could kitty pride beat superman?

bloomann

I've been thinking of what would happen in an xmen vs JLA showdown...

my idea is that the two teams are teleported to a mountainous area, with a plush valley seperating them. The JLA line up is classic:

Superman

Batman

Wonderwoman

Greenlantern

the Flash

Aquaman

Martian Manhunter

on the xmen's side we have

Cyclops

Marvel Girl

Colossus

Wolverine

Nightcrawler

Storm

and for good measure...

Havoc

Poloris

Emma frost

Rogue

Gambit

Quicksilver

Charles Xavier

and Shadow Cat

the xmen have more people on their team to equal out the horrible point per character scale. The game : The Xmen must kill Superman, and the JLA must kill Wolverine, otherwise their own worlds will be destroyed...both teams have just two hours to "seek and destroy"

Now I was thinking of the insuing battle, and of course the JLA would probably trash the xmen pretty badly, but the xmen have three powerful telepaths, while the JLA has the Martain Manhunter, and possibly aquaman (at least for defense) After emma frost turns wonder woman against superman, whose been fighting (trashing) Colossus and Wolvie, even though Wolverine has hit him from behind and Supes is bleeding badly, Colossus gets knocked into orbit, Supes is frying the flesh off of Wolverine, Wonderwoman smashes into Supes, big fight, Wolvie near death gets bamfed out of there by Nightcrawler...

Supes who doesn't want to really hurt wonderwoman is fighting defensivly, but time is almost up, so he decides to pummel wonder woman, (oh yeah at the same time Batman has dispatched of : Cyclops, Gambit, Poloris, Havoc, and now he is advancing on Xavier, whom he suspects was the one who fried Martian Manhunter's brain early in the game, he has a bategoshield that he hastily developed and he is moving swiftly to the man in wheelchair, Xavier seeing bats appoach and realising that the xmen are practically beaten calls to shadowcat giving her orders to a desperate plan, just before bats is on him, (he still had to get through Jean Grey who was protecting Xavier) Charles unleashes a whopping mind blast towards Superman, who was concentrating on finding wolvie with his hearing and vision, he staggers, but the son of krypton is still not defeated...

Shadow Cat "runs" along the air towards him, she hesitaites, sees xavier go down, then plunges her own body into Superman's, then she becomes solid...

When I read the title to the post, I thought that you meant a straight up fight. I was thinking that that would be a draw, but then I thought that Supes would drop an entire mountain on Shadowcat, and while that wouldn't kill her, it would make her have to flee to the surface since she can't breathe while she's phased.

In the scenario you devised, I could see Supes being killed, as long as Shadowcat damaged the major organs enough. That would depend on where in Supes she materialized. In the chest and brain, Supes would probably be dead. Anywhere else, Supes constitution would probably allow him to survive.

Well, what would really happen in a comic is that all the telepaths quickly figure out what's going on, and the two teams work together to beat Thanos/whoever's behind it.

Barring that, one of two things happens. Either Xavier and Co manage to flatten the JLA mentally (think Xavier could beat out GL for control of the ring? Ewww...), or Supes and Co walk over the Xmen. I mean, c'mon, it's not like Spider-Man is there to help or anything! :D

Kitty Pryde's primary super power is the righteously indignant guilt trip. She guilted the beyonder into calling off Secret Wars 2 and, effectively, committing suicide (well, he became a dimension unto himself, really).

I have no doubt she would tell superman that if he didn't sacrifice himself an entire plane of existance and every living being in it would perish - and we all know supes would make the sacrifice. As for wolverine - he'd do the same thing, probably because Kitty gave him a piece of her mind as well.

Kitty Pryde is scary. Nuff said.

Re: could kitty pride beat superman?

I believe Shadowcat, under the circumstances laid out here, could kill Superman. Howver, my scenario would differ from yours in the following way;

...but the son of krypton is still not defeated...

Shadow Cat "runs" along the air towards him, she hesitaites, sees xavier go down, then...

Kitty grabs the biggest piece of building debris she can find/lift, phases it and thrusts it into Superman's head and chest and releases. The DCU mourns the loss of their greatest hero.

Batman used the base teleporter to 'port behind Professor X

with his specialy lined cowl to protect him vs a mental barage

Cease combat and sacrifce yourself Wolverine or the Good Proffessor dies!

held action :cover roll :Batarang to the professors throat.

it never would have gotten past the first round threat assessment by the Bat

Originally posted by Patriot

The unearned rep disadvantage works wonders here for the Bat!

Too bad for the JLA that Wolverine deserves his reputation. I don't think Wolvie would just roll over and die to save Professor X.

