Black Enchantress

L.Craig

Re: Black Enchantress

I would recommend Talisman, from Champions Villains Vol. 3. She's not quite as versatile in her Powers as the Black Enchantress, but probably more effective in combat; and her style and attitude would fit very well with BE. You can easily raise the size of her Attacks and Defenses, increase her Speed or CV, or otherwise pump her up to match your PCs.

Man, its interesting how different that character sheet looks compared to later Mastervillains even when you take into account Black Enchantress was meant to vulnerable. Unless she dumped most of her pool into defenses it seems like she'd barely last a turn against most 5th+ groups.

Man' date=' its interesting how different that character sheet looks compared to later Mastervillains even when you take into account Black Enchantress was meant to vulnerable. Unless she dumped most of her pool into defenses it seems like she'd barely last a turn against most 5th+ groups.[/quote']

Yes, she'd be pretty easy to deck by surprise or with a lucky shot, unless you really stack the deck in her favor. When I ran that module I gave BE the much-superior physical stats of her mother, Ch'andarra. Even with that, though, she'd still be rather weak compared to most current master villains.

Humm...me? I would up her VVP. I just posted the Destroy advantage for Drain in another part of the board (a +4 advantage), so her EGO destruction might be passable. I would defently give her SOME defences. She's a master villian, and a mystic, so why dosen't she have Power Defence and minor defencove powers with the limitation Not VS Silver?

Prehaps when I get the main 6ed book I might create a reimagioning post on Black Enchantress.

Morgaine the Mystic from the Crimelords (Champions Villains vol. 2) might be a good alternative to Talisman too' date=' if you find the latter isn't quite what you're looking for.[/quote']

I thought of her myself, but her spells are heavily weighted toward elemental magics, and her Psych Complications aren't as twisted as the BE's. IMO she'd need more work to adjust to fit the module.

Come to think of it, the human form of the Shadow Queen (from CV Vol. 1) would be a pretty good fit for the Enchantress, power- and personality-wise. Maybe just add a suite of Mental Powers.

What I want to know is how she uses her henchmen? Is she using them to capture people to sacrifice or do other nefarious things to?

Otherwise, the stun-only blasters they have seem at odds with her description of being utterly evil.

I remember a note about those stun blasters in the module. BE often likes to do horrible things to people other than killing them, e.g. control their minds to force them to despicable acts, or transform them into something grotesque. She has no problem in principle with killing people; she just doesn't like her minions effectively making that decision for her by using lethal weapons.

Humm...me? I would up her VVP. I just posted the Destroy advantage for Drain in another part of the board (a +4 advantage), so her EGO destruction might be passable. I would defently give her SOME defences. She's a master villian, and a mystic, so why dosen't she have Power Defence and minor defencove powers with the limitation Not VS Silver?

Prehaps when I get the main 6ed book I might create a reimagioning post on Black Enchantress.

In those days, Destruction was just a Drain that recovered at the same rate as BODY. For 6E, a Drain bought to Per Month recovery would probably work.