Alternate Earth Characters #2

farik

Your GM has announced he's going to run an alternate Earth game and he wants you to make a modified version of your character to fit his "Alternate Earth Setting. The GM is being deliberately unclear about whether you'll be playing your alt character or if your regular character will be facing them.

So what is different about your character from

Reverse-Gender Earth

It's just like normal Earth but everyone is the opposite gender.

Candice Clarke would be just as smart as Kenneth but when designing her super serum she would probably focus on the stereotypical female concerns (like Kenneth did) end result would probably be a gadget laden version of Power Girl who would probably call herself beauty.

Beauty would fly around and do things insecure young girls think will make them popular. She'd prefer attention over genuine interest and use a host of techno gadgets which she didn't understand. It would be the most stereotypically offensive version of Mailbu Barbie "Gadgeteer Edition"

Beauty quote: "tee hee, If you don't stop that right now I'll push this red button here...and..you don't want me to do that...I mean push this red button on my arm gun thingy."

Other Super Heroines would either be disgusted by her or try to teach her how to be more "mature."

Starguard -- well, outside of the fact that he's more interested in dating (shy teenaged boy as opposed to shy teenaged girl), and sees slightly less wrong with using Super-Energy Fist to hit people (ah, adolescent testosterone... it never changes!)... not much.

Dr. Pain -- girls do not become WWF champion, and the ladies wrestling is far less prominent. Needs a whole origin story makeover.

The Baroness von Darien -- only slight changes required. 1100+ year-old vampire elders are bad news no matter /what/ the plumbing looks like.

Hehehe... Um, okay.

Male Anthem Is a brash young man with a heavy interest in the ladies. Not being overly powerful, he opts to be flashy. He's known to drive villains into fits of anger by dodging incessantly to make them look bad. He'd find himself a partner (preferably female) with which to work, someone whose abilities complement his own.

Female Uncle Slam... Aunt Slam? Doesn't quite work. We'll call her Glory (as the poll character was almost called) and she is a trailblazer among females of the 20's and 30's up 'til now. She would be more likely to have children who would by now be full blown heroes themselves. (Consider "legacy earth" :)).

Male Audra Blue... Maybe, Auric Blue, I picture having a different set of cyber-implants than Audra does. He would have more phsyical, less cerebral abilities. He'd be a Nazi Hunter, searching down the 4th Reich (what rheich are we up to now?) and stomping them off the face of the earth. He's more likely to take his pains out on others than Audra, but he's still a good guy essentially.

Female Linedrive without sports as she grew up would not have an outlet for her laid back lifestyle and would probably end up pregnant, dropping out of high school as an unwed mother and not discover her powers until dead on her feet from working two minimum wage jobs to support her baby, stepped in front of a car and absorbed the full impact of it. Later on when the energy is released when she gets angry at someone over something, I just hope it isnt at the baby.

So her scummy landlord becomes a red slushy paste on the wall and Bobbie and little Bobby go on the run. Rumors get around and she receives shelter from (Pick an organization) who teach her to be a more covert asset. The pay is good and she is protected from the police, well paid living in a nice place with a full time nanny. Older than her years now, she tries to protect her son from her profession but the truth will out.

Male Wraithe goes through life exactly the same but without the chip on his shoulder. Goes through Cyberline II and becomes a PRIMUS Silver Avenger without any problems, and eventually marries a pretty homemaker to raise a passel of kids.

Male Sabre marries later in life, a trophy wife to give him heirs to his corporate fortune. Not much change except that he relishes the armored hero's lifestyle for awhile in his 40s to regain his lost youth...

Guest WhammeWhamme

Female Flippant:

Really... Female Super Gymnast? Not very much of a change at all...

Female Wraith:

No such thing. His curse is on the *male* line.

I suppose she could end up some kind of gadgeteer... but the male version at least hasn't.

Assault: would change from (originally) being a Power Man "homage" to being a She-Hulk "homage". The two characters were both in my mind when I did my original design.

