Bizarre Crimes for Any Genre

John T

Re: Bizarre Crimes for Any Genre

This thread just put me in mind of crimes that might actually have happened in the real world that would explain a few things.

1) Someone stole Keanu Reeve's acting ability at some point, probably during Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure

2) The government of South Korea spent billions delaying the production of Starcraft II in a desperate attempt to prevent the total collapse of their country.

3) An unknown shadowy organization has been putting psychotropics into Japan's water supply, beginning the day that Tim Berners-Lee released the first browser to the world, just so that we (everyone not Japanese) would have a completely weird experience on the web at least once a week.

4) Time travelers have moved throughout history, providing originals for 'geniuses' to copy from, resulting in every significant work of art ever. This is the result of the most complex bar bet ever.

5) An alien species interfered with human evolution approximately 1 million years ago, guaranteeing our susceptibility to sedentary, entertainment oriented lifestyles. Blizzard is wholly owned by these aliens, as are most pizza delivery companies. Their purpose is to eventually have a permanent source of really good lard.

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php/69946-Odd-News-Plot-Seed?

In the middle of the night, two men break into a house and threaten the resident at knifepoint forcing her to give them.....

her eggbeater.

Lucius Alexander

Bizarre palindromedaries for any tagline

The Theobromian is a fanatic who requires purity... in chocolate. His mission is to eliminate any chocolate or chocolate-like product with less than 50% cacao. He routinely takes hostage large groups of people, refusing to let them leave until his demands are met. His demands? Each person there must eat a 1oz. piece of dark, semi-sweet or bitter chocolate, after which they may leave peacefully. Becoming one of his henchmen requires the consumption of a 4 oz. bar of baking chocolate.

• 2 weeks later...

Here are two real life bizzare robberies that could be used.

The first one I don't remember too much about. But the crime was they stole a beach. I forget if they ever found out who or why, but someone dug a hole about 2 feet down over a 50 foot area.

The second I remember. The crime they stole a church. It happened in Russian theioir was an old church in town and a developer announced he would pay like twoicents a brick. He got very confused when people started dropping off bricks and asking to be paid. He figured itm out when after two weeks the church was gone.

Let's see, been thinking about this. What constitutes a bizarre crime?

1. The motive itself is bizarre. i.e. This is something that no person would do for that particular reason. Stealing money to make a paper mache statue, for instance.

2. The subject chosen is bizarre or other than the obvious. Break into the Louvre and steal the frame from the Mona Lisa, leaving the painting behind.

3. The act undertaken is bizarre, and involves clearly criminal acts. Breaking into Seaworld and moving each animal into a different tank without harming them.

4. Something is done that sort of seems to be a crime, but no actual criminality is involved. The (real life) people in Seattle who put up a monolith on 1/1/2001 would be an example.

5. An anti-crime. Someone breaks into several thousand bank accounts and transfers a sum of their own (legitimately earned) money into them.

6. Bragging rights. Someone breaks into the Oval Office, leaves a harmless apple on the desk, and leaves without being caught. It occurs to me that this could make a really interesting campaign, with strange events representing an escalating series of challenges and dares between skilled, bored professionals.

For my own use, mostly 2, 3 and 4. The rest, to me, have at least a measure of general comprehensibility. Stealing all the lug nuts from every car parked overnight along one specific street, in order to maintain "cosmic balance" might make sense to the perpetrator, but odds are it'll never make sense to anyone else. :P

Others that come to mind:

• Destoying (or attempting to destroy) the Washington Monument, and other large obelisk-like structures, because they're poking in the eye.
    Crop circles. I'm fairly sure flattening portions of someone's grain field is a crime. :P

• 2 weeks later...

A Clown-like supervillainess team kidnapped several PCs and forced them to play a superhero version of the Dating Game.

A group called the Lollipop Guild showed up to try to kill an immortal NPC hero, in order to collect their "gold points and experience pieces".

A villainous alien kidnapped dozens of prominent human females to recruit them into his harem, because "Lord Marzz needs women."

Did he need them to

Go one step further and make sure it has a barcode AND a price in the store computer. The clerk will be baffled' date=' and never find any more of that item in their inventory...[/quote']

If that includes stuff from our bigger store four blocks away, once again, life is way ahead of art.

• 2 weeks later...