Driving Under The Radar

Vondy

A pair of heroes wanted by local and federal authorities have rambling cross-country adventures in a pristine 1969 Ford Mustange Boss 429. Its a conspiciously rare and flashy muscle car. Yet the authorities who may well have seen the BOLO never make the connection that this is the car your looking for...

How would you guys build this?

Re: Driving Under The Radar

Normally' date=' that car would have a reputation, or distinctive features, right? So it would be a lack of distinctive features or reputation...[/quote']

Ordinarily I'd say that works, but in this case the only people who don't notice the car or react to it are authorities who should be looking for it!

Give the car a high Disguise Skill, with Special Effects being that it's not actually disguised, but might as well be.

Lucius Alexander

Disguising a palindromedary as a backandforthtrian

Give the car a high Disguise Skill' date=' with Special Effects being that it's not [i']actually[/i] disguised, but might as well be.

Lucius Alexander

Disguising a palindromedary as a backandforthtrian

Not a bad idea. Or persuasion!

"I really thought this car was the one, but on second look...."

Images v. sight & hearing: -5 to Perception, Set effect: totally inconspicuous vehicle, Persistent. Anyone looking at the vehicle will still perceive it... but it'll look completely ordinary.

This should probably be expanded to effect several hexes, so it covers the whole vehicle. Also, depending on how "foolproof" you want it, the penalty could be higher. If the road trip in question is really long (several days, coast-to-coast, whatever) then I'd go with a -10 to Perception. Otherwise, someone's gonna roll a perfect three and spot the car at some point.

When this just about "tehre is no connection between the characters and the car" I'd say: Nothing to model.

The same way you don't need running to move when riding in a car or extra resistant protection when riding in a tank, or a Blast attack to fire the gun of said tank you don't need anything special to drive in a car that is not connected with a crime.

When it is that the car is connected with a crime but still get's ingnored (everybody thinks "that is not the droid I am looking for")...how would the cloaking in "Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy" be build in hero?

I would go the opposite route; assume it's always unrecognized, except on rare occassions (that focus on the one local cop knowing what he's looking at):

Physical Complication/Disadvantage "unique, reconized car, drivers are Wanted" (Infrequently, Greatly Impairing)

Take a look in The Ultimate Skill. I think there's something in there using Invisibility' date=' treating various Skills as Unusual Senses.[/quote']

Simulate Death talent is Build as: "Invisibility To Detect Life Signs/Paramedics (10 Active Points)" (6E1 447).

Edit: The "thorough medical investigation" than can bust it, is most likely build with targetting/analising.

A pair of heroes wanted by local and federal authorities have rambling cross-country adventures in a pristine 1969 Ford Mustange Boss 429. Its a conspiciously rare and flashy muscle car. Yet the authorities who may well have seen the BOLO never make the connection that this is the car your looking for...

How would you guys build this?

I'd try building it with a Mental Illusions (Cosmetic Changes), Self Only (-1), Always The Same Illusion (Heroes' Car Looks Unremarkable; -1/2), Reduced END (0 END; +1/2) and Trigger (Whenever Law Enforcement Officials Aware Of The BOLO Look At The Car; Takes No Time; Character Does Not Control; Resets Automatically; +3/4). Of course this means you have to give the car an OMCV with Limited Power (Only To Create Mental Illusions; -1 1/2) for the MCV attack roll...

Could lead to some funny situations when an officer sees a video or photo of the car (such as with a red light camera) and recognizes it from the BOLO, but when they finally chase the car down and see it with their own eyes, they think "Darn, that's not the car... but I woulda sworn...". Or when a civilian sees the car and recoginzes it from a "wanter poster", tells the local authorities, but when the cops look at the car in person, they think "Hmph, another false alarm... that's the third one this week!".

You need a S.E.P field per Hitchhiker Guide to the Galaxy.

2d6 Mind Control Cumulative personal immunity, AoE radius, 0 end, max effect (48 points), invisible, persistent, always on.

Personal Immunity would extend to driver and passengers and any other the owner wishes immunized. Once immune, always immune so its not selective.

I agree that Disguise is the way to go. Check the rules for Bases with Skills. The same should apply for vehicles. Concealment makes an item hard to find, but Disguise makes an item hard to recognize as the one you want.

If not that, then use a form of the Resistance Talent, to penalize Deduction rolls.

If not that' date=' then use a form of the Resistance Talent, to penalize Deduction rolls.[/quote']

Resistance gives you an bonus for your ego roll to resist coercion attemps. It doesn't hinder the coercer in any way.

So how could it affect the Dedution directed at you?