Ladies Only (A discussion of all female groups in super worlds)

Hermit

As might be evidenced by my own theoritical Foxbat driven beauty contest and other threads, sometimes a guy's inner juvenile comes out when he visualizes gorgeous women in tights.

However, I doubt that male super heroes and villains are much different. I can easily imagine that occaisionally super heroines (and their villainess counter parts) must get tired of super speed pick up lines, being hit on by guys who want you to check out his STR score, etc.

For this reason, I am thinking of including in my game world:

1) An all women team, either villainesses or Heroines.

2) A club, or some other place, where super powered women can go, no men allowed.

3) variation on #2, men are allowed, but they're serving drinks or dancing on stage for say...Hawkgirl's entertainment (Hey, I can see the one on the JL enjoying a good beer and telling a guy to shake it)

Obviously, since people are individuals, not every woman with super powers would be interested in taking advantage of these options, but I figure the option of them being out there will add a little spice to the over all settting.

Any ideas folks?

I have an all-emale villain team, called the Valkyries in my campaign.

They are all in powered armored suits, most of them are original, except for their leader. For that I used a rerorked Photon from the VOICE group.

Counting the 6 clones of the triplets (don't ask), there are about 25 of them.

They do mostly high tech mercenary jobs, I wrote them up after playing Mechwarrior for about three datys, non-stop. :rolleyes:

they have become part of the backgound:

~They have their own fanclub, women only

~They stage impromptu rallies where their supporters gather

~You can call their '976' number, and talk to one of them (actually just a computer)

~They hack hero teams websites, and post stuff about them in it.

~President Clinton bought their swimsuit calender

Originally posted by James Gillen

Unless your players are all female, this seems best as an idea for an NPC group.

Otherwise it brings to mind the Knights of the Dinner Table story where Sara GMed and told the guys to run female PCs...

JG

Only two of my players are female, but yeah, the idea for the team was an NPC group in case it needs be said. These are, like I said, for setting flavor. I have a pretty high super population in my CU, so things like this would I Think, logically develop.

I have an all female villain group called the Sisterhood in my game:

The Sisterhood

The Sisterhood is a villain group made up of strongly-feministic females whose primary goal seems to be to liberate women from their “lot†in life. The group’s secondary goal seems to be the destruction of female-oppressive corporations, businesses, and institutions before anymore harm can be done to its female employees. If the villainess group has a third goal it would have to be the utter humiliation of male hero and villain superhumans. To date only Foxbat seems impervious to the Sisterhood’s schemes.

Members: Crow (L), Amazon, Landslide, Starlight, Ward

Of course after three appearances my players still have not figured out that Crow is Raven, Amazon is Wonder Girl, Landslide is Terra, Starlight is Starfire and Ward is Lilth from the old Teen Titans. No one ever said players were smart. :)

Originally posted by James Gillen Unless your players are all female, this seems best as an idea for an NPC group.

My player group is biased toward female players. One of them plays the most obnoxious male PC in the group. He has the Psych Lim: Can't attack women ('cause there's a chance he might get lucky)

Originally posted by bcholmes

My player group is biased toward female players. One of them plays the most obnoxious male PC in the group. He has the Psych Lim: Can't attack women ('cause there's a chance he might get lucky)

I won't ever feel bad or worry about playing a "stereotypical male fantasy" female character again (if I am ever inclined to play a female character again - unlikely).Nor will I worry about the fact that the all femme team in my game is named:FOX FORCE

We had Femme Force. Named after the Female Liberationists in the Avengers. They had supers and agents. quite a large organization.

For the new campaign I am redoing them and making them more a threat in and out of combat. Instead of lots of names they are named after countries or continents ending in A.

So you have America, Asia, Austria, Australia etc. These are the code names.

The twist is that the newer members got their powers from a man. He is dedicated to the cause and has invented a safe way of giving people superpowers.

Re: Ladies Only (A discussion of all female groups in super worlds)

Originally posted by Hermit

Any ideas folks?

This seems like the NPC groups "Sisters of Hope" (heroes) and the "Matrons of Mayhem" (villains) from the Titans of Tomorrow.

Descriptions from the site as follows

Sisters of Hope: This team of super-feminists formed solely to help advocate women's rights and sexual equality. Keeping with their cause, the Sisters of Hope concentrate on protecting women, sending out a message that women are able-bodied -- that they matter and count in this predominantly chauvinist world. The team consists of Britannia, Frostbite, Hex, and Iron Maiden.

Matrons of Mayhem: A band of villainous females who have made it their goal to subvert patriarchy in the world. They hold a large grudge against the Sisters of Hope, whom were responsible for many of their defeats. Lady Hecate, Deadstar, Harridan, Virago, and Vox are members of this radical feminist group.

