When Champions Begat

Hermit

My character can't have kids in the usual fashion, being a robot -- and, oddly enough, is technically inept to the point of having a small Disadvantage. Not to mention his world's spirit realm is so weak from negliect that a golem would also be unlikely. Under the current conditions of his life (worldwide Robot Wars and his being seen as a criminal), he couldn't even adopt a kid, as much as he likes them -- sure, he has a "human" alias, but his duties are far too demanding for him to be able to take care of a kid, and his father might order him to do terrible things to him or her... -- Pteryx

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only two of characters could have kids and they already do:

Orion the Hunter(Green Arrow/Travis Morgan Clone) spent some time in our worlds Savage Land/Skarteris and married a warrior queen while there and they have a daughter who has followed in her dads footsteps as Artimis(and due to the chaotic temporal flucs of the Hollow Earth she's 17 even though only 5 years had past while he was there.

Cat(II) now this one gets a little complicated so bear with me and you might want to have some asprin handy;)

Cat (I) As an infant she was left on the steps of a Jessuit Mission near Shanghigh in 1886(her mutant powers of regeneration also exteneded her life span). She grew up to be one the worlds best martial artist, cat burglars, and hero of the Legion of Justice. Early in both her and Teleios' careers they met during a turnament where she defeated him. He of course became infactuated with her but, she didn't want anything to do with him. Shortly after Cat(I)'s demise during a battle with Dr Destroyer a younger Cat appeared this was Cat (II) who turned out to be a clone of Cat (I) created by Teleios who had been accidently released before all the memory download coud be completed during a raid by UNTIL on one of his labs. With only spotty and unreliable memories she took up where Cat(I) left off. Next Cat(I)'s body became possesed by a demon called Kal'i so it's still runnig around. Not to long ago Cat(II) was seduced by Teleios and before she could escape his influence she gave birth to twin girls. The group mystic then had a vision of the future where the world was a wasteland ruled by Kal'i and her top two commanders were the twins so he took them and sent one back in time to 1886 and the other to the future(2886) where she was raised by the reincarnation of Cat(I)[now Cat(III)and became Cat(IV).

So Cat (II) is the clone of her own daughter:eek: :confused:;)

Guest WhammeWhamme
Originally posted by Kristopher

You know, I really wanted to try this with my three PCs, and I just can't get a handle on it.

T'Shenk Kennet - right, who's going to sleep with a 1000-year-old winged green saurian demon with claws that can cut through steel and jaws like a beartrap on crack? And who would he ever be able to love after losing so much over and over and over again?

Gunner and Mayhem - I wish I'd been able to play them long enough to dig into the campaign setting to this degree, but in both cases the game short-circuited in a few months because of unreliable participants.

Well, for T'Shenk Kennet; there are probably some *really* weird superhero groupies out there...

Or a plotline where he gets turned human.

Or he meets a *female* 1000 year old saurian demon.

Or someone did the cloning thing, but removed whatever his equivalent of the X chromosome is from it, and added some other parts to the mix to make 'em better.

Or he just has a romance with a blind female brick.

Or...

Or...

Or...

(says the guy who hasn't put forward his own character... hmmm)

Actually, I'll put up Flip.

He'd have an interesting problem; what do you do with kids who can 'accidently' tunnel through the interdimensional barriers...

He'll have to find someone to connect with first though. He's not exactly the dating type though... (He first totally dedicated himself to gymnastics, then to superheroing. He doesn't really 'get' the concept of down time)

• 2 years later...

Re: When Champions Begat

Forgive me for bumping my own thread, but recent events in an online game renewed my interest in how players think their characters' legacies and heirs might come out, and we have enough new posters and old posters with new characters that this thread might be fun for them again :)

Dr John Raven, a world-class MA, a world-class scientist, a world-class mystic. He has never been an open hero, but has worked from the shadows, codename: Crossfire. He was a CIA agent in the middle 1980's to the late 1990's.

While working for the CIA he meet a female agent for MI6, a beautiful French woman named Samantha deMoria, the two worked together for many years, she was injured and had to leave the service. The two married in 1989, both governments allowed the marriage. On 7/19/90, Cassandra Marie Raven was born, three years later a son, Alexander John Raven on 4/12/92.

He was a well liked agent but soon became noticed by an organization called The Phoenix Project. He wasn't used as an operative but a researcher. Dr Raven had a twin brother that was a special defense officer in Japan, Raven sent he's daughter to him for training in early 2000.

