death tribble

Wild Wild West (TV Series)

Robert Conrad was into Martial Arts and liked trying to out macho the stuntmen. He was probably kind of a pain in the a$$ on set but it did make for great fight sequences. (for TV and the era)

He actually busted himself up pretty good doing a chandelier swing from a second floor that was supposed to drop him on a tabletop. His feet slipped from the cowboy boots and he crashed thru the table. He insisted on them using the take. A little crazy but cool.

Robert Conrad was into Martial Arts and liked trying to out macho the stuntmen. He was probably kind of a pain in the a$$ on set but it did make for great fight sequences. (for TV and the era)

He actually busted himself up pretty good doing a chandelier swing from a second floor that was supposed to drop him on a tabletop. His feet slipped from the cowboy boots and he crashed thru the table. He insisted on them using the take. A little crazy but cool.

When the Smith/Kline movie came out, an interview with a stunt coordinator for the show had the fact they blew up Conrad at one point. 

CES

Grew up watching Wild Wild West. And other shows like The Invaders, The Fugitive, The Saint, Man fron Uncle and so on. There were a lot of great series in the spy or scifi action arena too.

Though Wild Wild West does occupy unique niche.

Same here.  I was 8 when WWW went off the air.  I think it was syndicated, as I seem to recall watching reruns after school when I was a bit older.  Then again, that was a long time ago, I don't remember.  I loved it like crazy.  Land of the Giants was another one I liked a lot, as well as Man from UNCLE, Mission: Impossible, and a short-lived high-tech spy show called Search, but WWW was the coolest of all.  I didn't know it was on Netflix.  I'm almost afraid to watch it again...but I'm going to.

Also, I know that Ross Martin missed a few episodes to film The Great Race (I should post that in the Lesser-Known Movie Recommendation thread, it's a lot of fun).

Same here.  I was 8 when WWW went off the air.  I think it was syndicated, as I seem to recall watching reruns after school when I was a bit older.  Then again, that was a long time ago, I don't remember.  I loved it like crazy.  Land of the Giants was another one I liked a lot, as well as Man from UNCLE, Mission: Impossible, and a short-lived high-tech spy show called Search, but WWW was the coolest of all.  I didn't know it was on Netflix.  I'm almost afraid to watch it again...but I'm going to.

Also, I know that Ross Martin missed a few episodes to film The Great Race (I should post that in the Lesser-Known Movie Recommendation thread, it's a lot of fun).

Land of the Giants!  I had forgotten that one.  And that brings back to mind UFO.

But WWW is on Netflix?  I didn't know.  Time to relive a bit of childhood :thumbup: