Forgotten Enemies metathread

steriaca

Ok. We have, ideally, eight to ten writeups (with one of them as an option for those who want the original 'Hollywood vampire' Stalker of 4th edition fame). I don't think we need more writeups. But perhaps a list of potential members for those who again want options.

Considering Los Asesinos is a mystic based group (with a slight exception for the accident victim turned blood-sucking insect man, uplinked primate, armored idiot, and Hispanic ninja), what is their relationship with the Devil's Advocate? DEMON? Archmago? The Circle?

While not all are mystical based the majority are and could easily liked to other groups. one could even add a magic twist to the non-magic based members. Perhaps Spider Monkey actually was mutated due to a magical serum, maybe the ninja has learned to cast darkness based spells. :)

Once the Asesinos develop a reputation, the fully human members (who in the original were optional add-ons suited to particular campaign styles) could either be recruited or seek them out to petition for membership. As for Spider Monkey, most of the team being inhuman monsters gives her companionship that isn't hated humans.

Here are my takes on relationships with the outside world. Your take may be different.

ARGENT: Spider Monkey hates them above all other humans. If not restrained, she would slaughter all of them and eat their brains, not exactly in that order. Beyond that, and them fixing The Main's power armor (which thanks to his curse, never stays fixed), there is very little contact between them.

DEMON: DEMON, individually, are extremely interested in them. One Morbain like stories of the old west, another wants to examine the vampires, a third...does not speak to others.

Devil's Advocate: The Demonologist wants to study them a bit. Perhaps binding a water demon to The Main's battle suit could help the Mail. Or not. Or give The Dark Death an artifact. Or not. A bit more magic, and they could be their unwilling servants.

Terror Inc: They have had the group's services from time to time. Murtie will use them again.

Columbian Drug Cartel: Contact through The Overseer. Lady Twilight enjoys doing jobs for them and jobs on them.

On 5/1/2019 at 11:06 AM, steriaca said:

Considering Los Asesinos is a mystic based group (with a slight exception for the accident victim turned blood-sucking insect man, uplinked primate, armored idiot, and Hispanic ninja), what is their relationship with the Devil's Advocate? DEMON? Archmago? The Circle?

Demonologist would probably want to recruit Los Asesinos in schemes advancing his Dark Renaissance. He might even try to recruit some of the mystical members for the Devil's Advocates. He might have to be satisfied with hiring them, if they retain their mercenary m.o.

If DEMON is still following Luther Black's apotheosis scheme, LA would probably shun DEMON like most of the rest of the Mystic World. If not, a Morbane hiring them is possible. In addition, since DEMON seeks to acquire magic artifacts, they might go after Ocelote's transformative talisman.

If Archimago is still alive, or at least reanimated, hiring is possible there too. LIkewise the Circle of the Scarlet Moon.

Archmago needs not be alive or undead for the group to be manipulated into putting a plot of his into motion.

More thoughts.

Deadman Walking: Tombstone Kid and him need to figure out who is the best gunslinger south of Hell. One day, we will all find out.

Stalker vs Stalker: Well, if the 4th edition Stalker is still moving, and the 5th/6th edition, then we got ourselves a battle for the name. Who is 'worthy' of the name, and who is simply an uninformed noob?

Just an FYI. Im planning on keeping the characters close to their original write-up with a few addition. I plan on adding suggestions on their sheet for upgrades or ways to increase their power level for high level campaigns. Haven't really done this for previous FE products because the subjects we're more geared towards a Champions campaign rather  than Dark Champions.

9 minutes ago, tiger said:

Just an FYI. Im planning on keeping the characters close to their original write-up with a few addition. I plan on adding suggestions on their sheet for upgrades or ways to increase their power level for high level campaigns. Haven't really done this for previous FE products because the subjects we're more geared towards a Champions campaign rather  than Dark Champions.

So, they are Dark Champions before there was Dark Champions? I never saw them as low powered (or high powered). Most of them are powered in one way or another.

So, the group is going to be basically 'standard' than? I neither saw them as high-level or low-level. Most of them have powers. As a 'for higher' group, they should not be so powerful as to say 'why don't they simply take over' (but don't forget Lady Twilight has her own criminal empire).

1 hour ago, Tech said:

European Enemies... yikes! Of all the errors in that book (which is most of the book), my favorite error is: 4d6 Energy Blast, +1 Stun Multiplier.

There are some good ideas in European Enemies if you enjoy wading through junk to get them.

Mammoth: A great "serious" comedy character. I always pictured him with a trunk. Note, the character as originally presented is a more serious junior grade mastermind but considering the book's reputation...

Napoleon of Crime: Honestly, a character based on the mentally ill stereotype of the guy who thinks he is Napoleon? Make him a mentality, then make his secret ID a split personality which is a detective investigating his crimes? Inspector Clusole anyone? (And his long-suffering boss which in a few films he accidentally turned him to madness and crime.)

Sir Gavane(sp!): Man, what a complicated power, increased abilities depending on the sun's position, or lack of it. At noon, he is a brick, by sunrise/sunset, he is a dodging machine and 'speedster'.

Valid: Ok, it is an interesting thing, a mutant who thinks or styles himself after vampires. But why name himself after another nation heroic legendary hero? Oh, yes, Dracula... (By the way, Dracula is in the public domain now. If the Monster of Frankenstein public domain also...)

