The January 2022 Impromptu Superdraft!

Pariah

45 minutes ago, Bazza said:

You are still to early unless I’m reading noon different to you all. 

Your location of “Earth” is not exactly helpful in this situation.  What part of the Earth do you live on?.....and Gods help me if you say “The outside” or some such then I’m gonna get a rolled up newspaper and a squirt gun and we’re gonna have it out.  🥷

2 hours ago, Hermit said:

Ah, is this pick heroic, villain, or wide open as long as it fits Not of This Earth?

I didn't really specify, did i? Do with it what you will. To misquote Ash, "Good guy, bad guy, he's the guy with the phaser."

Mine’s pretty solidly in the good guy camp.  
  BTW, for the story in my head this is just before Action Comics #1 so there’s no costume yet.   Clark has just come to New York to interview for a reporters job at the Times.  There isn’t one open right now, but he gets a recommendation to see Perry White at the Daily Planet.

He also looks like the early Fleischer cartoon version

4 hours ago, Pariah said:

I didn't really specify, did i? Do with it what you will. To misquote Ash, "Good guy, bad guy, he's the guy with the phaser."

Oh very well... if anything there are TOO many good choices.... but I think I'll go with something a bit more unpredictable....

NOT OF THIS EARTH PICK: The Wild Card Virus!

Well, we've made it to the end of the week. Today, you will be choosing not a person nor a place, but a thing:

Friday, January 14th: The MacGuffin

What's a MacGuffin? To quote TV Tropes:

"MacGuffin" (a.k.a. McGuffin or maguffin) is a term for an object or element in a story that drives the plot, but serves no further purpose. It won't pop up again later, it won't explain the ending, and it won't do anything except possibly distract you while you try to figure out its significance. It usually takes the form of a mysterious artifact, package, or weapon that everyone in the story is chasing, though in some cases it won't even be shown.

The Maltese Falcon from the movie of the same name is a famous example.

Enjoy!

According to legend the Spear of Destiny was the weapon used by the Centurion Casca Longinus to end the suffering of the man called Christ as he hung on the cross. Pursued down thru the ages it has always been associated with shadowy groups who hoped to harness its power for their own ends. Now it is believed to be coming to New York as part of a shipment of ancient relics from the estate of a collector of strange antiques and curiosities. 
   Who knows what forces can be released from this object by someone unscrupulous enough to use it?

SPEAR OF DESTINY   (RELIGIOUS FOLKLORE)