WWE Snark-Free Zone

Psybolt

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Dean Ambrose that was, Jon Moxley that is won his match at Wrestle Kingdom today so he will be fighting again tomorrow in a title defence.

Jericho is also fighting Hiroshi Tanahashi and if the latter wins then he gets a shot at Jericho's AEW championship.

Okada won his match as did Naito so they will be fighting each other tomorrow

Jon Moxley won his title defence but was then attacked by Minoru Suzuki who he then attacked the next night at New Year's Dash. This sets up a fight later in the year.

Jericho won his match so not title shot for Tanahashi.

Naito defeated Okada so he now has the heavyweight and Intercontinental belts. Naito will be feuding with Kenta follwoing attacks on Sunday and Monday.

The Big Show is back which is surprising considering he was supposed to be retired.

But the big news is that Brock Lesner will be entering the Royal Rumble as entrant No 1. I do hope he has his backside handed to him.

1 hour ago, death tribble said:

Jon Moxley won his title defence but was then attacked by Minoru Suzuki who he then attacked the next night at New Year's Dash. This sets up a fight later in the year.

Jericho won his match so not title shot for Tanahashi.

Naito defeated Okada so he now has the heavyweight and Intercontinental belts. Naito will be feuding with Kenta follwoing attacks on Sunday and Monday.

The Big Show is back which is surprising considering he was supposed to be retired.

But the big news is that Brock Lesner will be entering the Royal Rumble as entrant No 1. I do hope he has his backside handed to him.

You and me both.  I admit I used to be a fan of Lesnar during his first WWE run.  These days however, not so much.

2 hours ago, death tribble said:

Apparently she gets a great reaction when she is around so maybe that is why they decided to do it. But I find the timing suspect. Why didn't this come out beforehand ? 

No, the timing is not "suspect" at all.  She made a sanctimonious tweet about supporting other women, prompting the women who know Tessa doesn't support others to speak up about the kind of woman she actually is.

I see. But is is sanctimonious of you, and petty, to give a down vote on my post because you have information that I was not aware of. The BBC which is my primary source of news hardly ever has any wrestling news whatsoever.

And in the present atmosphere of pillorying people in all walks of life for offences I want evidence that is subject to a law court rather than the court of public opinion

Given the evidence against her it does seem that Tessa is at least guilty of bullying and harassment at the very least.

PS:  IMO, all downvotes are ridiculously silly.... Politely telling the person you disagree and why is quite sufficient.  Fortunately, the vast majority of folks on this board understand that.

• 2 weeks later...

Drew McIntyre and Charlotte Flair won the Rumbles.

No title changes but that is not surprising as titles rarely change hands here. Wrestlemania, yes. The Rumble, only occasionally.

The good news is that Brock Lesner was eliminated about half way through. By McIntyre.

This might sow the seeds of a McIntyre vs Lesner match for Wrestlemania. I am reminded of what happened over a decade ago. Lesner interfered in the Rumble and got Goldberg eliminated. Goldberg retaliated by costing Lesner the title in the nest pay per view resulting in the Goldberg vs Lesner match at Wrestlemania. 

• 4 weeks later...

Best wrestlers of all time:

*  My criteria is based on how much I liked watching them work in and out of the ring *

1.  Bret Hart

2.  Shawn Michaels

3.  Undertaker

4.  Mick Foley

5.  Ricky Steamboat

6.  The Rock

7.  Curt Hennig

8.  Chris Jericho

9.  Edge

10.  Steve Austin

Honorable mention - Arn Anderson

There have been title changes in the Super Showdown in Saudi Arabia.

John Morrison and the Miz defeated the New Day to become Smackdown Tag Team champs and Goldberg defeated The Fiend to become Universal Champion.

The Undertaker appeared in the Gauntlet match to defeat A J Styles. I have heard that Styles is supposed to be facing the Undertaker at Wrestlemania so that sets that feud up.

I have no idea who the tag team champs on both brands will face or who the Women's Tag Team champs will face.

However it would seem the current plans are McIntyre vs Lesner for the WWE championship;

Becky Lynch vs Shayner Bazler for the RAW Women's championship

Charlotte Flair vs Rhea Ripley for the NXT championship (not on the Takeover but Wrestlemania)

Speculation maybe for Orton vs Edge at Wrestlemania after what happened on the RAW following the Royal Rumble

• 2 weeks later...