Hero System Books Have Way to many Typos

sevrick

Re: Hero System Books Have Way to many Typos

By the way... on page 154 of Ninja Hero for 5th Edition the word "oil" should be replaced with "black blood of the earth."

I thought it was "strawberry cream cheese". Of course the 3-legged kick stats can be found in Mutant HERO :)

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(OMCV for non-mentalists...)

Eh' date=' it was discussed prior to publication.[/quote']

Quite thoroughly. There was no proposed fix that wasn't itself kludgy.

(re: Hardened plus Resistant)

I don't think anyone is pretending the system is perfect. I'm ok with a large net decrease in the amount of kludginess. If one or two new kludgy spots come up in the process, I'm not going to be too unhappy.

That's why we have GM's in the game to say no to such blatant munchkinisms.

So if such a construction just happens to match exactly my character concept, it's my fault that the system just happens to favor it, so I'm a bad person for imagining such a character?

Re: Hero System Characters Have Way to many Typos

So if such a construction just happens to match exactly my character concept' date=' it's my fault that the system just happens to favor it, so I'm a bad person for imagining such a character?[/quote']

The question in that case is whether your character concept matches the game that the GM is running. If the answer is "no", then you might need to come up with another character concept, or modify the one you have.

For example, I had a player submit a Fire Mage, with a 1 Hex pillar of fire that would incinerate a character caught in it over the course of about a minute. Even if he had built it correctly (he hadn't), it wasn't a spell that would be right for the tone of my campaign. I disallowed it, and discussed more appropriate spells for his character.

JoeG

So if such a construction just happens to match exactly my character concept' date=' it's my fault that the system just happens to favor it, so I'm a bad person for imagining such a character?[/quote']

I have to agree with Bryce. I can see a character that controls a blast with his mind (maybe with indirect thrown in) to hit a target. In that case OMCV vs DCV would be appropriate. So I would as a GM judge it on a case by case situation.

There's a difference between Imagining a Character, and Figuring out a work around in the rules that gives a mechanical advantage just for the sake of being about to "win". The previous, is Imagination and Character Creation. The later, is being a munchkin.

Hence why you have GM's to say no......and fortunently, no, doesn't get typoed to much as Know... :D

Now we Know, no?

~Rex....

There's a difference between Imagining a Character, and Figuring out a work around in the rules that gives a mechanical advantage just for the sake of being about to "win". The previous, is Imagination and Character Creation. The later, is being a munchkin.

Hence why you have GM's to say no......and fortunently, no, doesn't get typoed to much as Know... :D

Now we Know, no?

~Rex....

And knowing is half the battle...

I do think that the Resistant Advantage listed in the HSB (and other products) is a normal Advantage rather than a Naked Advantage' date=' as a Naked Advantage costs Endurance (unless otherwise ruled by the GM).[/quote']

I believe Naked Advantages only cost End if they can apply generally to any (of a particular kind of) power. If they are bought specifically for one existing instance of a power, they act as if they were originally added to that power and the trick is simply to calculate the Naked Advantage's cost. I'll have to re-read it for 6E, but that's the way it worked in 5ER.

It's on 6e314, under Naked Advantage Basics.

Again, I don't think Resistant is being added as a Naked Advantage; I think it's a normal Advantage on PD and ED. Why (under normal circumstances) would you want your PD / ED to sometimes be Resistant and other times not? I think it's a formatting thing.

Edit: 5er245 has almost the same text, but 6e has the addition, "This applies even if the power the Naked Advantage affects does not cost Endurance itself (either inherently, or because it was bought with Reduced Endurance)." So my opinion is that the rule was the same in 5er and 63; it was just clarified.