Your PCs might be Underpowered if...

Cybernaut

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Your PCs might be Underpowered if...

--You have a negative OCV.

--You have been assigned to the Securities Exchange Commission as their super-powered enforcement branch.

--You have the power Drain with the limitation "Self Only".

--Your character's Swimming power has the limitation "Must Surface For More Baking Soda (One Continuing Charge, One Minute)".

--You escape from Doctor Destroyer only because he goes into severe cardiac arrest laughing at you. After pounding the floor of his lair for fifteen straight minutes.

--Foxbat does not want to be your sidekick. In fact, he has publicly announced it.

--You purchased so little INT Grond could outscore you on a Wonderlic test.

--Innocent bystanders rescue you.

--You have Hunted: Snuggles, The Fabric Softener Bear. (More Powerful, NCI)

--Your battle cries: "Durn This Lumbago!" "Ow, I got a paper cut!"

--Mechanon does not recognize you as alive. In fact, he uses you to clean his hearing systems, as he mistakes you for a large Q-Tip.

--For some reason, Takofanes has taken an unnatural shine to you...

--You are not featured in Superhero Weekly. Instead, your feature is in the New England Journal of Medicine.

--You have a Vulnerability to Lace Doilies.

Well with a name like lemming... should I continue? :D

Well, the character was Scales, a brick. I wrote the character up after noticing some of the high OCVs being thrown and decided that an 8 Dex with OCV levels and lots of defense was more practical. Worked pretty well. And for the first 900 XP, he was missed less than 20 times...

Your PC Might Be Underpowered If

... His all-time best Presence Attack result was when the other guy said "Oh. It's you then, is it?".

... His limitations mean he cannot fly above knee-height - but he seldom has enough Endurance to fly that high anyhow.

... Forget about combat, he needs Regeneration just to survive normal life.

... He hopes to eventually be good enough to join a really high-powered team - such as the Mystery Men.

... His 'Secret Base' is a coin locker in the local bus station.

... His 'Secret ID' is basically Groucho Glasses and a weird voice - and the really sad part is that this guy is WAY cooler than his Hero ID.

... That one time he applied to join the Legion of Substitute Heroes, they just couldn't stop laughing.

... The real brains of his organization pees on the rug and is called "Fido".

... His corporate sponsor doesn't provide an expense account or cool equipment, just a bunch of cheap-ass shopping vouchers.

Now I haven't read this whole thread yet, so if this has already come up I'm sorry, but it reminds me of that new show on Cartoon Network (I think it goes by a different name in other countries). The League Of Super Evil. (A.K.A. LOSE). I think the dog Doomageddon is the most impressive character of the lot. Man I love that name, may end up naming my next cat Doomageddon.

You have more REC than END or STUN.

I made a character like that...HE WAS INSANE to put down (He had 30 stun, 40 end, 40 rec, 20 PD/ED, and 20 CON)

it was insane, he would get ko'd occasionaly, but be back to full health in minutes (The F/x was a powerful regenerator)

I made a character like that...HE WAS INSANE to put down (He had 30 stun, 40 end, 40 rec, 20 PD/ED, and 20 CON)

it was insane, he would get ko'd occasionaly, but be back to full health in minutes (The F/x was a powerful regenerator)

I was thinking more along the lines of, "He has the standard 4 REC...and it's more than his END or STUN."

You built your character as a standard 350 point character' date=' and your GM is planning on using the published CU.[/quote']

Your GM has you build a standard 350 point character, and in the first session transports the whole team into the Galactic Champions setting...