Of course - we know this wouldn't go down this way because neither team would pursue it this way. Both teams would look for another option - and then Lex Luthor and Doctor Doom would be forced to collaborate to fix it.

Originally posted by bloomann

I've been thinking of what would happen in an xmen vs JLA showdown...

my idea is that the two teams are teleported to a mountainous area, with a plush valley seperating them. The JLA line up is classic:

Superman

Batman

Wonderwoman

Greenlantern

the Flash

Aquaman

Martian Manhunter

on the xmen's side we have

Cyclops

Marvel Girl

Colossus

Wolverine

Nightcrawler

Storm

and for good measure...

Havoc

Poloris

Emma frost

Rogue

Gambit

Quicksilver

Charles Xavier

and Shadow Cat

the xmen have more people on their team to equal out the horrible point per character scale. The game : The Xmen must kill Superman, and the JLA must kill Wolverine, otherwise their own worlds will be destroyed...both teams have just two hours to "seek and destroy"

Now I was thinking of the insuing battle, and of course the JLA would probably trash the xmen pretty badly, but the xmen have three powerful telepaths, while the JLA has the Martain Manhunter, and possibly aquaman (at least for defense) After emma frost turns wonder woman against superman, whose been fighting (trashing) Colossus and Wolvie, even though Wolverine has hit him from behind and Supes is bleeding badly, Colossus gets knocked into orbit, Supes is frying the flesh off of Wolverine, Wonderwoman smashes into Supes, big fight, Wolvie near death gets bamfed out of there by Nightcrawler...

Supes who doesn't want to really hurt wonderwoman is fighting defensivly, but time is almost up, so he decides to pummel wonder woman, (oh yeah at the same time Batman has dispatched of : Cyclops, Gambit, Poloris, Havoc, and now he is advancing on Xavier, whom he suspects was the one who fried Martian Manhunter's brain early in the game, he has a bategoshield that he hastily developed and he is moving swiftly to the man in wheelchair, Xavier seeing bats appoach and realising that the xmen are practically beaten calls to shadowcat giving her orders to a desperate plan, just before bats is on him, (he still had to get through Jean Grey who was protecting Xavier) Charles unleashes a whopping mind blast towards Superman, who was concentrating on finding wolvie with his hearing and vision, he staggers, but the son of krypton is still not defeated...

Shadow Cat "runs" along the air towards him, she hesitaites, sees xavier go down, then plunges her own body into Superman's, then she becomes solid...

Bats taking out Cyke, Gambit, Polaris, & Havoc? I would have to disagree with that. I could see him taking out 2 ( if the situation was right), but in an outdoor and open setting (which is what this sounds like if I'm reading it right), Cyke's wide area blast would keep Bats from being able to do much against him...for awhile at least. Havoc and Polaris could also give Bats major trouble. Does Bats have any metal items in his belt? Not anymore. And then there is Nightcrawler. He diffently is quicker and faster than Bats. All he has to do is grab him one time (hand or tail) and bamf, bamf, bamf, bamf, bamf. I know Bats has an very high stamina, but this attack is draining on Wolvie...surely it would be more effective on Bats who is merely human.

But JLA wins this fight, unless the Xmen's telepath's can very very quickly mind control or drop the JLA

Hmm I think this all comes down too 2 key questions firstly just how powerful a telepath is the Martian man hunter is he really a match for three world class telepaths. Second question who can kill superman probably only kitty with that rock trick.

My strategy for the x team to win this goes something like this batman wolverine the two people with a chance of actually hurting wolverine are superman himself and maybe green lantern (decapitation using his ring powers of course GL might have problems if he’s the one that cant effect yellow with wolverines costume).

Superman’s heat vision will certainly be able to completely vaporize wolverine thus negating his healing factor, if he had too. (Well Hyperion who is basically a superman clone managed it in the current issue of exiles).

So wolverine night crawler and gambit against the bat they should be on a relatively equal footing and should keep him occupied long enough for the kill strike on big red. Aqua man is easy. Whilst he’s tough most of his powers come from his oceanic abilities and having a big metal hook for a hand makes him an easy mark for Polaris and a quick finishing move from storm mean while the energy projectors pin down green lantern forcing him to concentrate on defensive fields instead of offense. Storm after frying the king of Atlantis distracts wonder woman

Quicksilver is no real match for the flash but he just has to keep him occupied long enough for the kill team to get superman.

The telepaths concentrate on the Martian man hunter hopefully with enough power left over to distract superman with psionic visions whilst the kill team composed of kitty collosus and rogue go get him. rogue grabs him i'm not sure if she could drop him with her draining power but it might soften him up. then she and collossus lure him into a melee rouge being a invulnerable flyer keeps him from flying hoepfllyt having aquired soem super speed to prevent him just flying off collossu sand her keep him distracted with blows till kitty could deliver the kill strike.

