THE Grim Reaper

quozaxx

Re: THE Grim Reaper

Are you building this as a villain? A hero/good guy? An entity beyond mortal alignments?

I don't really see THE Grim Reaper as being either good or bad. I see him as leading those who died to their eternal resting place. Possibly helping that death along. A cosmic entity for death.

I have one character who has died and another that is a ghost that is obsessed with the afterlife. Hence the needed information.

Does he speak? If he does, I don't see it as conversationally as with the Billy and Mandy cartoons. What kind of defense would he have?

At five thousand points plus, this is one of the most powerful characters I have ever written up.

[ATTACH]35419[/ATTACH]

Death, The Grim Reaper, Azrael

Val Char Cost Roll Notes

13 DEX 6 12- OCV: 7/DCV: 5

50 INT 40 19- PER Roll 19-

35 EGO 25 16- ECV: 5 - 7

12 SPD 100 Phases: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12

Total Characteristic Cost: 219

Movement:

Cost Powers END

8 Self Aware Anthropomorphic Personification of a Cosmic Principle: (Total: 25 Active Cost, 8 Real Cost) " Programming" 22- (9 Active Points); Limited Power Only to make own choices (-2) (Real Cost: 3) plus " Programming" 22-, Trigger (Activating the Trigger requires a Zero Phase Action, Trigger resets automatically, immediately after it activates; If first roll fails; +3/4) (16 Active Points); Limited Power Only to make own choices (-2) (Real Cost: 5)

379 No mortal may hide from Death: Detect Life A Class Of Things 20- (no Sense Group), Custom Adder, Discriminatory, Analyze, Increased Arc Of Perception (360 Degrees), Microscopic: x1,000, Penetrative, Penetrative, Perceive into any dimension, Range, Rapid: x1,000,000,000,000,000,000, Sense, Targeting, Transmit, MegaScale (1m = 1,000 km; +1 3/4) (379 Active Points)

1945 Manifestation: (Total: 2727 Active Cost, 1945 Real Cost) Precognitive, Retrocognitive Clairsentience (Sight, Touch, Smell/Taste, Mental And Hearing Groups And Spatial Awareness), Discriminatory, Increased Arc Of Perception (360 Degrees), Microscopic: x10,000, Mobile Perception Point (can move up to 48m per Phase), Penetrative, Penetrative, Perceive into any dimension, Rapid: x1,000,000,000,000,000,000, Targeting, Tracking, Transmit, Variable Limitations (requires -1/4 worth of Limitations; One of: Physical Manifestation, IIF, Concentration, Requires Attack Roll, Visible Perception Point; -0), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), MegaScale (1m = 10,000 km; +2) (868 Active Points) (Real Cost: 868) plus Impenetrable (+1) for up to 130 Active Points of 1/4 the Defense of Physical Manifestation, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (195 Active Points); Limited Power Only protects Physical Manifestation (-1/2) (Real Cost: 130) plus Damage Negation (-10 DCs Physical, -10 DCs Energy) (100 Active Points); Limited Power Only Vs Attacks Vs Alternate Defense (-1), Limited Power Only to protect Physical Manifestation (-1/2) (Real Cost: 40) plus Killing Attack - Ranged 6d6, Linked (Clairsentience; Greater Power is Constant or in use most or all of the time; -0), Personal Immunity (+1/4), Affects Desolidified Any form of Desolidification (+1/2), Area Of Effect Accurate (1m Radius; +1/2), Variable Special Effects (Any SFX, but usually a scyth or sword; +1/2), Constant (+1/2), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Attack Versus Alternate Defense (target is immune to Death; All Or Nothing; +1), Does BODY (+1), Transdimensional (Any Dimension; +1), Variable Advantage (+1 Advantages; +2), MegaScale (1m = 10,000 km; +2) (967 Active Points); -2 Decreased STUN Multiplier (-1/2), No Knockback (-1/4), Physical Manifestation (Usually appears as a hooded skeletal figure; -1/4) (Real Cost: 483) plus Telekinesis (50 STR), Alterable Origin Point, Fine Manipulation, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Transdimensional (Any Dimension; +1), MegaScale (1m = 10,000 km; +2) (405 Active Points); Linked (Clairsentience; Greater Power is Constant or in use most or all of the time; -1/4), Physical Manifestation (Usually appears as a hooded skeletal figure; -1/4) (Real Cost: 270) plus Extra-Dimensional Movement (Related Group of Dimensions, Any Location (Afterlives)), x128 Increased Weight, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Usable As Attack (+1 1/4), Recipient must be within Standard Range of the Grantor's Physical Manifestation for power to be granted, Grantor can only grant the power to others (192 Active Points); Linked (Clairsentience; Greater Power is Constant or in use most or all of the time; -1/4) (Real Cost: 154)

