While sheltering in place....

Cancer

7 minutes ago, Scott Ruggels said:

Ender 3 pro as well. I found this Profile prints really good mi miniatures, but the print times are around 10-11 hours though for a 28mm mini:

Well, at that slow of a speed and that high of a resolution, I can understand why. I didn't look at the whole video, but just based on the layer height he is using, I can tell he doesn't fully understand the engineering of how 3D printers work. But brute forcing an extreme layer height and slow speed should pretty much work for anyone. I prefer a more "engineered" approach which means understanding a bit more about how stepper motors work and how slicers work. For example, in PrusaSlicer, I can go in and set variable layer heights for the mini and control the level of the detail based specifically on what layer it is, which means increases in speed where it isn't needed. Also, and this is a huge point, one person's profile isn't going to work for everyone if you aren't setting the machine's settings outside the profile. You have to find out what temp is best for your filament, what the PID adjustments are for your environmental factors for heat, what the drivers are capable of handling detail wise, and how that translates to the axis mechanics-z rod being a big one for controlling those layers. If you don't do any of those things, a slicer profile is likely to not improve anything other than the brute forced elements like extremely small layer heights and slow speeds.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We've been gaming remotely largely using Discord.  Puts demands on your set-up if what you're playing uses a tactical map and figures, though.  We had originally intended to try Skype, but that simply refused to find one of the group, for no reason we could figure out (others could find him but the host couldn't).

1 hour ago, Cancer said:

We've been gaming remotely largely using Discord.  Puts demands on your set-up if what you're playing uses a tactical map and figures, though.  We had originally intended to try Skype, but that simply refused to find one of the group, for no reason we could figure out (others could find him but the host couldn't).

My emphasis

He was using invisibility. Obviously. ;) 

Our Saturday Deadlands game uses Discord for the voice chat, and Roll20 for the gaming table. Roll20 handles the cards, chips, tokens, and dice.

I had participated in a different game (East Texas University, also Savage Worlds-related) with a different group last year, and we would also use Discord and Roll20. 

The Astral Virtual Tabletop is a newcomer to the VTT business, and I don't know if it will survive, but it has some appealing features -- but they're clearly aiming for the D&D players who can;t afford Fantasy Grounds. So I don't know whether to invite anyone to play on it or not, and I wonder about their survival prospects.