Surely You're Joking, Mr Long.

Starlight

Re: Surely You're Joking, Mr Long.

It would depend on the concept' date=' but I might allow it. I'd have to think about how much "Only for Mental Actions" is worth.[/quote']

"Only for Mental Actions (or Aborts)" is probably a -1. (Not allowing the character to Abort prior to that Phase means either there's at least one Segment the character can't Abort to anything, or the character could lose two Phases to his Abort.)

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 5e writeup of Menton has SPD, Only to use Mental/Telekinetic Powers. That's at -1/2 if I recall correctly. I also recall a couple other official mentalists have something like this as well.

Heck, Grond has +2 SPD just for making extra HtH attacks, so "Mental Speed" doesn't seem any worse.

So far I only have very minor "meh" in 6E. First I'll echo Hugh on DEX.

My own pet peeve for 6e would initially be pricing DEX at 2 points' date=' along with doubling the cost of DEX skill levels. [\QUOTE']

Second, I find OMCV and DMCV ugly to the eye. I would have prefered OMV and DMV or even better rename the whole set:

OPC (Offensive Physical Combat)

DPC

OMC

DMC

Third, I would have like OMCV and DMCV to be more encompassing and include more mundane ways to influence people (like Presence attack). It would then have been useful for everyone. As is, OMCV is on everyone's sheet but it is only useful for a fraction of people. It would be a reworking of Presence attack mechanics though so maybe not worth it.

So, all in all, I didn't have any WTF moment so far ;)

I personally probably will rule that the "M" in OMCV/DMCV stands more for Mystical then Mental. That way I can have it as a separate Combat Value for whatever setting I'm running. (Magical for fantasy, Mental for Sci-fi or modern psychic, Mechanical for mechanopaths- witch are very mentally anyway in Hero, ETC.)

Just my 2 copper on the deal.

With a black pen or marker, just carefully write MINT and MEGO over OMCV and DMCV,

as the new , de-coupled stats, Mental Intelligence and Mental Ego.

Why? Because Mental Powers should 'hit' automatically, requiring only that you can 'perceive' your target. No longer would their be some 'magical evasion ability' that allows everyone to 'dodge' mental attacks; their effects can only be mitigated by mental defenses.

MINT would be used to target and 'evade' mental perception, LOS requiring only a regular perception roll.

MEGO would be used for mental defense, just like EGO but possibly a separate value.

Rather than change the cost structure for Mental Powers, just require that a 15 or 20 pt. Adder be added to Mental Powers, 'hits automatically with perception roll'.

Barrier: For 3 points you get a barrier that has no defenses and no BODY. Maybe you could use it as a shoebox or something. :rolleyes:

I assume it is still opaque?

That's obviously a curtain.

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary says it's curtains for you!