480 Transcend Time (based on "Speed Zone": Extra-Dimensional Movement (Single Dimension), And stay there all day, Attospeed (SPD 12), Quick Entrance: Zero phase action (+1/2), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (480 Active Points)

205 Beyond Mortal Comprehension: (Total: 270 Active Cost, 205 Real Cost) Damage Negation (-20 DCs Mental) (100 Active Points); Limited Power Will not work vs: Mind Scan, Telepathy used at no more than "Surface Thoughts" level (-1/4) (Real Cost: 80) plus +20 Mental Defense (20 points total) (Real Cost: 20) plus Mental Damage Reduction, 75% (Real Cost: 60) plus Change Environment (-2 to Mental Group PER Rolls, -3 to Characteristic Roll (EGO), -3 to Characteristic Roll (INT)), Area Of Effect (1m Surface; +1/4), Alternate Combat Value (uses OMCV against DMCV; +1/4), Line Of Sight (Mental Power; +1/2), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Invisible Power Effects (Fully Invisible, effects of Power are Inobvious to target; +1 1/4) (90 Active Points); No Range (Damage Shield; -1/2), Limited Power Mental Contact Only (-1/2) (Real Cost: 45)

Notes: For Awe and Dread: Anyone mentally contacting Death must make INT roll and EGO roll each phase or lose phase lost in the infinite vision of perceiving all life at once, everywhere, in all time and space.

36 All the tongues of men or beasts: (Total: 36 Active Cost, 36 Real Cost) Universal Translator 20- (Real Cost: 21) plus Beast Speech (15 Active Points) (Real Cost: 15)

1800 All the Powers of Death Himself: Variable Power Pool, 900 base + 900 control cost, all slots No Skill Roll Required (+1) (1800 Active Points)

Total Powers & Skill Cost: 4853

Total Cost: 5072

5500+ Disadvantages

999 Base Points

20 Negative Reputation: The Terminator of Delights, and the Seperator of Companions, Very Frequently (Extreme)

15 Accursed : Unluck: 3d6

5 "YOU WERE LOOKING FOR ME?" Vulnerability: Mind Scan (Uncommon)

15 Hunted: Infrequently (Mo Pow (The Lords of Necessity outrank Death), NCI, PC has a Public ID or is otherwise very easy to find, Watching

5 Psychological Complication: Loves children, kittens, and other things too innocent to fear the Reaper. (Note this still will not usually save them.) (Uncommon; Moderate)

5 Psychological Complication: Fascinated by living beings, but can only understand them from the outside (Uncommon; Moderate)

999 Anthropomorphic Personification

999 Of a Cosmic Principle

999 Death Bonus

999 More experience than you can ever imagine

440 More than that even

Total Disadvantage Points: 5500

Quote: I am created, the Destroyer; I am Death, the shatterer of worlds.

I am the point of contact, between Time and Eternity

People are seldom happy to see me - except in certain unusual and very unfortunate circumstances

Death is presumably an eternal reality and therefore in the public domain.

Charactersheet by Lucius Alexander

Copyright Palindromedary Enterprises

Then there's the Neil Gaiman version of Death as a cute little goth girl.... Meaning she is perhaps the only modern-day goth who really WAS at the Sack of Rome.

Let the hurting commence.

Well, she's only dressed as a goth *now.* One gets the impression she dressed different further back in time. And when asked, she does dress in a more formal fashion.

100 PRE only for fear attacks (all creatures fear Death)

There's also the Terry Pratchett version of Grim Reaper who speaks in lower case who would have a DNPC Death of Rats worth 0 points since DoR can't be harmed any more than the Reaper.

