And Now, Opening for Deathtongue, It's...

BoloOfEarth

I've decided to create a super-powered rock band, like the 4th edition villain group Road Kill but without the explosive dead animals to throw around. (In fact, I'm using the character pics from Road Kill, but otherwise creating the characters whole-cloth, so totally different powers, backgrounds, personalities, etc.) I've got (very) tentative names, powers, and band duties of:

• Hawke (pic of Heavy Metal) - invulnerable brick - Lead singer
  • Keyes (pic of Screech) - light energy projector - Keyboards
  • Sven (pic of The Axeman) - weather control? - Guitar
  • Tom (pic of Ted) - mentalist - Drums
  • ??? (pic of Boomer) - ??? - Bass guitar
  • Nette (pic of Sparks) - force webs and barriers - Backup vocals

The problem I'm having thus far, apart from a name and power set for the former Boomer, is coming up with a band name. It can't be something too long, unless it can be readily shortened. I also wouldn't mind if the band name is a bit unusual, as long as it's not *too* silly.

The individuals providing the two best band names (determined solely by me) will each receive a PDF copy of the upcoming (June) issue of the Haymaker! APA-zine, rep from me, bragging rights, and my undying gratitude. That's pretty much it, in order of descending usefulness.

Re: And Now, Opening for Deathtongue, It's...

Bassist: B-25 (son of B-24), the Mad Bomber. (That's a stage name, obviously.) Power is an RKA with Explosion, Limitations: Only Works Against Inanimate Objects, All or Nothing (no damage unless target reduced to zero Body), Full Power Only (only on the explosion part). He might be the dead animal exploder, actually.

And the group? Chainsaw Gigolo, perhaps. Alternately, the Rhino Humpers (though that was a RL group name in this area some 20 years back). Booty Gaffer. Helmet Beasts. Organ Grinder Love Monkeys. Bang for a Buck. If you prefer no sexual double entendres, then Six Gross, Teratoma, Scythe, or Wastage.

When I revised Road Kill for my own use, I made Heavy Metal a mentalist, code named "Headbanger." I also made a word play of Ted's last name, "Grange," and called him "Grunge."

As for a band name, my suggestions are "Rock Fall" or "Sound and Fury."

These are probably best suited to a "punk" band, if that's what you're going for. If not, at least they're mildly amusing....

Uproar! (you have to say it real loud)

Unclaimed Fright

Litterbox Format

Never Gonna Die

Under a Bus

Beat Me Up, Scotty

Occam's Cordless Electric

Swiss Army Chainsaw

Sorry for the lengthy delay in getting back to this thread. Many thanks for all the ideas. I'll probably make my decision in a week or two. I'm thinking that, even if I don't use a given band name for this group, I might mention others in the text or plot seeds. Some really fun ideas here.

My current faves are:

• Dead Wreckoning
  • Uproar! (if shouted properly, could sound like "Up yours!")
  • Encephalocide
  • Psychotic Weasel
  • Metaphysical Helix (with nickname MetaHell)

Ones I found highly amusing:

• Spherical Cow
  • Organ Grinder Love Monkeys
  • Occam's Cordless Electric

Ones I liked but wouldn't fit this group as I see them:

• Rock Fall (I'd change to Rocks Fall, as a nod to "Rocks fall, everyone dies.")
  • Steampunk Genocide
  • Swiss Army Chainsaw
  • Toxic Shamans

Thank you, Cygnia, for the idea on the bassist. The team could use a speedster.

Cancer, actually my dad flew B-24s in the war. If I went with that idea, I'd probably go with "Lib" (short for Liberator, the name of the B-24). But NOT the Mad Bomber, or my players would have a field day with it after the character on the Tick animated series.

The drummer being a kinetic energy manipulator is too obvious IMO. As to sonics, I'm actually trying to avoid that for any band members for similar reasons.

Thanks again, everybody!