You know what today is ? Fangsgiving !

death tribble

Yes, today the USA celebrates beasts with big teeth as it is Fangsgiving,

So crocodiles, tigers and sharks are the big beneficiaries of this holiday amongst others.

But also the dinosaur carnivores like Allosaurus and Tyrannosaurus Rex

And Sabre toothed tigers. Let us not forget them.

and in the evening celebrate Vampires as they have Fangs.

So for all things with big teeth, celebrate Fangsgiving.

2 hours ago, unclevlad said:

.  Or those wanting to save money on Christmas lights, wrapping, etc.  Last time I went out, those were all on big markdown.

Well of,course they are.

I mean, honestly: they've been in the shelves since August.  Time for then to _go_!  Gotta make room for swimwear coming next week.

You are.  Not for staying at home;  only a masochist bucks those early Black Friday crowds nowadays.  Or those wanting to save money on Christmas lights, wrapping, etc.  Last time I went out, those were all on big markdown.

We stopped buying wrapping paper decades ago. We still have at least a half-dozen rolls. Maybe we'll start on them when we run out of wrapping paper re-used from past years. I figure our stock should last up to my neices' grandchildren.

We have all the lights we need, too. I still put up the string of lights around the door that my parents bought for their fist Christmas, at least 70 years ago. Most of the sockets still work.

Ornaments? HAHAHAHAHA. In addition to glass balls, strings of beads, little plastic musical instruments, and other ornaments that are older than I am, we have Christmas balls I made decades ago with Styrofoam balls covered in colorful fabric or silky thread, ribbon, beads and jewelry findings, and all the ornaments my mother received as presents when she taught preschool. We have enough for at least 3 trees.

We suck as consumers. But tradition? We've got tradition in spades.

Dean Shomshak

You are.  Not for staying at home;  only a masochist bucks those early Black Friday crowds nowadays.  Or those wanting to save money on Christmas lights, wrapping, etc.  Last time I went out, those were all on big markdown.

The last time I tried physical shopping on Black Friday, it took me an hour to leave the parking lot at the mall.  That's an activity best left to people (or tribbles) made of sterner stuff than I.

Didn't try to shop today, but we did need to catch a ferry across the Sound.  Rather than try the Kingston-Edmonds route we drove an extra 20 miles or so and caught the Bainbridge-Seattle boat.  I think we got home half an hour before when the boat we would have been able to get on in Kingston left the dock.

(This has nothing to do with shopping; it has to do with a third of the Washington ferry fleet being out of service.)

5 hours ago, unclevlad said:

But it'd take a week for a tribble to cross the street, so I can't see em trying to traverse the parking lot.

And they can't exactly reach stuff on anything but the lower shelves........

Try crossing the street in London or better yet in Paris around the Arc de Triomphe. Then we'll talk

12 hours ago, Cancer said:

Didn't try to shop today, but we did need to catch a ferry across the Sound.  Rather than try the Kingston-Edmonds route we drove an extra 20 miles or so and caught the Bainbridge-Seattle boat.  I think we got home half an hour before when the boat we would have been able to get on in Kingston left the dock.

(This has nothing to do with shopping; it has to do with a third of the Washington ferry fleet being out of service.)

Yeah, what's up with the ferries up there?  Who's responsible for breaking all the ferries at the same time?