I can see Death being a hero in an "angel of mercy" way. In the Incarnations of Immortality series he was more sympathetic to people. He made frequent use of the time-stop watch to talk with his clients to make it easier for them and has honored a few last requests. He also answered "fan" mail and promised a little girl who feared dying in her sleep that he will wake her up if that is her destiny. It was a pretty good series if you're patient. Even Satan becomes a somewhat-sympathic figure (or at least as much as the incarnation of Evil can be).

There's also the Terry Pratchett version of Grim Reaper who speaks in lower case who would have a DNPC Death of Rats worth 0 points since DoR can't be harmed any more than the Reaper.

The version of Death in Terry Pratchett's Diskworld books speaks in all upper case (commonly called 'CAPS' online). I believe the books also state that he doesn't actually speak, you just hear his voice in your head.

How would you build THE Grim Reaper?

What powers would you give him?

Extra-dimensional powers (to the Death realms)

Flight (floating)

Death touch (High Drain BODY perhaps?)

What else would be "essential".

DNPCs: Billy and Mandy.

How would you build THE Grim Reaper?

What powers would you give him?

Extra-dimensional powers (to the Death realms)

Flight (floating)

Death touch (High Drain BODY perhaps?)

What else would be "essential".

ON a more serious note whoever has the highest PRE in your universe, then double it for Grim Reaper.

Two things I am reminded of when I see this thread are Piers Anthony's novel On a Pale Horse (in which a suicidal guy kills the Reaper and discovers he has to take his place) and the Cartoon Network series The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy (in which a brilliant but amoral little girl tricks the Grim Reaper into becoming her "best friend"). Both pose interesting power sets for the Reaper' date=' and the latter has some bizarre limitations for him (who actually emerges as a somewhat sympathetic figure -- there are many beings and persons in that world that are [i']far[/i] more evil than he).

Well, the Grim Reaper (or any other Death figure) probably shouldnt be an evil figure, per se. You gotta keep balance in the world after all. I mean it does seem a big amount of fictional immortals eventually become either suicidal or megalomaniacal. ( i guess it would make sense that after a couple thousand years life would get kind of boring).

COurse, that may be getting a little too philosophical there. Like would good deeds be so noble, if not for the opportunity to choose to do evil. (you have to be careful with your mind when you have too much time on your hands.:o)

Distinctive Features: Voice of Adam Carolla

- - -

Multiple Desolids Versus attacks like Real Weapons and Transforms

Possibly a major damage reduction along with something absurd like 666 Stun.

Psychological Limitation: Must accept a challenge by the recently deceased to a game.

Healing: Resurrection Limited: May only be used on those who beat the Reaper at a game.

PS: Monopoly 21- (Okay that should be games of chance)

Gambling 21-

That reminds me.

Rivalry: The Warner Brothers........and sister.

"He" would probably also need some kind of time manipulation ability' date=' to make him able to spend adequate time at the scene of every death...[/quote']

Well, I do suggest that everytime we do a Santa Claus write-up. (isnt it about time for the start of Christmas season?:doi:)

Name: The grim reaper

Alternate IDs: Chris "Buttons" Hurrel

Player: NPC - Force of Nature

Val Char Roll Notes

15 STR 12- HTH Damage 3d6 END [1]

10 DEX 11- OCV 3 DCV 3

10 CON 11-

40 BODY 17-

15 INT 12- PER Roll 12-

10 EGO 11- ECV: 3

30 PRE 15- PRE Attack: 6d6

0 COM 9-

3/38 PD

2/37 ED

5 SPD

5 REC Run: 0"

20 END Swim: 0"

53 STUN Leap: 0"

Disadvantages Pts

Physical Limitation: Always Desolidified (All the Time, Fully Impairing) 25

Psychological Limitation: Believes he is Death, to deliver it to all who deserve it (Very Common, Total) 25

Reputation: He's Death, been in action for 25 years, 14- (Extreme) 20

Hunted: Quantum Sentinels 14- (As Pow, NCI, Harshly Punish) 25

Money: Has no money Destitute 10

Social Limitation: TALKS IN ALL CAPS... when he talks at all (Very Frequently, Major) 20