It wasn't long after joining the Project that he discovered it was actually controlled by aliens, these aliens called the Shadow's, had cloning tech and memory recording devices that would allow them to create exact duplicates of a person and also implant powers and commands. Raven learned of this and was attempting to leave when he and he's family, him, wife and son were captured and cloned; the originals were placed in cyro-statis. In an accident the clones died in an automobile crash. The shadows, couldn't replace the clones due to the way they died.

The daughter, Cassandra Marie Raven, trained hard while in Japan and due to her losing her parents, who her uncle told had both been agents fighting the good fight vs. evil worldwide, became the hidden hero named Nightshade. In the years that she was active she did as both her parents had done, stay in the shadows and fight her fight below the public radar. She was crippled in a fight vs. a former hero named Tank now known as Demo. She can not walk but has been asked to work for a new origination called the Earth Defense Force, EDF. In that organization she became know as "Know It All" or KIA, the joke not being lost on her, as she will never be an adventuring hero.

Later in 2017, due to the Second Invasion of Earth, the Shadows with allies both outside and on Earth were stopped. After that a number of people were discovered to be either clones or people in cyro-statis. Dr Raven and family were found. Dr Raven and he's family are asked to join the staff of the Defenders School. Dr Raven is a technomancer/ninja, he will be a teacher as will he's wife, and she will teach information gathering and research. The son, John JR, will be found to be a mutant with the ability to transform into a larger, stronger metallic form; the metal seems to be an organic from of Gold.

And now -- the three words that will strike fear and loathing in every true believer's heart...

Son of Foxbat!

'Nuff said.

Matt "No-Prize-aspirant" Frisbee

It happened in our game actually he has twins. Of course Foxbat changed his way and became bumbling hero after falling in love with one of the player characters Velocity who he later married. He is now a stay at home Dad. The world is safer that way. Maybe.

Did a 'child from the future story' with Hornet long ago. She had natural powers, no ficus, all that funkky shrinking effect. Hornet didnt like it--heroing was too dangerous for his daughter.

Ranger would never have kids. Even if he ever trusted anyone enough to commit to them (a very unlikely event) he wouldn't want kids. Family is a distraction, a weapon that can be used against you (or so he would tell himself). And, Ranger wouldn't start something he couldn't commit completely to, and family is one of things he thinks needs commitment. His work is his life, and he knows it will be his death as well, no need to leave a widow and fatherless kid behind, better to die alone and eventually forgotten.

Blaze never reached a point of maturity of wanting kids.

Then in an different campaign, I played Ebonstar, the progeny of an alternate Universe Hornet. Probably would have thought the same that his dad did.

Heh... I've actually had this turn up in-game before. :rolleyes:

Anybody who remembers the crew I talked about from What I Learned Playing A Mentalist may vaguely remember the XMen-like setting I ran in that I mentioned. Two of the main characters from there, G-Force and Snapshot, had a kid on the way rather young (they were both teenagers away from home for the first time in a place with weak curfew rules... whaddaya expect?)

Colin Jr. ended up growing up with the best support and training any young mutant could ask for when he was young, inheriting his father's superspeed and part of his mother's gravitic control abilities.

Once he grew up though, his 'family' largely destroyed by the same incident that killed the questionably-good Professor running the place, his father dead well before that, his mother raising him alone, his mind warped several times (right along with hers) to keep them from even really *remembering* his father, I imagine the poor kid would've grown up with a serious chip on his shoulder, probably always teetering on the line between wanting to be a hero, and having an unhealthy bundle of anger and resentment towards... well... almost anybody who wasn't kin (mentalists in particular) that could lead him down the Supervillain path.

Darkchild's son, Hellfire, being the child of one of the world's more powerful Invokers and a free-willed avatar of the Dragon, would be growing up with one foot in the mystic world and one in the mutant. Unlike his mother, he would have natural powers of his own, and spend much of his life ducking Dragon cultists, like his father had to.

While he wouldn't have much of an extended family (paternal grandparents being kept away via restraining order, maternal grandfather would be about the only kin outside of his folks... his mother's extended family wouldn't even know he'd been born), what he would have would probably be the indulgent sort. He'd be seeing goodly portions of the world by a young age, going to digs with grandpa while Mom and Dad were off saving the world. He'd probably grow up quite able to resist the Dragon influence in his blood, though it'd always have a bit of a 'taint' to his magical abilities.

Void, if he ever had a child, probably wouldn't know it. By all odds, it would probably be his ex who was the mother. Abyss would grow up trained by a psychotic mentalist who came out on the short end of a fight with a King of Edom, loathing his father for any of a thousand slights, imagined or otherwise, with his mother's staggering mental powers and probably enhanced versions of his father's energy-absorption abilities.

