Power Levels: The Best Movie Batman To Take Down Joker

Steve

• 1 year later...
13 minutes ago, Pattern Ghost said:

Trick question. All the movie Batmen are too stupid to take down the Joker.

For a smart Caped Crusader you have to go to Fox’s Batman: TAS.  The best of the the cartoon Batmen.  Followed by either the WB’s continuation or for nostalgia go to the Filmation version from the late ‘60’s that had the voices of Adam West & Burt Ward.

Yes I’m a geek, we’ve discussed this before.

17 minutes ago, Tjack said:

For a smart Caped Crusader you have to go to Fox’s Batman: TAS.  The best of the the cartoon Batmen.  Followed by either the WB’s continuation or for nostalgia go to the Filmation version from the late ‘60’s that had the voices of Adam West & Burt Ward.

Yes I’m a geek, we’ve discussed this before.

Was that the one where he was voiced by Hoss Delgato from Billy and Mandy?  All that show ever did was make me really miss Hoss Delgato from Billy and Mandy.....

1 hour ago, Duke Bushido said:

Was that the one where he was voiced by Hoss Delgato from Billy and Mandy?  All that show ever did was make me really miss Hoss Delgato from Billy and Mandy.....

No, the B:TAS version was voiced by Kevin Conroy, who I always thought did a phenomenal job as both Bats and Bruce. 
  You can check out the scene from Mask of the Phantasam where Bruce is at his parents graves regretting his vow to avenge because he has fallen in love.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Well, The Joker is supposed to have some substantial fighting skills.  In his first appearance he went hand-to-hand with Batman and managed to push him off a bridge into a river.  As Batman swam up onto shore he remarked that he finally met someone who could give him a good fight.  His appearances in the Diniverse Animated Series have always culminated in some really good fight scenes, especially when he breaks out the razor-edged Joker cards that he throws like shurikens.  

Now I'm not doubting your fighting skills, but I am saying it would take a trained and experienced fighter to take on The Joker hand-to-hand--especially since I doubt he would fight at all fairly.

Yeah there's nothing about Joker's personality, background, or skills that make him remotely capable in a fight, its just one of those "because otherwise Batman would wad him up into a ball and throw him in the dumpster" things.  Like how fat, out of shape Doc Ock can take a full on punch from Spider-man and keep going instead of dribbling teeth as he slumped to the ground.

The Joker is one of those guys too crazy to stay down.  See the movie Raging Bull, “You never got me down Ray—You never got me down!”  He doesn’t seem to feel his own pain (or anybody else’s) and just keeps going no matter what kind of damage he takes.  Most people when they have a broken bone are done with the fight. The Joker seems to soak up a broken nose along with cracked ribs every fight.

1 hour ago, Christopher R Taylor said:

Yeah there's nothing about Joker's personality, background, or skills that make him remotely capable in a fight, its just one of those "because otherwise Batman would wad him up into a ball and throw him in the dumpster" things.  Like how fat, out of shape Doc Ock can take a full on punch from Spider-man and keep going instead of dribbling teeth as he slumped to the ground.

Never worked with the Mentally Challanged? I’ve worked in Residential and in Workshop settings. 

15 minutes ago, Christopher R Taylor said:

Big time martial artists are they?  Lots of combat training?

18 minutes ago, Ninja-Bear said:

Never worked with the Mentally Challanged? I’ve worked in Residential and in Workshop settings. 

I used to work as an EMT and there’s truth to the trope about the mentally challenged being hella strong.  Maybe it’s just that they push themselves further than the rest of us do.  But it is real and they will bust you up if you’re not really careful.

4 hours ago, Christopher R Taylor said:

It would not surprise me to learn that The Joker has trained himself in a number of fighting techniques, because of how experienced Batman is as a fighter.  Of course, he's nowhere in Batman's league as a fighter, so he makes up for it by cheating.

spacer.png

"CHEATING?!  It's 'changing the conditions of the test!'  Aren't you a Star Trek fan, Batsy?"

Generally, people who have underestimated The Joker have come to regret it--especially after the poison works its way through their body and the smile starts to spread across their face.