Since these days he is more of an Action Comics #1 Superman, I guess she could head a bit towards being a cross between Power Girl and Wonder Woman... Bizarre. :)

Barabas. Tough one. If in alternate Earth all the males are females, weird things happen, particularly with Barabas. Biblically speaking, Barabas was the guy who was let go so Jesus of Nazareth could be crucified. Since Christ died quite literally for Barabas's sins, he can never die (its a great old movie with Anthony Quinn, that I took a litttle further.)

In this alternate Earth, christ would have been a woman, and as such had no formal standing to even touch the pharisees, much less piss them off. But She would have been a widely revered witch. She would have converted the Romans and the Philistines no problem as a living goddess. Throw in the holy ghost, and the Christian tradition isn't Judeo-Christian. Its Philistino-Christian. Additionally, as a woman, She probably would have been stoned to death rather than crucified. (Insert unPC joke here).

For better or worse, Barabasa's tale remains very much the same. Eternal life, oodles of luck (in either direction - Barabas will be in the worst possible place at the worst possible time, but survive unscathed and help people,) no other superpowers. Just an extraordinarily skilled normal with a penchant for killing anything evil and non-human. No human killing, though, because human's aren't beyond redemption.

Female Checkmate: Not much different, really - especially if we're talking an actual opposite world, where women have been in charge for centuries, etc. If it's just Checkmate that's switched, as it were, the origin will result in a much higher reputation, for being the woman who can defeat every chess player in the world.

Male Guardian: This would make major changes, if - as mentioned above - that was the only change in the universe. He'd have learned his power on the football field, not by tossing a 300 lb linebacker halfway down the school's main hall. Probably would have run afoul of mutant hunters a lot earlier, but also would have had less trouble by not running away quite so precipitously.

Female Control: Not much change.

Galatea, like her male counter part Adonis, would have been raised to take over the world by a cold and distant authority figure. Like Adonis she would have rejected the idea that she was innately superior to everyone else. After being rescued from Dr. Patton’s care, she would probably ended up as Officer Sanchez’s ward. If the incident with the frat boys where Adonis was almost raped happened, Officer Sanchez would have realized that it was an attempted rape and trained Galatea accordingly. At this point in time Tea Sanchez would most likely would have graduated from the Police Academy and be working for the Miami MARS/SWAT team.

Boy-type Lin-Si would be... Green Dragon again. This time with a bit less jealousy and bullying than Green Dragon, just enough to be an annoying hero or honorable villain instead of a jerk like GD. I don't know what fake Chinese name I'd give him; probably Qi-Ti or something. That name looks stupid. How about Long Wang or Yu Fat Cao? no...

Dame Ace (called Lorelei in this world) wouldn't have had any military adventures... In the 20's and 30's she was a Lara-Croft-esque adventurer; by 1960 she was long retired. Her children had moved out. She was bored and wanted to go exploring one last time.

Underwater, she found an amulet that granted superhuman strength, the ability to breath water, and eternal youth. Without a violent past to atone for, she wouldn't have any reason to capture violent criminals. Instead she'd get her adventure own TV series, similar to Jacques Cousteau. "The Adventures of Lorelei."

Female Seraph... would be much the same only curvier. Wings, white robes, COM and PRE up in the high 20's, probvably a huge fan club. Is Seraph just a huge pile of powers without much personality? Guess so.

Adrenaline would probably become Adrenalyn with no power changes.

Realm would be the same just female.

Hecabus would be the EXACT same. Ogre Magis are natural shapeshifters and therefore they choose their gender. Interesting campaign note, Hecabus was raised by elves that hid his real hereditary so he doesn't look like your average ugly Ogre Magi but a "perfect" elven image of an ogre with light green skin.

Dr. Wanda Hayes, using her vast intellect and skill in thermodynamics, creates a suit of cold generating powered armor and uses it to aid humanity as the heroic Snowangel , Avenging Arctic Aviatrix!

Danielle 'Red' O'Bannon, a small time grifter, is cursed by a gypsy to 'live forever'. She discovers that when she 'dies', she is sent to Hell to be tormented for a short while, only to return fully regenerated, to repeat the process. Seeking redemption from her fate, she fights evil as the She-Devil.