Originally posted by Crimson Arrow

Hey, don't forget the fabulous Furies!

I will eventually write up the other two. Promise. RL things have been getting in the way over the last couple of months.

Hey, how could we forget :) Meg even got a mention in the "Ms. Champions Universe" thread. She may hold the "most attractive (highest COM) super hero" of the CU title :) At least until you write up her sister ;)

Re: Ladies Only (A discussion of all female groups in super worlds)

I am thinking of including in my game world:

1) An all women team, either villainesses or Heroines.

2) A club, or some other place, where super powered women can go, no men allowed.

3) variation on #2, men are allowed, but they're serving drinks or dancing on stage for say...Hawkgirl's entertainment (Hey, I can see the one on the JL enjoying a good beer and telling a guy to shake it)

I've a feeling the club would go out of business rather quickly unless your world is bursting to the seams with superhumans, Top 10 style. Then again, Astro City has enough to support two drinking establishments.

Maybe the Super Club could have a ladies night once a month?

Re: Re: Ladies Only (A discussion of all female groups in super worlds)

Originally posted by Doug McCrae

I've a feeling the club would go out of business rather quickly unless your world is bursting to the seams with superhumans, Top 10 style. Then again, Astro City has enough to support two drinking establishments.

Maybe the Super Club could have a ladies night once a month?

Mmm, the ladies' night isn't a bad idea, and likely more realistic.

Then again, with all the money some heroines have to throw around, it doesn't need to be a big money maker if it has the right people running it.

"Electra just powers up the battery we have down stairs from time to time that Gadget girl whipped up. It saves us a fortune in utilities." :)

Hey, how could we forget :) Meg even got a mention in the "Ms. Champions Universe" thread. She may hold the "most attractive (highest COM) super hero" of the CU title :) At least until you write up her sister ;)

Thanks again for the mention, Hermit (I hadn't seen that thread until you pointed it out).

Yes, her little sister is the REAL beauty of the bunch. ;)

My retired PC, Troubadour was hunted by the Troubadour Revenge Squad, a group composed entirely of ex-girlfriends and other women who felt jilted by him. Some already had super powers, some gained them by accident, and a few went so far as to obtain them just to wreak vengence on the Playboy Powerhouse.

Female Super Groups

Interesting concept-

FOR GUYS ONLY................seriously, the true fact is that the vast majority of gamers are guys.(It's a sad truth) I have met and played, GMed with less than 5 guys who could convincingly pull off a female character with the appropriate psyche. As hokey as it is.......MEN ARE FROM MARS, WOMEN ARE FROM VENUS. Also, another truth, women in general have a few (keyword: FEW) close female friends. The majority of women like having a good number of PURELY PLATONIC male friends. Most women, especially those in committed relationships, are very protective of their "turf". They don't like the competition around "their" relationship. And another reality, however gross, women who live together, tend to begin "cycling" together. It makes for a very interesting week, once a month. So that being said, it's a cool concept for an artist, and a good selling comic book for the fanboy. The realistic idea is that it wouldn't happen, or if it did, it would be for a short term.

Re: Female Super Groups

Originally posted by drrushing

Also, another truth, women in general have a few (keyword: FEW) close female friends. The majority of women like having a good number of PURELY PLATONIC male friends. Most women, especially those in committed relationships, are very protective of their "turf". They don't like the competition around "their" relationship. And another reality, however gross, women who live together, tend to begin "cycling" together. It makes for a very interesting week, once a month.

Maybe in general. I've certainly seen women who didn't get along with most women. My wife is definitely not one of them and she has quite a few like minded friends. If they were super villians, they'd probably be working together fine.

So I can see it happenning in a Super setting.

Sam Bell had a group called the Soriority that were all women led by an alien from a matriarchal society.

I had a group, "Freelance" that just wound up that way because I prefered to draw female villians. :D So that would be the fanboy.

On cycles: Not gross and actually handy in some ways. I worked in an office, three guys, eight women. The women all synced up. One woman definitly had mood swings, she was about two days after my manager allowing me to schedule being out of the office.

Re: Female Super Groups

Originally posted by drrushing

Interesting concept-

FOR GUYS ONLY................seriously, the true fact is that the vast majority of gamers are guys.(It's a sad truth) I have met and played, GMed with less than 5 guys who could convincingly pull off a female character with the appropriate psyche. As hokey as it is.......MEN ARE FROM MARS, WOMEN ARE FROM VENUS. Also, another truth, women in general have a few (keyword: FEW) close female friends. The majority of women like having a good number of PURELY PLATONIC male friends. Most women, especially those in committed relationships, are very protective of their "turf". They don't like the competition around "their" relationship. And another reality, however gross, women who live together, tend to begin "cycling" together. It makes for a very interesting week, once a month. So that being said, it's a cool concept for an artist, and a good selling comic book for the fanboy. The realistic idea is that it wouldn't happen, or if it did, it would be for a short term.

