Wrath Of The Ancient Pharaoh

Marcus Impudite

Obviously, the action in this one takes place in Egypt. How your character gets there, I'll leave up to you.

The famed Museum of Egyptian Antiquities in Ciaro has had a break in overnight... or more accurately, a break out. The mummy of an anicent Pharaoh came to life, busted out of the museum, and ran off into the desert. A day later, the Pharaoh has returned with a HUGE undead army at his command, threatening to lay seige to Ciaro and several other cities if certain demands of his are not met:

First, he wants all his possessions returned to his tomb where they belong, including the mummies of his concubines and slaves who were buried with him.

Second, once he and his treasures are back inside, his tomb is to be sealed back up and is never to be tresspassed upon again.

Unfortunately, those other mummies have been carelessly lost or destroyed in the decades since his tomb was unearthed. When told this, his rather curt reply was, "Then you are to provide me with suitable replacements."

WWYCD?

Guest steamteck

Re: Wrath Of The Anicent Pharaoh

Obviously, the action in this one takes place in Egypt. How your character gets there, I'll leave up to you.

The famed Museum of Egyptian Antiquities in Ciaro has had a break in overnight... or more accurately, a break out. The mummy of an anicent Pharaoh came to life, busted out of the museum, and ran off into the desert. A day later, the Pharaoh has returned with a HUGE undead army at his command, threatening to lay seige to Ciaro and several other cities if certain demands of his are not met:

First, he wants all his possessions returned to his tomb where they belong, including the mummies of his concubines and slaves who were buried with him.

Second, once he and his treasures are back inside, his tomb is to be sealed back up and is never to be trespassed upon again.

Unfortunately, those other mummies have been carelessly lost or destroyed in the decades since his tomb was unearthed. When told this, his rather curt reply was, "Then you are to provide me with suitable replacements."

WWYCD?

Again my wife's characters since I just GM. My world doesn't have Cairo but does have an equivalent.

KYNA CALIGARI THE ENCHANTRESS --- Get together her friends of power including the mighty Isis and the protectors and meet him outside town " you see that crater over there. That used to be Set and his army. You think you can do better."

WHITE TIGERESS-- Way out of her league but her real power is contacts and not her cat powers. its speed dial to Athena if she's in town. and use her other contacts to make sure The Mighty Isis has wind of what's going on. Send word to the Protectors( but a bit of a delay because they're on another continent)

see what the local supervillain team which has avatars of various Egyptian deities has to say on the matter. Also get the local occult guys ( who're at the museum actually) to work on finding out why he arose and try to undo it

SHOCKWAVE-- Pretty straightforward. 'Prepare to face the thunderbolts of the daughter of Zeus!" Overconfidence and rashness make life exciting. depending on what magic they can bring to bear the undead might be in serious trouble.

NEBULA ( arrogant alien princess with Silver Surfer type powers)-- pretty much same response as shockwave except she would insufferably annoying about it. She probably wouldn't fare as well if there's much magic. She's more powerful than Shockwave but vunerable to a magic

KITESHVARRA AZURAN,( immortal high priestess of Vishnu)-- first try to talk sense into him. maybe other mummies would do not people. ( she's a little naive even if she is 100s of years old) then gather what allies she could with anti-undead abilities and try to find out what activated the pharaoh and undo it.

tuff- man

contact any 21rst century decendants of rick and evie o'connel since the pharoh would be a mummy by this time the clan o'connel's specialty along withwitchcraft, cantrip and ambrose stone from urban fantasy hero with THAT team in place tuff- man outta have the bases covered

Soulbarb is a street level character at heart and really doesn't have a good reason to leave the general vicinity of her home city at this point in her career, so moving right along...

Sylph might be there if there was some other globe-spanning threat going on, there was a lead in Egypt, and UNTIL had provided transportation. However, this sort of thing (huge undead armies) is really a bit out of her league. She'll defer to other teammates if any are present, or UNTIL if they aren't. That said, she is really good at tying up agent level opposition in general, and if the campaign is trying to take things up a notch or two power-wise, she could in theory do a whole lot to slow down that army if she can get enough plants bending to her wishes at once.

Volt Try to reason with him. Maybe replacement Mummies? Alternate tresure? If not, gather allies and start blasting.

Olorin "Undead armies once again. But I like mummies." Other Player: "You like mummies? I thought you hate undead?" Olorin - "I do. But mummies burn soooo well. And I was orginally a fire mage." No reasoning. Lots of fire. Area effect. He's used to fighting undead armies. He'd almost enjoy this.

Black Tiger Swear. (He almost always does.) Then get allies and attack as best he can.

Leadman See Volt's respnse, but would spen less time negotiating.

Futurian "You have to be kidding. What do you need that stuff for? You're dead! You want it for an afterlife? Seems to me you ain't gonna get it. Grow up!" And then gather allies and start blasting (While thinking "Aw crud. No tech to act on. Crud. Crud. Crud.")

The Economaster will try to buy up all the potential Egyptian artifacts he can and see if he can appease the mummy with them... or just cash in on the increased demand. Otherwise, he will keep a wary eye on the situation, especially if the undead army threatens the world economically (attacks the Suez canal, begins to march on OPEC countries)... in which case he buys up the later battle gear and an army of mercenaries to take care of it forcibly.

If things are settled peaceably with the mummy, try to modernize his ancient wealth into a sound investment portfolio... and exploit mass undead labor opportunities.

Primadonna : powerwise way out of her league her, so she'd settle for some negotiating

"We did not steal the artifacts from you. We'll give you whatever we can. But anything else? Go and talk to whoever has them. And...sorry we cannot provide any new concubines. Dead pharaohs rank extremely low on the radars of beautiful girls these days."

Primaballerina : "I could dance for you in private. Leave your minions behind and I'll show you my skills."

