Egg McGuffin

Marcus Impudite

Late last night, a small spacecraft fell to Earth just outside Campaign City. There was no sign of anyone aboard, but during a search of the wreckage, you find a small stasis container with an egg of some sort inside. It's bright green and roughly the size of a softball. You don't know what will hatch from it if it's removed from stasis and incubated.

The next morning, you encounter two different extraterrestial humaniods. Each asks you to hand over the egg, each claims to be an agent of an interplanetary law enforcement agency, and each claims his/her opposite number is a dangerous interstellar criminal who's up to no good. Neither seems willing to divulge just what kind of lifeform is inside the egg...

WWYCD?

Re: Egg McGuffin

Interesting story from the aliens. Unsure of who to trust, all my heroes would have the same response:

"What egg?"

(the egg and ship would have already been in the hands to the govt by now anyway. Certainly the crash site would be vacuumed clean of debris ala Roswell.)

Myrmydon would give the Egg (in his mind "prize") to niether Officer until they proved their worth in combat, either against each other or with him. During any fight, Myrmydon would be guaging their sense of honor and Justice in they way they handle themselves. Should one prove worthy in his eyes, and if he can determine if the Egg does truly belong to that individual, he would hand it over.

Sun Knight would have studied the egg as thoroughly as possible considering it's extraterrestrial origins. When confronting the "officers" he would aak many questions to determine where they are from in the Galaxy and which one (if either) truly represents The Law.

Incarnate, being completely out of her depth would consult with the minds of those who passed before her for advice and direction.

The Golem isn't sure what to do, but I'm sure it would end up with him playing father to some horrible alien by the end

Economaster, although she would feel dirty about it, would be forced by principle to set up intergalactic bidding wars on the egg

Vitus - *opens the Dimensional Nexus, throws Egg through to random dimension* Not my problem.

Zero - Deep telepathic interrogation of both. Problem solved.

ROVER - 'Hello. I am. ROVER 1.03. I Hunt. Criminals. Are You. A Criminal?" Would probably find the situation insolvable, given his limited A.I. Eventually, one of the two would lose his temper I expect.