, it *is* the plot for El Santo y Blue Demon Contra Los Monstruos (see our filmography.) dw

BTW -- I realize that drawing is all you need for a LLH plot, isn't it?

(Let's see... mummy, cyclops, vampires, wolfman?, and a rudio with an axe... yeah, we're good.)

Well' date=' except for the dude with the axe and the inexplicable absence of Blue Demon, it *is* the plot for El Santo y Blue Demon Contra Los Monstruos (see our filmography.) dw[/quote']

Well, that drawing just gave me the second act for my Lucha convention game! Thanks, Mike. :D

To everyone who worked on the art in this book:

I have a copy of LLH as a physical book and as a PDF now and I'm so happy that I made that purchase. This book is mind-blowingly beautifully done! I like most of the drawings even better than actual Santo comicbook covers I've seen, and better than the cover illustrations for lucha libre DVDs and other items. Those chapter-introducing movie poster drawings are among my favorites, but so are drawings depicting individual wrestler characters (PCs and NPCs).

To tell you all how great LLH really is, let me give you this example:

Apart from rekindling my own interest in all things wrestling, the book helps to draw other people into the genre almost without any effort on my part.

I ran a session of LLH with a few friends on November 6th, and one of my players that night - a sweet, university-educated young lady who had not seen any wrestling for 10+ years - created her own high-flying técnica luchadora, and by the end of the game session she couldn't even sit still in her seat, but she would get up and describe in vivid definitions what her wrestling moves looked like, and how she would try to pin a much larger male opponent in a match. You have to remember that she was by no means a wrestling fan and had never seen a lucha libre film from Mexico. But she got totally into the character. It was also her first time playing the Hero System. What a day for me as a GM!

• 1 month later...