Very, very scary, in a lot of ways. Excellent serial killer material; sadistic, sociopathic, and capable of doing whatever he wants without having to worry too much about the repercussions, since he could almost always Mind Control somebody into letting him off the hook.

And now -- the three words that will strike fear and loathing in every true believer's heart...

Son of Foxbat!

'Nuff said.

Matt "No-Prize-aspirant" Frisbee

:rofl:

Oh God, given who Foxbat's married to in my version of CU, that is downright terrifying! She's just as bad as he is - while not quite as psychotic, she's having a blast with what she considers, in many ways, to be the most realistic Superhero LARP in existence.

Poor kid would have it coming from both sides. :ugly:

Just after posting my first reply, I had one of those "you must post me!" answers come up.

Resulting from the thread and post here, Sparks would be an anthropomorphic German Shepherd, likely only able to be born as the result of heavy genetic manipulation on the part of his mother, the supervillainess who blackmailed his father into sleeping with her. Knowing the history of his conception and birth (and desperately wishing he hadn't tripped across Mom's copy of the home video) he would probably seek out his father and his (now adult) superhero partners for guidance, and to pick up the long-ago discarded mantle of heroism his father was forced to drop due to old age, minor hip/elbow displacia, and eye disease when Sparks was only, oh, 8 or so.

An exceptionally powerful energy projector with electrical abilities, he would probably shock (pun intended) everybody around him with his abilities from a young age, and his enthusiasm/desire to overcome the stigma of just how he was created.

Adam sat, seemingly entranced by 49 different holovision screens, each set to a different channel. Most were showing various superhuman battles, past and present. Without turning away from the screens, Adam said, “Father, I still do not understand why some paranormals commit criminal acts. Why do they not choose to use their powers to help and protect others, as brother Christopher once did, and nephew David does now?â€

The man on the other side of the room was old, nearing 100, though nanoregenerative treatments had kept his age from showing in all ways except for his snow-white hair. “That’s the $64,000 question, isn’t it? Answer that, and you win a Kewpie doll.â€

At this, Adam turned around. “I’m afraid I don’t understand, Father. What does that amount of currency and…†(pausing in thought) “… a plasticine toy have to do with paranormal criminal psychology?â€

“Nothing, nothing at all.†So damn literal, he thought as he sighed deeply. “Sociologists, parapsychologists, and empaths have been trying to answer that question for, heck, over a century. Sometimes, it might be a matter of upbringing. Other times, it’s possibly a neurological defect. Nobody knows for sure.â€

“But can we not simply reprogram them to correct for this aberration?â€

The old man shook his head. “Not as easy as that. Sure, some telepaths have enough control to permanently alter thought processes, but that way lies madness. Remember the repercussions from the Lethean Imperative?â€

Adam thought for a moment. “I see what you mean. Nevertheless, it bears further study.†After a few moments, Adam turned back to the holovision screens before adding, “I have decided that when my education is complete, I will be joining David in his crimefighting activities.â€

The old man shook his head in amazement. Never thought I’d see the day that Defender would be allied with Mechanon, even if one is my grandson and the other my former enemy reprogrammed…

Eve and Tao are too mentally and emotionally young to consider having children and Shidoku isn't interested. In fact, she'd probably have herself sterilized.

Ivy has two children but they were conceived and delivered before her change so are perfectly normal children though she's currently embroiled in a custody battle with her ex husband for them.

Mask of Justice: Eventually winds up marrying the spunky girl reporter he's been trading quips with for years after he retires from active crimefighting. They just barely manage to have a kid while the wife is still fertile, so he or she is the apple of their eye. When the kid is old enough to keep a secret, they'll be told about the Mask, but won't take up the mantle. That privilege will go to a grandchild, who discovers the Mask powers in a time of great need. They aren't as suited to the modern world, so the new Justice (the old name is kind of clunky too) uses an assortment of high-tech gadgets to supplement them.

Calculus: Already has a son, who may have inherited the altered genetics, but not his specific powers. The powers activate when the son is in great danger, and he's guided by his genius father in the best ways to train him. Calculus is mindful of how some of his fellow Sidekicks were abused by their mentor figures, so errs on the side of leniency. If there's a school for young supers available, Calculus checks it out for possible enrollment of the kid.

Rock Bottom: Is gay, and his seed may no longer be compatible with baseline humans. Thus, any child is going to come as a complete surprise to him, having been raised by the mad scientist(s) who stole RB's genetic material. He'll feel a certain amount of responsibility towards the offspring, but not much of an emotional connection.

