The January 2022 Impromptu Superdraft!

Pariah

Good morning, Herophiles! Today's pick will be...

Wednesday, January 12th: The Big Bad

Today you choose your main villain. This is the entity The Dragon reports to, the primary antagonist the heroes are fighting against.

Have fun! 

(I'll try to get updates posted today as well )

Whether hiding behind his many aliases such as Hanoi Xan and Ra’s al Guhl or as himself, the insidious and inscrutable Dr. Fu Manchu’s intrigues wrap themselves around the world like the coils of some great python, ready to choke the life out of any who oppose him.

His will and word enforced by his loyal and deadly Dacoits, this immortal master of evil’s Elixir of Life has kept the ravages of time at bay giving the “good Doctor” the opportunity to become a genius in the fields of science and mysticism. 
   What plans he has in store now must be uncovered and stopped by the alliance of heroes who are currently forming against him.

Dr. Fu Manchu     (Literature)  

Our Big Bad is more real.  He needs goons because his personal destructive power is laughable.  But his influence ...

We draft Mr. Bartholomew, chairman of Energy Corporation and member of the Executive Committee (of corporate masters), from the 1975 film Rollerball.  In that film he was played by John Housman.

1 hour ago, death tribble said:

Dr Fu Manchu has irritated the one and only

Ra's Al Ghul

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ra's_al_Ghul

And he is obsessed with Batman so.....

“Sorry ‘bout that Chief.”  The research I read had a list of characters that were influenced by FM and I was amused by the idea that they were all aliases of the Original Dr. Evil.

4 hours ago, Pariah said:

Wow, that's a proper set of villains right there's well done!

Announcing the pick for Thursday, January 13th: Not Of This Earth

You've got about five hours to ruminate on this one. Enjoy!

Ah, is this pick heroic, villain, or wide open as long as it fits Not of This Earth?

What else is there to say....In this corner...In the red trunks....From the planet Krypton by way of Kansas...Standing in at six foot four inches and weighing in at 220 pounds...Here he is...The Man of Steel...The Man of Tomorrow....Fighting for Truth, Justice and the American way....

SUPERMAN/CLARK KENT    (EVERYTHING & EVERYWHERE)

Thanks to Hermit for playing the game like a gentleman and a scholar.

They come together in the source material, so I'm drafting a trio of similar, definitely non-terrestrial in every sense, "women" as part of my hero team.

We draft, from Madeleine L'Engle's original young adult novel, A Wrinkle In Time, Mrs Whatsit, Mrs Who, and Mrs Which.

Bazza, as I entered the above it was 0909 Pacific Standard time, which 1209 Eastern Standard.