2018-19 NFL Thread.

Enforcer84

Thinking about my tier of who I want to win:

-Really just not NE or Dal

-Don't care to see Team Nomad (Chargers) or Seattle either, but it would tear me up either.  Edit: Probably goes for Philly too upon further review, since they got their last year, although Foles is fun to pull for, so maybe slightly past the previous 2.

As far as the rest, divided into conference.

NFC: Don't have a problem with Bears, Rams, or Saints.  

AFC: What have we left KC, Hou, Ind, Ten?  Yeah, no problems with those 4 either. Kind of a 7 way tie for who I most want to win.   I've always been a little bitter at Houston choosing the dopey Texans moniker over bringing back the Oilers (my favorite team until they fled to Nashville) but kind of minor reason to bring them down (though given this first half, I might as well erase them)

OMG

If you heard about Allen Hurns' ankle injury but not seen it?  NOT!!!!!!!!! NOT!!!!!! NOT!!! suitable for the squeamish.  The ankle *very clearly* turns 90 degrees all at once.  Yes, Fox was right to not replay it more than once.  

Feels near certain he's out for all of next year.  Best of luck to him.

49 minutes ago, Pariah said:

Okay, so everyone who had "Cowboys win playoff game because Seahawks lose their kicker" please report to the cage to collect your winnings.

When did losing Janikowski hurt?

They went for 2 after both TDs and made both of em.  So that's 2 more points than they would've had.  The onside kick?  Did ya hear the stats on those this year?  8% when the onside is expected.

9 hours ago, Cancer said:

If it comes to that, I'll find something else to do that day.  Maybe Liga MX will have resumed play by then.

I'd watch Liga MX if I could speak Spanish. But I can't tell the players without commentary. And the Spanish language seems ideal for soccer, and sports in general, because the way it is spoken seems to feed the enthusiasm of the speaker. and that's a perfect fit for sportscasting.

Woot!  Jornada 1  Pumas - Veracruz!  Scoreless at minute 55.

Seriouly, I am watching just about everything muted now.  Your points about language are valid, but like you I have no Spanish, and I find sports commentary in English from national network talking heads so insipid and biased that it just aggravates me.

Well.

The extension for John Harbaugh has not been completed.  This hideous, inept offensive performance guarantees that there will be speculation it won't be.  Well into the 4th now and negative net passing yards, < 100 yards total offense......

The decision to leave Jackson in through the third is gonna draw some wrath, but I think Romo's right there...yanking him early 3rd would've led to complications.

Chargers are 9-0 outside LA.  Proof POSITIVE they belong in San Diego.

Apparently, the Chargers are going to the divisional round. It will be instructive next year to see if a deep enough playoff run will make LA finally care about the Chargers.

Of course, with both LA teams in the playoffs this season, has there been any of the same crosstown trash talk we would have been in NYC if the Giants and Jets were both in at this stage of the season?

23 minutes ago, Michael Hopcroft said:

Of course, with both LA teams in the playoffs this season, has there been any of the same crosstown trash talk we would have been in NYC if the Giants and Jets were both in at this stage of the season?

For that to happen, fans have to care about both teams.