Diva : "Honey, you are, hmmm....were the Pharaoh? You must have looked hot in your days, right? Care to share some secrets with a young, innocent girl?"

Hmm. That seems a reasonable request. At least from Vitus' point of view. They were very strong funerary taboos on Aura, and popular belief held that the best way to provoke the dead to rise was indeed, grave-robbing. And the Mummy was at least polite enough to give the authorities due warning first.

I hope that Mister Mummy there has some more overt magics than Mass Necromancy though, or his army is going to have a real disadvantage against tanks, bombers, and minefields.

Vitus would be happy to be on the negotiating team - Mummies are less offensive company than most undead and Vitus would be delighted with the opportunity to discuss ritual magic of the Middle East with someone who was there. The similarities with the culture of his own world would certainly come into play.

And knowing humanity, there's no doubt some maniac out there that would happily volunteer to be mummified for eternity. Failing that, there's a long list of people Vitus would happily extract the brain of out through their nose. And they wouldn't even have to be dead, first.

Zero, on the other hand, would be next to useless except as a telepathic coordinator of the undead-stomping supers.

Re: Wrath Of The Ancient Pharaoh

Working on behalf of the United Nations, Ningyo would be there to back up her teammate Aten-Ra (Egyptian gadgeteer who discovered an alien powersuit) who'd be the one handling actual negotiations (not to mention trying to discover if this truly is a case of actual walking undead or a more "reasonable" explanation -- like nanomachines). No doubt they'd have to hurry before Black Dragon, working on behalf of the US, decides to either vaporize Cairo into glass "for the greater good" or authorize the use of prisoners in Gitmo and the like as "donations".

(Black Dragon's player was NEVER subtle about his biases...:rolleyes:)

Earth Girl would see hordes of the undead as a horrible disruption of the natural order, and regard it as her duty to do something about it. Say, since those hordes are located conveniently outside Cairo, innocent bystanders wouldn't be hurt if several square miles of desert started rebounding like a timpany drum and the sands started spinning in gale force whirlwinds, would they? It's not nice to fool with Mother Nature. :tsk:

Super Model would know better than to get involved. These concubine-demanding reawakened mummies always seem to fixate on the prettiest woman around and convince themselves she's their reincarnated queen or somesuch. Pass. :thumbdown:

Kurzhaan the Conqueror spent a lot of his time fighting wars against Stygian wizard-kings and priests of Set thousands of years ago, so putting down reanimated armies would be old hat. The battle would probably be the most fun he's had since being pulled forward into the 21st century. :slap:

tuff- man

contact any 21rst century decendants of rick and evie o'connel since the pharoh would be a mummy by this time the clan o'connel's specialty along withwitchcraft, cantrip and ambrose stone from urban fantasy hero with THAT team in place tuff- man outta have the bases covered

Well, I was wondering if it wasnt our friend Imhotep looking (once again) for his girlfriend Anksunamun (or whatever her name was, I just refer to her as "Suzy").

That reminds me, I wanted to start a thread the other day....

• 2 weeks later...

Daedalus "Would fembots be considered a suitable replacement?"

Warp: "Hi there, I'd like to introduce you to my teammate, Horus-Re. You know, the god. I kinda think you'll probably want to take his advice on how to resolve this."

Quetzalcoatl: Is from a past so distant that he most likely predates this pharoh, and Egypt was a part of The Theran Compact his nation is also a member of.

"Know that you stand before Quetzalcoatl, God of Knowledge, Lord of The Skies, Scion of Ometeot The Creator, King of Anahuac, and member of The Theran Assembly. The wise course of action would be to address your greivances through the proper channels before engaging in unlawful behavior. I will deign to be your advocate in this matter if you stand down your army."

Ming Wu, aka The Jade Mandarin, Scion of Dr. Yin Wu: "Pledge me this army to command as my own once you've returned to your tomb and I will see that you are given what you are due!"

Dr. Malcolm Drake, Immortal Alchemist/Enchanter/Archeologist/Occult Trouble Shooter: "Not again! All right, who's been reading old books out loud this time?"

Obviously' date=' the action in this one takes place in Egypt. How your character gets there, I'll leave up to you.[/quote']

Put on my blue suede shoes

I transcend this plane

Touch down in the land of the Nile Delta Blues

In this pharaoh's would-be second reign.

The famed Museum of Egyptian Antiquities in Ciaro has had a break in overnight... or more accurately' date=' a [i']break out.[/i] The mummy of an anicent Pharaoh came to life, busted out of the museum, and ran off into the desert. A day later, the Pharaoh has returned with a HUGE undead army at his command, threatening to lay seige to Ciaro and several other cities if certain demands of his are not met:

Isis, Osiris, won't You look down over me,

Yeah I got a first class problem

And I'm as blue as a boy can be.

Then I'm walking in Memphis

Walking with my feet ten feet off the sand

Walking in Memphis

But can I make this mummy understand?

Second, once he and his treasures are back inside, his tomb is to be sealed back up and is never to be tresspassed upon again.

WWYCD?

I saw the ghost of a Bene

In a dream that I knew was true

Followed him to the walls of a museum

Then I watched him walk right through

Now security they did not see us

He made his way back to his tomb

But there was a pretty little thing

Waiting for the King

- but he came back to an empty room

Then I'm walking in Memphis

Walking with my feet ten feet off the sand

Walking in Memphis

Can Ma'at help me make this mummy understand?

They've got guns on the table

They've got terror in the air

But the people be glad to see you

When they haven't got a prayer

But boy, you got a prayer in Memphis

Now Suriel plays piano

Down in Giza for the tourists there

And they took me down to see him

And I told him that he's the heir

I told him the number

Of his fathers that held kingly might

And he said --