A Little Good News

Pariah

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Not a news story, but it made my daughter feel a bit better.

Wednesday after work, she stopped to gas up her car, and when she drove off she forgot that she had set her wallet on the back of her car.  Of course, it fell off somewhere along the way.  She was understandably upset.

The next day, a man in a nearby town contacted her via Facebook (having tracked her down from her license) saying that he had found her wallet.  Since he was going to be in her city that day for a vet appointment, he dropped it off in her mailbox - all credit cards and cash intact (only $2, but still).  Didn't ask for a reward (though she's going to try and get him something just to say thank you).  She had been having a very crappy last couple of months, and said that this helped restore some of her faith in humanity.

- - - - - - - - -

Here is an article that also helps restore faith in humanity.

I found $5,000 in a thrift store after it fell out of a shirt I picked up - a note I found meant I had to give it back | The US Sun (the-sun.com)

Edited by BoloOfEarth

• 2 months later...