XP

Base : 650

Disads : +125

XP Spent : +0

Total = 775

98 : Characteristics Cost

430 + Powers Cost

247 + Martial Arts/Skills/Perks/Talents Cost

775 = Total Cost

Pts. Power/Skill/Perk/Talent END

Powers

112 The Reaper's Cloak: Force Field (35 PD/35 ED/35 Mental Defense/35 Power Defense), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Persistent (+1/2) (280 Active Points); Always On (-1/2), Side Effects, Side Effect occurs automatically whenever Power is used (Side Effect only affects the environment near the character; Weakens the environment whenever his armor takes a hit.; -1/2), Physical Manifestation (-1/4), Visible (-1/4)

80 Death's Body: (Total: 120 Active Cost, 80 Real Cost) Physical Damage Reduction, Resistant, 75% (60 Active Points); Always On (-1/2) (Real Cost: 40) plus Energy Damage Reduction, Resistant, 75% (60 Active Points); Always On (-1/2) (Real Cost: 40)

40 Deathly Form: Desolidification (affected by Holy Energy), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Persistent (+1/2) (80 Active Points); Always On (-1/2), Side Effects, Side Effect occurs automatically whenever Power is used (Side Effect only affects the environment near the character; Weakens the Environment he passes through; -1/2)

30 Deathly Step: Flight 10", No Turn Mode (+1/4), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Persistent (+1/2) (45 Active Points); Always On (-1/2)

18 Soul Consumption: Healing BODY 5d6, Trigger (Taking a life; +1/4) (62 Active Points); No Conscious Control (-2), Self Only (-1/2) 6

100 Death's Scythe: Killing Attack - Hand-To-Hand 5 1/2d6, Area Of Effect Nonselective (One Hex; +1/4), Affects Physical World (+2) (276 Active Points); OIF (-1/2), Required Hands Two-Handed (-1/2), Side Effects, Side Effect occurs automatically whenever Power is used (Side Effect only affects the environment near the character; Environment gets corroded when touched by the scythe; -1/2), No Knockback (-1/4) 28

50 Life Support (Eating: Character does not eat; Immunity: All terrestrial diseases and biowarfare agents; Immunity: All terrestrial poisons and chemical warfare agents; Longevity: Immortal; Safe in High Pressure; Safe in High Radiation; Safe in Intense Cold; Safe in Intense Heat; Safe in Low Pressure/Vacuum; Self-Contained Breathing; Sleeping: Character does not sleep)

Martial Arts

1 Weapon Element: Two-Handed Weapons

24 +6 HTH Damage Class(es)

3 Basic Strike: 1/2 Phase, +1 OCV, +0 DCV, Weapon +8 DC Strike

4 Counterstrike: 1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, +2 DCV, Weapon +8 DC Strike, Must Follow Block

5 Defensive Block: 1/2 Phase, +1 OCV, +3 DCV, Block, Abort

4 Fast Strike: 1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, +0 DCV, Weapon +8 DC Strike

4 Killing Strike: 1/2 Phase, -2 OCV, +0 DCV, HKA 5 DC

3 Legsweep: 1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, -1 DCV, Weapon +7 DC Strike, Target Falls

5 Offensive Strike: 1/2 Phase, -2 OCV, +1 DCV, Weapon +10 DC Strike

Skills

15 Tracking 18-

3 Sleight Of Hand 11-

15 Shadowing 18-

15 Analyze: Health 18-

10 Defense Maneuver I-IV

3 KS: Anatomy 12-

9 KS: Medical Fields 18-

50 +10 with HTH Combat

Perks

5 Anonymity

Talents

3 Bump Of Direction

14 Fearless

40 Deadly Blow: +10d6 (With Death's Scythe)

10 Follow-Through Attack

2 Trackless Stride

Base OCV: 3 Base DCV: 3 Base ECV: 3

Adjustment + Adjustment + Adjustment +

Final OCV: Final DCV: Final ECV:

Levels: +10 with HTH Combat

The version of Death in Terry Pratchett's Diskworld books speaks in all upper case (commonly called 'CAPS' online). I believe the books also state that he doesn't actually speak' date=' you just hear his voice in your head.[/quote']

My goof. I only have the audio book versions. I thought it was small caps though. The narrator does a good job with the voices. You can almost hear the small caps and in Constable Dorful's case how the first letter in each word is capitalized.

