A Thread for Random Musings

Old Man

Re: A Thread for Random Musings

Its not possible to truly appreciate the poetic depths of "le'horeg et bihl perek alef u' beit*" until you've seen them in the original Hebrew. :sneaky:

*Kill Bill Volumes I & II. Actually, since Hebrew was a strictly ritual and religious language for so long anyone who is versed in the chassidut and kabballah could actually derive mystical connotations from it if they really wanted to ...

There are now Pro-annorexia web sites out there where sick young girls with image obsessions encourage other sick young girls with image obsessions to starve themselves to death.

Wouldn't it be easier to just find a necromancer to turn you into a skelleton?

Doc

Been hearing the fuss over some "Desperate Housewives" inspired commercial for Pro football. Seems a lot o folks are up in arms about a woman in a towel on "wholesome football" in front of the kids. Especially after the Superbowl "wardrobe malfunction".

It seems that Mr. and Mrs. America don't like to have sex with their violence.

Doc

One day, I will wake up feeling perfectly rested. I will have no aches, no pains, nothing on my mind, and all will seem right with the world. And I swear, that when this day comes, it will puzzle the deuce out of me.

I just don't have days like this.

Guest Worldmaker

I just noticed I acquired an eighth rep dot on the strength of my response to Hermit in the Righteous Anger thread. Glad to see people agree with me occasionally.

I'm so stressed trying to buy a house (complication after complication) that I am afraid I am developing an ulcer. (yes I am a hypochondriac, why do you ask) My wife has been extremely depressed due to the same stresses.

Now I can't reach her at home, even the answering machine isn't picking up, and I can't leave work for another 10 minutes.

I know I am a WORRY WORT, but this is driving me NUTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!