Eclipse/"Eurotrash": Great team of grey characters. I especially love Nether (my old gm like the group a lot). The only problem I see is Godfather, but if he is redesigned more in the style of GeoGeo than Marlon Brando...

15 hours ago, tiger said:

I'm always open to suggestions/requests as well. Not saying all will be done but never hurts to have ideas.

I would love to see Eclipse updated, with the stereotype slapped out of Godfather if possible. Or at least, make him more GioGio than Marlon Brando. (Not in the "I have a Stand" way, but "I have a dream" way. A nobler, less drug selling European mafia.)

Feel free to do your own take on the group. Enigma should still be mysterious, with the GM section only giving multiple choices on exactly what he is (Nether's familiar? Mystical vagabond? An alien from another dimension shadowing the team in order to get a handle on humanity?)

Mammoth can be used in a them "masterminds" issue of Forgotten Enemies. But can you think of any others which were published and fell to the wayside?

The Crimson Claw? Well, he is a plotter from another dimension. He is more of an emissary for more nasty things man was never meant to see, but that doesn't mean he can't have his own plans.

The Thugmaster? He never got an official writeup. So...

Cyrotron, from The Conquers Of All? The group itself is a rather loose collection of villains who do their own thing at times. But he is there leader.

Madam Syn (Sin?)? Icestar's greatest for, and girlfriend. She never gotten a writeup.

The Duchess? Member of VIPER's Council of Thirty. A mover and shaker of the org, along with her business end of things.

I believe there are rights issues with some of those characters. Pretty sure Crimson Claw and the Corruptors of All are owned by their creators, so can't be used by others. That might even include Madam Syn, since Icestar is also creator-owned.

Questionable whether the Duchess counts as a "forgotten" villain. Granted she has no 6E write-up, but she's fully detailed in the 5E VIPER: Coils Of The Serpent, and is canon for the current official CU.

Mammoth? Probably okay rights-wise, although personally I find him ridiculous and have no desire to see him again, but tastes differ. (No need to repeat your argument in his favor. I read it, I just don't agree.) ;)

An updated, more consistent Eclipse from European Enemies could drop at least some male members and become a more "feminine" feminist group. Gremlin from Classic Enemies would probably fit well with them.

1 hour ago, tiger said:

Yes, there are some I can use some I'm not aloud. Still suggestions are welcome, just not all will come to pass 😀

I'm not expecting Tiger to use my every suggestion. Heck, I'm just happy he used ANY of them.

Forgotten Mastermind special might not be doable. How's about VIPER Dragon Branch special? Power Crusher, Black Mamba, Cathedral, um...um...can't think up a forth, but heck, most Enemies from the books worked for VIPER one time or another.

The Psi-Kin, since the only connection is family (there a family of quintuplets with psychic powers), could be written up as a bunch of solo villains who just happen to know each other.

10 hours ago, Lord Liaden said:

I do feel that 5E VIPER went a little overboard emphasizing the spectrum of agents, and downplaying VIPER's staff supervillains. I for one would welcome a revival of some of the villains from 4E VIPER. VIPER-Force 1 might be a good place to start.

Loved VIPER-Force 1, used them a ton!

12 hours ago, Lord Liaden said:

I do feel that 5E VIPER went a little overboard emphasizing the spectrum of agents, and downplaying VIPER's staff supervillains. I for one would welcome a revival of some of the villains from 4E VIPER. VIPER-Force 1 might be a good place to start.

VF1 became...um...let me check my copy of VIPER 5th Ed...

VMS- Alpha, lead by VIPER-X (Armstrong). The only other named member is ex-member Krait (now a member of CoIL's Oborous).

Only VIPER-X and Krait are mentioned in each other's bios (VIPER-X in Viper: Coils of the Serpent, Krait in Champions Villian Volume 1: Masterminds, and also the adventure Sharper Than A Serpent's Tooth). What were the members in VIPER 4th Ed?

VIPER 4E included several supervillain teams working for VIPER, including a team led by Kevin Armstrong (the 5E VIPER-X) which was designated, "VIPER Force-2." However, VIPER Force-1 was considered the most powerful of the organization's teams. Led by Chasm, a veteran gadgeteer and nuclear-powered-armor wearer, its members included: Blackflame, who gained magical fire powers from a botched cult ritual; Mirror Man, a humanoid living hologram with photon-based abilities; Rampage, a very strong and tough brick who can drain Strength from his opponents by touch; Shift, a versatile and deadly teleporter; and Stealth, who gained a powerful pair of wings after a mutagenic accident.

2 minutes ago, Lord Liaden said:

VIPER 4E included several supervillain teams working for VIPER, including a team led by Kevin Armstrong (the 5E VIPER-X) which was designated, "VIPER Force-2." However, VIPER Force-1 was considered the most powerful of the organization's teams. Led by Chasm, a veteran gadgeteer and nuclear-powered-armor wearer, its members included: Blackflame, who gained magical fire powers from a botched cult ritual; Mirror Man, a humanoid living hologram with photon-based abilities; Rampage, a very strong and tough brick who can drain Strength from his opponents by touch; Shift, a versatile and deadly teleporter; and Stealth, who gained a powerful pair of wings after a mutagenic accident.

Thank you Lord Liaden. Your search fu is strong.