I have quite a few close female friends does that make me a female freak? In fact if more women gamed, I would have more friends (nothing bonds you like role-playing and gaming on-line if your a female). I do have a lot of male friends, mostly due to the lack of women in gaming (gaming keeps me close to my friends). I think it's a male myth that women can't have female friends (please, this isn't high school anymore). As for "Our Monthly Friend" please leave it alone... if you ain't female, don't touch the subject.

As for the club idea, it might be interesting, but I would think more social club than male strip bar. For example, offering services by trusted people like haircuts, costume design, child care, a showroom for the latest superhero gadgets, ways to buy stuff without ID, combat training, weight rooms, etc.; all the little things in life you would want, but with the safety factor superheroes need. Of course a bar would be nice, a place to come and bitch about the latest boneheaded thing some villain did, and exchange advice on how to handle the police, villains, Foxbat, paparazzi, etc. Think full service spa with a shooting gallery.

A magazine geared to superheroines would be cool too, it wouldn't have to be something local but could be a national- or international-type publication, with articles on handling your love life when you have a secret ID, etc.

Originally posted by umbra

As for the club idea, it might be interesting, but I would think more social club than male strip bar. For example, offering services by trusted people like haircuts, costume design, child care, a showroom for the latest superhero gadgets, ways to buy stuff without ID, combat training, weight rooms, etc.; all the little things in life you would want, but with the safety factor superheroes need. Of course a bar would be nice, a place to come and bitch about the latest boneheaded thing some villain did, and exchange advice on how to handle the police, villains, Foxbat, paparazzi, etc. Think full service spa with a shooting gallery.

Nice ideas. Yeah, sounds like option 2 is more realistic than the option three, and I like the Spa suggestion.

I plan to ask the two female players in my group for more input, but thanks to everyone who's put in their thoughts so far.

A magazine geared to superheroines would be cool too, it wouldn't have to be something local but could be a national- or international-type publication, with articles on handling your love life when you have a secret ID, etc.

Now THIS is inspired. Perhaps I'll introduce "Cosmico: The Masked Woman's Magazine" in my campaigns or something. Forgive the punny name :)

Originally posted by Kristopher

Wouldn't getting a subscription to that mag be a dead giveaway that you're a super?

Depends on how delievery is handled. If you have a publicly known base like homestead, it could be mailed there. Payment might seem tricky, but I'm sure some annoymous paypal like set up could be made. We're talking about superheroes. Some heroes can build spacecraft or hack the UN, surely they can set up a subscription program :)

Great idea!

"My Secret Life: My Secret Heartache: Neutron Girl's Tragic Story Will Make You Weep."

"This Season's Colours: Are Autmnal Shades in Costumes Set for a Comeback?"

"I Was Stalked by an Amorphous Blob from Beyond the Stars and Now I Couldn't Be Any Happier."

"Does YOUR Boyfriend Have a Secret Identity Too? Our Quiz Will Tell You If Your 'Mr. Right' Might Really Be Your Arch-Enemy."

NOTE: Parody. These items are not supposed to bear any resemblance to articles in real world magazines. Although, now that you mention it...

Originally posted by Crimson Arrow

Great idea!

"My Secret Life: My Secret Heartache: Neutron Girl's Tragic Story Will Make You Weep."

"This Season's Colours: Are Autmnal Shades in Costumes Set for a Comeback?"

"I Was Stalked by an Amorphous Blob from Beyond the Stars and Now I Couldn't Be Any Happier."

"Does YOUR Boyfriend Have a Secret Identity Too? Our Quiz Will Tell You If Your 'Mr. Right' Might Really Be Your Arch-Enemy."

NOTE: Parody. These items are not supposed to bear any resemblance to articles in real world magazines. Although, now that you mention it...

Hehe these are funny... you could even give extra exp if your players wrote up an article for it...

You could also do something serious too, like a Help Wanted section (lackey needed, loyalty a plus), a Job section (heroine needed for Government sponsered group), Real estate section (used super base, a great fixer-upper priced to move), etc. Think Soldier of Fortune Magazine.

Of course if your going silly you have to do a section called "Costume Don'ts" with pictures of tacky costumes. Also the ads would be a hoot too (a woman holds up an antiperspirant and says "Super Secret, tough enough for Superman, but made for Wonder Woman")