The January 2022 Impromptu Superdraft!

Pariah

Holy lack of prior notice! It's the January 2022 Impromptu Superdraft!

What: This is a supers draft. You'll be making one selection each weekday, starting today and running until Wednesday, January 19th. All selections are exclusive. 

Who: All the usual rules about different versions of the same character apply. In short, different characters with the same name are fine; different versions of the same character are out. (For example, if Ant-Man Hank Pym is drafted, you could still draft Ant-Man Scott Lang, but not Yellowjacket Hank Pym.)

When: You will make a pick each weekday, starting today, at noon Eastern Standard Time. No, I don't know what time that is where you live. Google probably does. We will not draft on Saturdays or Sundays. You are encouraged to use these days to make up lost picks, write fiction, or otherwise entertain the rest of us.

How: Each day you will make a selection (usually a character) to fit a certain archetype or role. Everyone will select the same type each day...but you won't know what that type is until a couple of hours before it's time to make the pick. The description of who or what you're choosing each day will be revealed no later than 10:00 a.m. Eastern Standard Time on the day in question. Picks that do not fit the daily theme will be disqualified. I will act as final arbiter of whether or not a pick fits the daily theme, but I am open to reasonable persuasion.

Why: Why not?

I think that pretty well covers it. If you have questions along the way, feel free to ask. In keeping with long established tradition, your first pick (i.e., today's pick) is the location for your story. The theme for tomorrow's pick will be revealed tomorrow morning.

Enjoy, everyone!

8 hours ago, Pariah said:

I think that pretty well covers it. If you have questions along the way, feel free to ask. In keeping with long established tradition, your first pick (i.e., today's pick) is the location for your story. The theme for tomorrow's pick will be revealed tomorrow morning.

It's buried a little, I didn't see it until other people started posting locations.

4 minutes ago, death tribble said:

Where exactly did Pariah say the location is first pick ?

Here:

8 hours ago, Pariah said:

Holy lack of prior notice! It's the January 2022 Impromptu Superdraft!

<snip>

Enjoy, everyone!

New York of the 1930’s.  
  A bustling metropolis built from steel and shadows, of equal parts dreams and horrors. Mysteries of Science and Magic lay waiting for the boldest of discoverers to reveal.  The home of both the greatest of heroes and vilest of villains.   This place of wonders will be the chessboard and battlefield for the destiny of the world.

(I don’t have the skills to pull pictures from the ‘net to put here, so I do it another way.)

21 minutes ago, csyphrett said:

CES

Don’t laugh too hard, it’s the location of The Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, ancient Native American Magic’s and The Hellmouth.    It was one of my possible choices.

4 hours ago, Tjack said:

New York of the 1930’s.  
  A bustling metropolis built from steel and shadows, of equal parts dreams and horrors. Mysteries of Science and Magic lay waiting for the boldest of discoverers to reveal.  The home of both the greatest of heroes and vilest of villains.   This place of wonders will be the chessboard and battlefield for the destiny of the world.

(I don’t have the skills to pull pictures from the ‘net to put here, so I do it another way.)

Don’t laugh too hard, it’s the location of The Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, ancient Native American Magic’s and The Hellmouth.    It was one of my possible choices.

It was also the setting for Howard the Duck movie from the 1980s.  :)

All right, we're off to a good start. The time has come to reveal what today's pick will be:

Thursday, January 6th: The Leader

You'll draft a total of six heroes by the time this thing is done. Today you will select their leader. 

The second round of picks goes live at noon EST, about three and a half hours from now.