Which sheet would you prefer

tiger

29 members have voted

1. 1. Which Sheet Do You Like

• Sheet 1
    • Sheet 2
    • Sheet 3

Hello All

Thinking of changing the character sheet layout in my gaming products. Not sure I will but the thought has crossed my mind so I wanted your input.

The first sheet is the style I'm using now, the next two are the others that I am thinking about. So have a vote and let me know you preference

Sheet1.pdf

Sheet2.pdf

Sheet3.pdf

Hello All

Thinking of changing the character sheet layout in my gaming products. Not sure I will but the thought has crossed my mind so I wanted your input.

The first sheet is the style I'm using now, the next two are the others that I am thinking about. So have a vote and let me know you preference

I kinda like #1...

Of those 3 options I prefer #3 but I still like this one better.

:)

HM

I agree with You, but I like my version that is Yellow on Blue. The other version is too bright. 

http://www.herogames.com/forums/files/file/192-6e-html-tashas-ultimate-character-sheet/

If only given a choice between the three, I like 2 best. But honestly I hate all three.

1 is the best for me. However I would add sections where stuff like Perception (and related powers) is seperated out.

3 Has the immense issues of finding any power on the sheet. You only got Cursive formating to go by. Wich does not stand out much against the non-cursive while also making the whole thing harder to read. I could fail to find a power writeup for minutes on that sheet.

If you want. The first sheet is the style I use in my gaming products. I have debated with myself of changing to a different style.

If you want some hints for a Redesign, take a look at the Pathfinder/D&D Sheet of roll20.net.

The main sheet is actually split into several (easy to use) register cards: Core, Defense, Attacks, Skills, inventory, Spells, NPC (followers).

Core includes a field for "Vision", in wich you can write down perception abilities.

Each Card also has room for Notes.

Class and racial abilties can have effects all over the place, like adding Darkvision (Core), Immunity to Fear (Defenses), and the like.

Mostly I would take your first sheet and add a area "Perception and Perceptability".

With Perception, you can note special sense (like his UV Perception) together with the Perception rolls.

With Perceptability you could note stuff like the Distinctive Features, Stealth Rolls, his "Hide in Shadows" ability.

I was not even aware Nightcrawler had these powers to begin with, so I would have overlooked them.

One issues that hero suffers from is that any section might go way out of proportions for some designs.

For Nightcrawler his Movement section is massive.

In turn for him (and most Bricks) the offense section is basically just listing STR. Wich would be where most Blasters and Gadgeteers have thier points.

How would you apply that to a print product though? Especially without having too much page bloat due to the stat block?

If you want some hints for a Redesign, take a look at the Pathfinder/D&D Sheet of roll20.net.

The main sheet is actually split into several (easy to use) register cards: Core, Defense, Attacks, Skills, inventory, Spells, NPC (followers).

Core includes a field for "Vision", in wich you can write down perception abilities.

Each Card also has room for Notes.

Class and racial abilties can have effects all over the place, like adding Darkvision (Core), Immunity to Fear (Defenses), and the like.

Mostly I would take your first sheet and add a area "Perception and Perceptability".

With Perception, you can note special sense (like his UV Perception) together with the Perception rolls.

With Perceptability you could note stuff like the Distinctive Features, Stealth Rolls, his "Hide in Shadows" ability.

I was not even aware Nightcrawler had these powers to begin with, so I would have overlooked them.

One issues that hero suffers from is that any section might go way out of proportions for some designs.

For Nightcrawler his Movement section is massive.

In turn for him (and most Bricks) the offense section is basically just listing STR. Wich would be where most Blasters and Gadgeteers have thier points.

How would you apply that to a print product though? Especially without having too much page bloat due to the stat block?

As a Programmer one of the things you have to learn that "readability weights higher then efficiency". Making the code more complex for a minor speed improovement (that might not even be needed) is never a good idea. So for the sake of readability, some page bloat might be unavoidable. As long as it is more readable afterwards, it was a good trade*

*Of course with print product size will mater for printing costs.

With the sheets we have very conflicting goals and we can not reach more then 1 effectively:

We need to full writeup (for the sake of putting it into Hero Designer or changing the character). Sheet 2 is focussed on that and accounting during play.

But we also need something with readability closer to 1 to use it during play.

As a result, some double-mentioning of values (or even having two sheets printed out) might be unavoidable.

The "accounting sheet" could use Sheet 2, minus:

Attacks and Maneuvers (Martial arts counts under Skills)

Current Status (only needs to be tracked during play)

Vital Information (derived from Atributes)

Defenses (derived from Powers and Atributes)

Sense (Powers and Atributes)

Movement (usual movement is Atributes; Unusual ones are powers)

In turn the "Play sheet" should be closer to 1, except with the following changes:

Perception (Senses, Sense-like skills, Perception)

Perceptability (Stealth Rolls, Distinctive Features, Hiding related powers)

Movement (both Atribute and Power based; do not forget complications) as seperate section

Behavior&Tactics (short, includes psychological complications)

Add a totally remove Complications, Skills, Powers, description, background. If they can not be in another section, it propably does not mater enough for play.