A Thread for Random Musings

Old Man

Re: A Thread for Random Musings

Just finished reading "The Grand Illusion: Loves, Lies, and Life with Styx" by Chuck Panozzo

its a very interesting read. I was most interested in the band related stuff; where things came apart, and it appears to be pretty much what I had thought.

There were some nice pictures. I choked up reading about his brother John's slow descent into death via alcoholism. Chuck's own issues with his homosexuality and HIV were eye opening. He is very candid in the book but he's also very kind to others; it's not a "Tell all" in which he tries to roast his fellow or former band-mates.

All in all, it was a good book. I've been reading a lot of biographies lately.

When someone is sticking to an entirely factually incorrect assertion, there's not much I can do past pointing out the facts. I can't make him accept those facts, and I certainly can't make him admit that he's full of dren.

Yet I keep trying, which is clearly a character flaw.

Cancer said it better in my sig.

I hadn't heard Snoopy Vs. The Red Baron for probably 20 years. Until it popped up on the radio the other day. Not too surprising that I remembered all the lyrics; a little more surprising that Ms. BDH did. And the look on Mom's face as Mrs. BDH & I sang along with this silly novelty song nearly as old as we are: Priceless.

I hadn't heard Snoopy Vs. The Red Baron for probably 20 years. Until it popped up on the radio the other day. Not too surprising that I remembered all the lyrics; a little more surprising that Ms. BDH did. And the look on Mom's face as Mrs. BDH & I sang along with this silly novelty song nearly as old as we are: Priceless.

I love that song...

The things you learn on Wikipedia! Here's an entry on a cocktail made with sake:

Duncan MacLeod - Coca-Cola, mixed with equal parts of Scotch whisky and sake over crushed ice. Named after a fictional character from the Highlander series, where an American actor (represented by the Coca-Cola) plays an immortal Scotsman (the Scotch whisky) with a Japanese blade (the sake).

Him: "I just don't like any of this new music."

Me: "Like what?"

Him: "Well, I don't like Brittany Spears. Or rap."

Me: "Um...you do know those aren't the only two choices, right?"

Him: :confused:

Me: :rolleyes:

The only thing more annoying than baby boomers proclaiming they stopped making decent music in 1973, is post-boomers who used to complain about the former, but now insist they stopped making decent music in 1988.