A Thread for Random Musings

Old Man

Re: A Thread for Random Musings

Attention Zornwil !

Your alleged lackey Bazza has been acting up again. There is proof positive that he is in league with the evil bunny keyes_bill.

Witness the Greater Diety thread by Doc Democracy. When urged on page 3 to behead the treacherous evil bunny, Bazza tries to change the subject and leaves the bunny alone.

FOR SHAME !

The bunny would be unmerciful to him were the positions reversed.

The board looks to you to punish your alleged lackey in a suitable way.

Memo to students: when the instructor directly contradicts the textbook, and makes the effort to point out both that he is contradicting the text and why he's doing it, take him at his word. Remember: it's the instructor who grades the test papers, not the book.

Feds ban Religious ornaments in HUD housing.

According to the center, HUD has issued a directive banning "any religious symbols or religious words associated with Christmas," which effectively prevents Mrs. Arnold from placing a small Christmas tree outside her door if it contains any religious symbols or words – "even an angel,"

Uhhh, THAT'S THE POINT OF CHRISTMAS!

when it rains. it pours.

So, I went back to work at the theater yesterday, dropping me right into the middle of pre-crunch time for The Hobbit. My boss is building Smaug tomorrow, and come Monday I'm gonna be drawing/painting a full size copy of the map from the front of the book... My boss said "The upper right quadrant". I replied "Actually I think you actually mean more the middle right, from the Shire to Lonely Mountain, because no one really cares about Rhun".

I also met with my #1 best client today, The Journeyman Academy, as they have another batch of graduates coming out the pipeline, which means I got to go fit 9 people for vests today, with 2 who couldn't make it. A good contract, around $1200 in all.

After working all day in the shop.

I got up at 8:30, worked all day in the shop, drove an hour and a half in traffic and rain to work like a crazed goth tinker elf and skip dinner. When we finished up, we got a standing ovation...apparently we were zipping along like demons. I guess not many people have seen how to drape a pattern, so it's a novelty to watch.

The only drawback is that I won't be able to finish the skirt I was making for the cute accordionist from Cullan's Hounds by their 5 pm show tomorrow unless I draft some help.

Which bums me out, 'cause I wanted to see her 1000 megawatt smile

Did I mention I was out last night 'til 3 am at O'Neils drinking Guinness and listening to/hanging out with the band?

I'm bloody beat.