Best Soundtrack for your FH sessions?

TheTemplar

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Re: Best Soundtrack for your FH sessions?

TkdGuy!

I finally listened to sound samples of your suggestions. Piffaro and Alla Francesca are just what I was looking for, and now I have them. Thank you again.

I found 2 more CDs that have good fantasy music.

Mannheim Steamroller, Fresh Aire Christmas 1988. There are a few Fresh Aire Christmas CDs, but the 1988 version has many tracks done in medieval style. Some tracks have a modern sound, but I still think the CD is good.

Mannheim Steamroller, Renaissance Holiday. For some reason, I couldn't find this listed under the artist name when I went to buy it. It was under Chip Davis and the London Symphony, but I found it by the title.

(How many times do I need to give reputation before I can give it to you again?)

Cheers!

Another thread I'd've liked to have noticed earlier. :rolleyes:

Anyway:

Unearthed, by E.S. Posthumus. Excellent RPG music for nearly any genre. I've never seen it in stores, but you can find it here, along with some MP3s from the album. One note: the remix of the track "Tikal" does NOT do the original justice, which can be heard as the background music for the trailer of the remake of "The Time Machine".

One a related note, "The Time Machine" score, by Klaus Badelt is very good.

John T

Jeeze...doesn't anyone here play Manly Fantasy? I mean, where's the Man O' War? Where's Blind Guardian's, "Nightfall in Middle Earth"? Where's the Cradle of Filth?

Bunch o' pansy dandelion-eating elf-lovers... :rolleyes:

What? :D

In general, any kind of Baroque music is good for dark age fantasy / early medieval. Classical is good for high medieval and later.

I've found it quite difficult to find historical music - mainly because thy had no method of writing it in the middle ages and earlier. It was learned by rote.

Other than that, soundtracks are good for me - of various fantasy movies. John Williams, Danny Elfeman, Basil Poledouris etc..

• 1 month later...

Heroes!

I found another good CD.

The Queen's Good Night by Nishiyama Marie and Raphael Bonvita. It's harp and lute only, and all the tracks are from the renaissance, 16th and 17th century. It's all gentle music, so you can use it only in certain situations.

Does anyone know any other good medieval harp CDs?

Cheers!

There's a really good track on "Wagner's Rinse Cycle" album where they turn the Customs And Quarantine Act of Australia, 1972 into a Gregorian Chant. And it actually sounds like one - if you listen carefully, and start to make out the words, then you realise :)

Guest The Comet

How about Wagner? "Ride of the Valkyries" Perfect for an aerial assault by dragon riders! Or Helicopters of course! (LOL).

Prokpfiev. "The Montagues and the Capulets."

Orff. "Carmina Burana : Opening Chorus"

Mussorgsky. "Gopak" "St Johns' night on the bare mountain"

Mendelssohn. "Hebrides (Fingals' Cave)

To name a few. Maybe some have already been mentioned. If so, it won't hurt to give them another plug!

I grabbed a 4 cd version of the FF VIII soundtrack and was hooked. I love crpg soundtracks. i 've been desiring the Crono and the Xenosaga soundtracks but have been unable to get past the 40$ I need to purchase them...

oh, Valkyrie Profile is another one I want...

I grabbed a 4 cd version of the FF VIII soundtrack and was hooked. I love crpg soundtracks. i 've been desiring the Crono and the Xenosaga soundtracks but have been unable to get past the 40$ I need to purchase them...

oh, Valkyrie Profile is another one I want...

Send me a Link of where to find said CDs?

PLEASE

QM