Martian Cave Discovered!

tkdguy

Re: Martian Cave Discovered!

I've got a colleague in the Math Department named John Carter. He works on wave equations (like ocean waves). If I did anything to do with Mars, I'd invite him to be a co-author just for style points.

There are people who haven't heard of Edgar Rice Burroughs? :eek:

People have heard of Tarzan. The number of people who know Burroughs wrote Tarzan is somewhat smaller. The number of people who know Burroughs wrote stuff other than Tarzan is smaller still.

People have heard of Tarzan. The number of people who know Burroughs wrote Tarzan is somewhat smaller. The number of people who know Burroughs wrote stuff other than Tarzan is smaller still.
We can be thankful that this may be changing, what with various film adaptations of "A Princess of Mars" coming out -- one on SyFy last month, and one in theaters in 2012.

We can be thankful that this may be changing' date=' what with various film adaptations of "A Princess of Mars" coming out -- one on SyFy last month, and one in theaters in 2012.[/quote']

I missed this one. Of course, since it was a Syfy movie, it was probably wretched.

I missed this one. Of course' date=' since it was a Syfy movie, it was probably wretched.[/quote']Not so much. It was done by a studio called The Asylum, who have generally done pretty well IMO (at least, among the movies of theirs I've seen) for being generally low budget. It probably wouldn't help to mention that this version was modernized, and had Antonio Sabato Jr. as John Carter and Traci Lords as Dejah Thoris, but overall it was fairly enjoyable.

Thats baaaaaaaaaaad

(had to rep you)

I don't deserve it. Now, if I'd found a way to work Edgar in there, that would deserve to be reputized.

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary considers this proof I'm losing my Edgar