Of course this fight would be much quicker if you had either the Scarlet Witch or illyana Rasputin on the team as superman has no defense against magic.

Originally posted by bloomann

... then Superman vibrates himself out of phase. Ops! Sorry! That was pre-Crisis Supes. :)

Anyway, I don't think Kitty could even get close to Superman, much less hitting him. Her "flight" speed is basically limited to running speed, while Supes... well, you get my point.

As usual, I'm making guesses, just like the bigshot comic writers :) Assuming that the 2 sides get past their psych lims and adhere to the scenario, the JLA wins. Here's why, IMO:

One world-class villain, such as Magneto or Juggernaut, is usually an even match for a group of X-Men.

bloomann's proposed X-Men lineup is roughly twice as strong as that found in a typical story.

The proposed JLA lineup includes several heroes who are certainly on equal footing with Magneto. Green Lantern, Superman, and Martian Manhunter are arguably as powerful than Magneto. The Flash and Wonder Woman are probably a bit less powerful, but combined I'd say the're worth 1 Magneto.

So, it's sort of like a double-strength X team facing off against a JLA group that, by my lowest estimate, is roughly equal to 4 Magnetos. And I didn't even factor in Batman and Aquaman.

Re: Re: could kitty pride beat superman?

Originally posted by Solomon

... then Superman vibrates himself out of phase. Ops! Sorry! That was pre-Crisis Supes. :)

Anyway, I don't think Kitty could even get close to Superman, much less hitting him. Her "flight" speed is basically limited to running speed, while Supes... well, you get my point.

LOL. That's the one that could push Marvel-Earth into the sun .

Re: Re: Re: could kitty pride beat superman?

Originally posted by Law Dog

LOL. That's the one that could push Marvel-Earth into the sun .

That would be fun to see: the Avengers and the X-Men looking at this guy standing on his hands and all the while wondering why it was suddenly getting so unseasonably warm...

Keith "Silver Age" Curtis

Re: Re: Re: Re: could kitty pride beat superman?

Originally posted by keithcurtis

That would be fun to see: the Avengers and the X-Men looking at this guy standing on his hands and all the while wondering why it was suddenly getting so unseasonably warm...

That's OK. Reed Richards would come along and zap him with the Ultimate Nullifier.

Moving the Earth back into place might be a little tricky, though. :)

Alan

Well, if the code against killing is being lifted in order to save the world, is there any reason why Nightcrawler can't take Kitty's place and do this even faster?

*Bamf* Picks up tree branch

*Bamf* Teleports next to Supes, causing tree branch to materialize in Kryptonian skull.

*Bamf* Teleports back to the Blackbird and pours himself a drink, having saved Marvel Earth in less then 2 seconds...

Originally posted by Blue

Anyone else think "Kitty Pryde" sounds like a brand of kitty litter?

Shadowcat? Probably not. But the Vision... now I'd give him a shot.

Originally posted by Bloodstone

Well, if the code against killing is being lifted in order to save the world, is there any reason why Nightcrawler can't take Kitty's place and do this even faster?

*Bamf* Picks up tree branch

*Bamf* Teleports next to Supes, causing tree branch to materialize in Kryptonian skull.

*Bamf* Teleports back to the Blackbird and pours himself a drink, having saved Marvel Earth in less then 2 seconds...

Shadowcat is really your best bet here, Vision can't make other things desolid and Kurt has never teleported an object inside an opponent, however he did bamf someone's finger off in the Age of Apocalypse storyline.

Also Batman's Gotham street cred doesn't mean anything to the X-Men who have never even heard of Gotham...so no bluffing Bats.

Over Power and Find their weakness

Rouge flies in and lays a wet kiss on Sups, he is now stunned and a Normal.

She’s now Super Rouge and begins to kick Wonder Woman’s Butt.

Havoc uses his power to Super Charge Cyclops who then blows away Green Lantern.

Emma Frost, Marvel Girl and Xavier combine to take down the Manhunter, who is the biggest threat power wise.

Storm, Quicksilver and Polaris take out the Flash.

That leaves, Nightcrawler, Colossus, Gambit, Wolverine, and Shadowcat to deal with Batman.

Did I leave anyone out.

Oh

Lockheed the Dragon takes out Aquaman,

A.

Superman's about as powerful as Thor. When Rogue touched Loki she went argh and fell down. I don't know if she'd have any better luck with Superman.

Now, if she kissed Batman, Bob would be her proverbial uncle. She wouldn't gain any powers, but she'd know where Batman keeps his kryptonite. And martianite. And flashinite. and so on.