So Easy Even A Nine-Year-Old Can Do It!

teh bunneh

Re: So Easy Even A Nine-Year-Old Can Do It!

Well, there was the beginning of the game, when they were choosing characters...

Cayleigh: Do you have Starfire?

Me: Yes, of cour...

Cayleigh: I WANT TO PLAY STARFIRE!!!!

:lol:

If I were playing Teen Titans Go!, I'd probably prefer to play Starfire

second preference Raven

3rd preference Cyborg

I've run this game for many years at local conventions. My very favorite moment of all time was two teenaged girls playing Raven and Cyborg had teamed up to smash a badguy. They one-shotted him, and the girl playing Cyborg shouts, "BOOYAH! Bump it!" and holds her fist up for Raven to bump.

The girl playing Raven turns slowly, stares blankly at Cyborg for a moment, then in a completely deadpan voice, replies "No."

It was a 100% perfect Teen Titans Go moment. :lol:

I've run this game for many years at local conventions. My very favorite moment of all time was two teenaged girls playing Raven and Cyborg had teamed up to smash a badguy. They one-shotted him, and the girl playing Cyborg shouts, "BOOYAH! Bump it!" and holds her fist up for Raven to bump.

The girl playing Raven turns slowly, stares blankly at Cyborg for a moment, then in a completely deadpan voice, replies "No."

Yes, totally like they would do it.

To bad I can't rep you for that story. Or the OP.

My son started playing with my group when he was eight. And he also wanted to play a Teen Titans character. But he picked Robin's criminal alter ego Red X.

And he quickly could add up the STUN from a 12d6 attack faster than some of the lifelong players my own age.

I would rep you again if I could. This is great stuff!

probably an expansion of the shorts they have been doing, some have been great, others crap. Titans Go have been fairly good, so has the "bratz", the dumb clay mations need to go however...

I have to say (again) that I applaud you for this and that the sheets that you and Susano use are very approachable. Was this a export template used for HD?

No. I built the character sheets in InDesign. I created the characters in HeroDesigner, exported them as plain text, then created the charsheets.

No. I built the character sheets in InDesign. I created the characters in HeroDesigner' date=' exported them as plain text, then created the charsheets.[/quote']

Roger that. I was just looking at the layout and trying to figure out how I'd edit the export to duplicate it.

A local gaming podcast and FLGS hosted a game day last Saturday' date=' and they invited me to run a game. This was a charity event for the Rocky Mountain Raptor Society. I ended up running a [i']Teen Titans Go![/i] adventure, using Hero 6e. It's a game I've run for many years, making my own adventures based on the long-running cartoon series.

Anyway, this session I played host to not one, not two, but three 9-year-old girls! They were huge fans of the cartoon and were very, very excited to play. Two of them had their favorite characters (Starfire and Raven), and the third wanted to play Kid Flash ("Because he's the fastest of all!").

The game was very successful (apparently the kids raved about it to their parents for the rest of the day). I cut the game a bit short, ending it after about 2.5 hours, because attention spans were starting to wander. So I just tossed the big baddie at them and let them have fun. They ended up teaming up and basically one-shotting him. :) They were so happy and proud that their plan worked, they wouldn't stop talking about it!

I believe that I earned my GM's Stripes that day. :D

Wow! That's cool!!

Thanks guys! Like I said, it was a lot of fun and the girls seemed to enjoy themselves. :)

Here's a link to where I posted my Titans charsheets:

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php/89685-Hero-GUI?p=2332424#post2332424

I just realized the Kid Flash sheet isn't there though. Any chance you could share?