Villain Minifigs

Tech

I reckon converting a Necron into Mechanon would end up looking best. Those are fairly large minis, and have sufficient bulk to them. Change the chest plate into something smooth and rework the head would do it. The undergun blades would do just peachy to make his horns. 

I used to buy Marvel and DC Heroclixs and slowly separate the big base from the figure with an exacto knife.  Than I was going to super glue the figure onto a smaller base or a quarter, but never got around to it.  If you use this method then try freezing the miniature before you cut into it, this makes it easier to cut through the glue that holds it to the bigger base that it is originally attached to.

25 minutes ago, Cassandra said:

I have the Champions Heroes and Villains Minutes they produced in the 1980s.  Most of the villains were in the first two Enemies books.  The Heroes were from the "Guardians" playtest group.

Dang!  I wish I had those.  Those would be fun to paint and use in a game.

The Heroes include Dove (A winged hero), Titan (Powered Armor), Marksman, Crusader, Flare, Starlet, Mind Maid, Champion, Ice Star, and a couple of do it yourself heroes among others.  I always used them as Lady Victory and the Star Spangled Hero, who supersoldiers mentioned first in PRIMUS.

It was actually a picture of a beat up and bleeding Marksman that got me into Champions as a kid.  This was an advertisement way back in the 80's for Champions.  When I first saw Marksman in this picture I thought he was a Brick, but I later found out that he was more of a weapon's expert.  I thought he was a Brick because he looked pretty buffed.  Lol.

• 1 month later...

I used to buy Marvel and DC Heroclixs and slowly separate the big base from the figure with an exacto knife.  Than I was going to super glue the figure onto a smaller base or a quarter, but never got around to it.  If you use this method then try freezing the miniature before you cut into it, this makes it easier to cut through the glue that holds it to the bigger base that it is originally attached to.

I've done and still do this.  Works great.  I got a huge collection off ebay and got a cheap wood carving knife set from Michael's.  They work well for prying the figure off the base. 

I didn't know about the freezing trick.  I'll give that a go.

Dr. Doom works well for Dr. Destroyer and Ultron or Brainiac works well for Mechanon.  You can find some places on the web which sell Hero Clix single defined figures for under $10 depending on how much of a demand there is for them.

Those were the Grenadier sets.

We still use these.  I got two of the good guys sets back in the day, just after they first came out.  We painted most of them as our then-PCs.  After six or seven moves, including to Germany and back, many of them are broken now, but we're still using those that are in one piece.