Winter Holidays 2022!

It's my understanding the Paul McCartney wrote, produced, and performed all parts for this song on his own. That way, every time it was played, he would get 100% of the royalties.

Like the song or not, you have to admire the man's business acumen. And his talent.

46 minutes ago, Pariah said:

It's my understanding the Paul McCartney wrote, produced, and performed all parts for this song on his own. That way, every time it was played, he would get 100% of the royalties.

Like the song or not, you have to admire the man's business acumen. And his talent.

Yeah, everything about that song screams "cash grab" to me. 

USPS update.  <sigh>

Dec 08   
5:50 am
Departed USPS Regional Facility
SAN ANTONIO TX DISTRIBUTION CENTER

Dec 07   
11:54 pm
Arrived at USPS Regional Facility
SAN ANTONIO TX DISTRIBUTION CENTER

Dec 07   
11:29 pm
Departed USPS Regional Facility
SAN ANTONIO TX DISTRIBUTION CENTER ANNEX

Dec 07   
1:20 pm
Arrived at USPS Regional Facility
SAN ANTONIO TX DISTRIBUTION CENTER ANNEX

So...what, get onto the truck, start heading out, head right back...and BACK OF THE LINE, NO CUTTING!!!

<sigh>  It finally reached El Paso at 3 this afternoon;  that's obviously much too late to get up here today.  Had it left the first time?  It might've been close.

With all the extra handling, and travel...makes you wonder just how much money it's costing the USPS to actually get it to me.  It *should* get delivered tomorrow;  all that's left is whether they deliver it to the right address.  (That is an ongoing problem here.)

On 12/7/2022 at 4:13 PM, BoloOfEarth said:

One time I was taking a flight, and when I arrived at the airport to check my bags, I told the guy at the check-in desk, "I'm flying to Denver.  I want this suitcase to go to Boston, this one to go to LA, and that one to go to Dallas."

He said, "I'm sorry, we can't do that."

I replied, "Why not?  That's what happened last time I flew."

Decades ago, I created a one-off magic item based on what was at the time the principal carrier into/out of Austin:  The Staff of Braniff.  Invoke its power and you would go wherever you desired.  Everything you were carrying other than the Staff was, however, teleported to random locations scattered over circular area centered on your arrival point, with circle radius = distance you teleported.