Princess of Wales announces cancer diagnosis

1 minute ago, unclevlad said:

That could be taken as damnation by faint praise.

It kind of is.  But seriously I have only respect for someone who took that job in the full knowledge of what it did to her MIL, and has handled it pretty damn well overall.  Not bad for a non-inbred I mean, commoner.

The British Royal Family are maintained as symbols. Appearances are a big part of what they do.

On top of that, when you're going through something as personal as a serious illness, you typically want to maintain your privacy as much as possible. Even more so if you're one of the most scrutinized people in the world.

5 hours ago, Cancer said:

"Abdominal" covers so many different things, there's very little information on which one can base speculations.

To be fair, it's none of our <bleep>ing business, either.  Which you know, so please, don't take that personally.  And not like that'll stop any of us.....oh, not about *speculating*.  That's nothing.  It's being nosy and wanting more facts.

I think none of us...at most, a handful of us...understands the destructive invasiveness of being seriously, broadly famous...

Thank you. Too many people seem to believe that being a public figure means the public are entitled to every detail of their personal life. I may not fully understand the fishbowl the British royal family are in, but I do appreciate what it would be like if I never had anonymity anywhere.

I remember what the late great actor Paul Newman once said: "The only thing I owe my audience is a good performance."