My goof. I only have the audio book versions. I thought it was small caps though. The narrator does a good job with the voices. You can almost hear the small caps and in Constable Dorful's case how the first letter in each word is capitalized.

I'm confused. What on earth are "small caps"?

Well' date=' the Grim Reaper (or any other Death figure) probably shouldnt be an evil figure, per se. You gotta keep balance in the world after all. I mean it does seem a big amount of fictional immortals eventually become either suicidal or megalomaniacal. ( i guess it would make sense that after a couple thousand years life would get kind of boring).[/quote']

In the Piers Anthony books, Death's first case is pulling the soul from a woman who's body was mangled in an car wreck. Later on in the book he rescues a drowning man and convinces a woman not to kill herself because he feels it wasn't their time to go. In a later book Death is outraged when Fate accidentally makes the threads of life too short and 20 babies die in the neonatal ward of a hospital due to nurse's mistake. It's the way he is compassionate to his clients and the respect he has for them is what makes him a force for good.

DNPCs: Billy and Mandy.

I can see Billy as a DNPC (as close to being a complete idiot as you can be without actually being mentally disabled), but Mandy? Mandy doesn't get into trouble, she makes it. She also has very high mental stats for her age. Grim might be HER DNPC, albeit a very powerful one.

And yes -- the fact that I know so much about a fairly mediocre Ameritoon frightens me. Still, better that than Chowder.

I can see Billy as a DNPC (as close to being a complete idiot as you can be without actually being mentally disabled), but Mandy? Mandy doesn't get into trouble, she makes it. She also has very high mental stats for her age. Grim might be HER DNPC, albeit a very powerful one.

And yes -- the fact that I know so much about a fairly mediocre Ameritoon frightens me. Still, better that than Chowder.

Caught that did you? Yeah, that is true half the time Grim is her DNPC. (and yes I have caught a few cartoons and no, I will never watch Chowder under any circumstances)

Name: The grim reaper

Alternate IDs: Chris "Buttons" Hurrel

Player: NPC - Force of Nature

Val Char Roll Notes

15 STR 12- HTH Damage 3d6 END [1]

10 DEX 11- OCV 3 DCV 3

10 CON 11-

40 BODY 17-

15 INT 12- PER Roll 12-

10 EGO 11- ECV: 3

30 PRE 15- PRE Attack: 6d6

0 COM 9-

3/38 PD

2/37 ED

5 SPD

5 REC Run: 0"

20 END Swim: 0"

53 STUN Leap: 0"

Disadvantages Pts

Physical Limitation: Always Desolidified (All the Time, Fully Impairing) 25

Psychological Limitation: Believes he is Death, to deliver it to all who deserve it (Very Common, Total) 25

Reputation: He's Death, been in action for 25 years, 14- (Extreme) 20

Hunted: Quantum Sentinels 14- (As Pow, NCI, Harshly Punish) 25

Money: Has no money Destitute 10

Social Limitation: TALKS IN ALL CAPS... when he talks at all (Very Frequently, Major) 20

XP

Base : 650

Disads : +125

XP Spent : +0

Total = 775

98 : Characteristics Cost

430 + Powers Cost

247 + Martial Arts/Skills/Perks/Talents Cost

775 = Total Cost

Pts. Power/Skill/Perk/Talent END

Powers

112 The Reaper's Cloak: Force Field (35 PD/35 ED/35 Mental Defense/35 Power Defense), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Persistent (+1/2) (280 Active Points); Always On (-1/2), Side Effects, Side Effect occurs automatically whenever Power is used (Side Effect only affects the environment near the character; Weakens the environment whenever his armor takes a hit.; -1/2), Physical Manifestation (-1/4), Visible (-1/4)

80 Death's Body: (Total: 120 Active Cost, 80 Real Cost) Physical Damage Reduction, Resistant, 75% (60 Active Points); Always On (-1/2) (Real Cost: 40) plus Energy Damage Reduction, Resistant, 75% (60 Active Points); Always On (-1/2) (Real Cost: 40)

