So Easy Even A Nine-Year-Old Can Do It!

teh bunneh

A local gaming podcast and FLGS hosted a game day last Saturday, and they invited me to run a game. This was a charity event for the Rocky Mountain Raptor Society. I ended up running a Teen Titans Go! adventure, using Hero 6e. It's a game I've run for many years, making my own adventures based on the long-running cartoon series.

Anyway, this session I played host to not one, not two, but three 9-year-old girls! They were huge fans of the cartoon and were very, very excited to play. Two of them had their favorite characters (Starfire and Raven), and the third wanted to play Kid Flash ("Because he's the fastest of all!").

The game was very successful (apparently the kids raved about it to their parents for the rest of the day). I cut the game a bit short, ending it after about 2.5 hours, because attention spans were starting to wander. So I just tossed the big baddie at them and let them have fun. They ended up teaming up and basically one-shotting him. :) They were so happy and proud that their plan worked, they wouldn't stop talking about it!

I believe that I earned my GM's Stripes that day. :D

So here's some pics...(spoilered because some of 'em are big)

582265_447463051930384_401468096529880_1719969_1696534507_n.jpg

252347_4108515922192_1188605990_n.jpg

535829_447463211930368_1311015131_n.jpg

205284_447463505263672_1556920949_n.jpg

Re: So Easy Even A Nine-Year-Old Can Do It!

I was able to find the following with a forum search:

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php/88961-Adventure-The-Return-of-the-Hive-Five?highlight=titans

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php/80805-Running-Hero-at-Gaming-Conventions?p=2043092#post2043092

Not sure if teh bunneh has ever posted the rest of his Titans though. :D

Thanks! I've been too lazy lately to think of the obvious.

Clearly this is just a clever photo manipulation. Everyone knows that only grumpy' date=' male grognard mathaletes play HERO System! :P. . . .[/quote']

Once I mastered the programming language required to design characters, there was no looking back

Although looking over my character sheets to find the places where I've used semi-colons instead of colons is a royal pain. Do they do that in Mutants and Masterminds?

Really love the character cutouts to go along with the character sheets. That's a cool touch :)

Thanks! The character cutouts didn't stand up as well as I hoped they would, so I'm going to experiment with them next time. I think some tacky putty on the inside might do the trick... :think:

I' m thinking of setting up a Hero RPG Club at the local Library But I could'nt find any players who play HERO. Some actually prefer D&D and other fantasy games to superhero RPing.

Got any advice for a PBP GM for a FTF gaming?

Tell them Hero does fantasy too.. and if the Gandalf player wants a sword - he can have a freakin' sword.

I thought about linking this over on rpg.net but it would probably ju8st turn into a long diatribe on how much more fun the girls would have had with Mutants and Master, Marvel Hero Roleplay or whatever the super flavor of month is...

Edit: Does that sound bitter? :D