Kira Midori: Will, if still stuck in this timeline, eventually marry a fellow metahuman. Psychic powers are a dominant gene for her, so it's quite likely the kid will have at least some mental abilities, which will manifest at a young age. Unfortunately, it's likely that means she'll have to homeschool the kid, as most educational institutions aren't ready for telepathic six-year-olds, unlike those of her home time. And it's straight to hero school once one is available. Kira and her husband would be very careful to try to raise their children in the good guy ethos.

Talion: Would have to find a woman willing to mate with him first. Since his powers don't come from metahuman genetics, they wouldn't be passed down, so if the kid wants powers, they'll have to come from Mom. With Talion's Unluck, the kid will grow up hating him and determined to destroy Talion once and for all, regardless of any power availability.

Almost asked if you'd put this thread up before or after you dropped a bomb on poor Tim's worldview before I saw the bump and actually bothered to look at the dates... ;)

We'll leave Speedzone and Speedtrap out of this since Speedzone is still working his way to his first real kiss with Speedtrap's future mom... ;D

Only other char where a legacy is really a possibility would be Kodiak, and since my mind usually freezes up whenever I start trying to comptemplate his reaction when Justice makes the 'request'... :nonp:

However; given the child's biological father is a fairly powerful brick, and effectively a superheroic paladin -- and the mother would literally be the avatar of 'Justice' -- and the child's 'dad' is a high end martial artist/scientist who also had a costumed identity before he retired to take on other responsibilities...

Let's just say the final result should be more than potentially a little scary...

(and that's without considering the rest of the family tree)

STYLE is himself the son of a Green Lantern analog, a one time hero driven mad by the corrupting influence of a Crown of Krim. If Style had a child, the mother would probably be Perrenon Sylvestri. Chances are the child would be raised to be a monster.

FLESH GORDON might have a child by any one of dozens of metahumans, aliens, mythical creatures, or Tulpa thought forms. Flesh always had his Luck powers, though they have become much stronger of late. His Brick power set was the result of genetic modifications. Both power sets might be passed on to his child, and the mother's power set as well. Things could get very interesting.

Terminus is the product of radical genetic engineering; worse, even among the ranks of the Terminus Soldiers he was an experimental variation (his "civilian name", Kex, is short for "Series K, 001, Experimental").

It would take Teleios or someone of equal genius to make him fertile with anything.

Of my current characters, I could see Falcon getting married to another hero. It would just about have to be another hero, keeping her costumed activities secret from a husband would be more hassle than I think she'd be willing to put up with. (Maybe someone with 25 points worth of "Clueless"?) She's a gadgeteer/martial artist combo, so if the kids inherit any powers it'll be from daddy.

Arcana ... I don't see her getting married soon. She's slightly annoyed with her family for trying to push her into dating/marriage, and she's still learning how to use her sorcerous powers. If she should marry (maybe after retirement), I can see one of her kids finding her spellbooks in the attic and taking on the heroic identity.

I've come up with a few legacy heroes but more from the Golden and Silver Age than the current team of the Silver Knights. Currently:

Onyx: grandaughter of the Golden Age Onyx. Both recieve their powers from Bast, the Egyptian goddess with the symbol of the cat. Basically cat-like powers with a mystic bend.

Blue Bolt III: daughter of the Silver Age Blue Bolt II who in turn is the son of the Golden Age Blue Bolt I: superhuman speed and running.

Inferno: fire based powers- illegitament son of the Living Comet, a Golden Age hero. The Living Comet was a real player and his powers have given him exceptionally longevity, thus allowing him to have a son in the modern age. Inferno hates his father for not being there and is determined to be a hero "his way" instead of his father's way.

Regarding the modern team, the Silver Knights, the romances are a bit unstable. The most likely coupling is Starknight (a GL type) and Titan (an African prince and genius inventor who has a suit of Iron Man like armor). Their child might inherit Starknight's athleticism and Titan's intellgience. He/She might design a lighter suit of armor (more for protection and mobility rather than raw power) and combine it with martial arts training from his mother (she was trained extensively in combat as Starknight).

I've always assumed that Lady Silver, a potential archmage, would have children and likely they would inherit her mystic gifts. She would train them to be able to control their powers but might not want them to follow her path even though she is a strong believer in responsibility.

Sentinel has a son who lives with his mother and the last thing he would want is his son to become a hero of any sort. If the little one gained superpowers, that'd be another ulcer.