40 Deathly Form: Desolidification (affected by Holy Energy), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Persistent (+1/2) (80 Active Points); Always On (-1/2), Side Effects, Side Effect occurs automatically whenever Power is used (Side Effect only affects the environment near the character; Weakens the Environment he passes through; -1/2)

30 Deathly Step: Flight 10", No Turn Mode (+1/4), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Persistent (+1/2) (45 Active Points); Always On (-1/2)

18 Soul Consumption: Healing BODY 5d6, Trigger (Taking a life; +1/4) (62 Active Points); No Conscious Control (-2), Self Only (-1/2) 6

100 Death's Scythe: Killing Attack - Hand-To-Hand 5 1/2d6, Area Of Effect Nonselective (One Hex; +1/4), Affects Physical World (+2) (276 Active Points); OIF (-1/2), Required Hands Two-Handed (-1/2), Side Effects, Side Effect occurs automatically whenever Power is used (Side Effect only affects the environment near the character; Environment gets corroded when touched by the scythe; -1/2), No Knockback (-1/4) 28

50 Life Support (Eating: Character does not eat; Immunity: All terrestrial diseases and biowarfare agents; Immunity: All terrestrial poisons and chemical warfare agents; Longevity: Immortal; Safe in High Pressure; Safe in High Radiation; Safe in Intense Cold; Safe in Intense Heat; Safe in Low Pressure/Vacuum; Self-Contained Breathing; Sleeping: Character does not sleep)

Martial Arts

1 Weapon Element: Two-Handed Weapons

24 +6 HTH Damage Class(es)

3 Basic Strike: 1/2 Phase, +1 OCV, +0 DCV, Weapon +8 DC Strike

4 Counterstrike: 1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, +2 DCV, Weapon +8 DC Strike, Must Follow Block

5 Defensive Block: 1/2 Phase, +1 OCV, +3 DCV, Block, Abort

4 Fast Strike: 1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, +0 DCV, Weapon +8 DC Strike

4 Killing Strike: 1/2 Phase, -2 OCV, +0 DCV, HKA 5 DC

3 Legsweep: 1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, -1 DCV, Weapon +7 DC Strike, Target Falls

5 Offensive Strike: 1/2 Phase, -2 OCV, +1 DCV, Weapon +10 DC Strike

Skills

15 Tracking 18-

3 Sleight Of Hand 11-

15 Shadowing 18-

15 Analyze: Health 18-

10 Defense Maneuver I-IV

3 KS: Anatomy 12-

9 KS: Medical Fields 18-

50 +10 with HTH Combat

Perks

5 Anonymity

Talents

3 Bump Of Direction

14 Fearless

40 Deadly Blow: +10d6 (With Death's Scythe)

10 Follow-Through Attack

2 Trackless Stride

Base OCV: 3 Base DCV: 3 Base ECV: 3

Adjustment + Adjustment + Adjustment +

Final OCV: Final DCV: Final ECV:

Levels: +10 with HTH Combat

Looks good at first glance. Though 30 PRE seems low for the Grim Reaper. Unless PRE is real low in the campaign on average. I'd at least be tempted to give him +50 PRE with a limitation of only being used against those who have fear of death/afterlife (which should cover about everybody, as not too many should have a 100% total lack of fear about death/afterlife), this is the friggin' Grim Reaper, man.

Psychic Invisibility (unaffected by wizards, witches, those on the threshold of death or the right mental state and. for some reason, cats)

Voice of Command (Mind Control with "Incantations" limitation)

Psych Lim: tries to understand humans, but doesn't really "get it"

Psych Lim: hates chess, prefers poker (or Cripple Mr Onion)

Quote: "OH LORD, WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN?"

Psychic Invisibility (unaffected by wizards, witches, those on the threshold of death or the right mental state and. for some reason, cats)

Voice of Command (Mind Control with "Incantations" limitation)

Psych Lim: tries to understand humans, but doesn't really "get it"

Psych Lim: hates chess, prefers poker (or Cripple Mr Onion)

Quote: "OH LORD, WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN?"

It is because cats are an unholy evil. I've been owned by several cats so I should know.