2018-19 NFL Thread.

Enforcer84

I agree, but I watch *everything* muted -- TV gridiron commentators are very often morons, and also very often so grossly partisan that listening destroys any entertainment I get from watching.  So the lack of an English commentary is actually a plus.

And I was being intentionally ironic: Liga MX is between seasons at the moment.

I'm stuck with Jags/Texans or Cowboys/Giants...bleah and bleah.  Almost meaningless.  The talking heads were raving about ooooh, wow, things are SO unsettled and there's sooo many possibilities!!!  GAG!!!  It would mean more if the key position-related games were actually gonna be competitive on paper. 

Oh...well.  I'd not really looked at the schedule.  There ARE no interesting games in the early slot.

Dolphins-Bills

Lions-Packers

Jets-Pats

Panthers-Saints (and Brees is sitting)

Cowboys-Giants

Falcons-Bucs

Jags-Texans

They have many more games in the late slot than normal...partly because this is double-double week, with 2 games each for Fox and CBS, I suspect.

Arguaable if the Mail is a reasonable source, but take it at face value for now.  My response:  I hope not!  Logistical HELL for the the players...what are they gonna do, fly to every "home game"?  Or maintain separate living space in England for the season??  Team facilities are generally quite extensive...are they gonna build them up for just a year?

I suppose NFL Network might be happy because hey, they'd probably be the only ones interested in showing those games, I suspect.  

41 minutes ago, Old Man said:

I dunno, I'd hate to saddle the British with the Raiders for an entire season.

Then again, Derps fans are the most soccer-hooliganish people in the NFL, so maybe it's a good fit.

Think of it as the universe punishing the UK for Brexit.

43 minutes ago, Cancer said:

Got my hopes up.  Shame on you.

Guess you only need one point of contact in bounds when Jerry Jones is your team owner.

No.  The TD was legit.  The rule's been 1 knee is enough for ages.  The Cowboy receiver made a great grab and did get one knee down.

What I noted was poor play by the Giants after the kickoff.  Either poor playcalling...like the rollout cutting down options...or poor decision making by Eli.  He tried to fit it into a couple spots where there was nothing there.

I'm suprised, a bit, that I'm getting Ravens-Browns, rather than Denver.  I guess Houston was the regional game choice, and Ravens-Browns is the national choice.  Nantz and Romo are on the call, which supports this is CBS' #1 game this week.  (Other game is Vikes-Skins...important enough but IMO they both deserve to lose.)

Seattle win on a FG as time expires, despite a game of horrible offensive line play.

Cleveland turn it over with a minute left, preserving the Ravens' victory, and all but keeping the Steelers from backing into the playoffs: they need a tie in the Colts-Titans game to squeak in now.

5 hours ago, unclevlad said:

I'm stuck with Jags/Texans or Cowboys/Giants...bleah and bleah.  Almost meaningless.  The talking heads were raving about ooooh, wow, things are SO unsettled and there's sooo many possibilities!!!  GAG!!!  It would mean more if the key position-related games were actually gonna be competitive on paper. 

Oh...well.  I'd not really looked at the schedule.  There ARE no interesting games in the early slot.

Dolphins-Bills

Lions-Packers

Jets-Pats

Panthers-Saints (and Brees is sitting)

Cowboys-Giants

Falcons-Bucs

Jags-Texans

They have many more games in the late slot than normal...partly because this is double-double week, with 2 games each for Fox and CBS, I suspect.

My dad and me watched the Jags-Texans.  Mainly, because my dad is such a level of Cowboy hater he couldn't bear to watch them win (ironically we watched the last 2 minutes, which was probably why the Cowboys won).

Anyway, Jags-Texans game, we were wondering:  when ahead 20-3 in the 4th quarter when your opponent cant get 2 first downs in a possession.  Why the hell was Watson still in the game, let alone running with the ball?  Did they want to risk him getting hurt for nothing?