Enforcer84

Caveat:

Don't buy Avengers anymore

Read it at the comic store its part 2 of five but I didn't read part 1

/Caveat

It was pretty cool I thought.

SPOILERS

good enough.

Jan growing was interesting, and I actually loved the She Hullk's quotes to Thunderball.

It was pretty bad about the end though, took all the fun out of the issue for me.

Guest Champsguy

As you said, I liked it except for the last page. Gotta say that I didn't see that coming, though. I'm hoping they don't go somewhere I don't wanna read with this story arc.

Liked the kid. "Both of your costumes show your jaw. And Goliath appeared the same time you disappeared."

I also liked the She-Hulk / Thunderball exchange. That's what happens when a Str 55 brick runs into a Str 80 brick. :)

He's the brains behind the Wrecking Crew, a foursome of brick supervillains who mainly just rob banks and blow stuff up. Sometimes other people hire them, like in the poorly-conceived early-90's crossover miniseries with Spidey, Darkhawk (ugh) Moon Knight (double-ugh) and Punisher (wha?) versus the Sercret Empire and various goons.

Anyone who writes the X-Men or gains their noteriety from writing the X-Men is seriously suspect in my estimation. I don't know Chuck Austen from Tony Isabella, but if this meatball used to write X-Men, I guess we can expect a buttload of navel-gazing and some stories about why we shouldn't eat anything that casts a shadow. Oh, and how Hawkeye's been a mutant all along or some other crap.

Originally posted by Bengal

He's the brains behind the Wrecking Crew, a foursome of brick supervillains who mainly just rob banks and blow stuff up. Sometimes other people hire them, like in the poorly-conceived early-90's crossover miniseries with Spidey, Darkhawk (ugh) Moon Knight (double-ugh) and Punisher (wha?) versus the Sercret Empire and various goons.

OK, I remember those guys. I remember Thor spending all of a couple panels thrashing them for some reason way back.

That was the "Round Robin: The Sidekick's Revenge" story arc, in which Moon Knight's old sidekick, left for dead, was rebuilt as a cyborg by the Secret Empire. The Empire didn't hire the whole Wrecking Crew, just Thunderball, and they hired him for his technical expertise, not muscle.

And "poorly conceived" is being generous. The only good thing about that story was Mark Bagley's art.

Patrick J McGraw

Originally posted by Allandrel

That was the "Round Robin: The Sidekick's Revenge" story arc, in which Moon Knight's old sidekick, left for dead, was rebuilt as a cyborg by the Secret Empire. The Empire didn't hire the whole Wrecking Crew, just Thunderball, and they hired him for his technical expertise, not muscle.

And "poorly conceived" is being generous. The only good thing about that story was Mark Bagley's art.

Patrick J McGraw

The sad thing is that I've actually reread those issues to stat out the Seekers just to satisfy my geek quota. I was always a sucker for Secret Empire stories.

I think I'm gonna cry. There I was, thinking I was the only dupe who bought those issues. If THREE of us in this one thread bought it, what's to say Marvek isn't just gonna keep recycling crap like that? I mean, Joe Quesada might be reading this right now and decide to collect those issues in a TPB and expect people to buy them. Maybe if they mix in some of Fabian's blood plasma with the ink.

According to interviews, Austen is going to have a new Captain Britain, and he is going to join the avengers. I am absolutely certain that it'll be from that family, and that is why they are being introduced.... actually giving us backstory to the hero.

There was a scene in part one of the son hanging a poster of Captain America and mom chiding him for putting up an American, and he says Cap saves the world, not just America. Then in sotto voice, he comments that cap wouldn't have let whatever scarred her happen.

I felt the new CB would either be the mom or the son (the son in a Billy Batson kind of thing). With mom dead I assume the son. Although if / how bitter he will be over mom not being saved I'll wait and see.

Originally posted by Lord Mhoram

According to interviews, Austen is going to have a new Captain Britain, and he is going to join the avengers. I am absolutely certain that it'll be from that family, and that is why they are being introduced.... actually giving us backstory to the hero.

What happened to the old one?

Ya know, I was almost suckered in by the cover art (as happens frequently with many Marvel books). Then I realized it was part 2 of 5, and I hate starting anything in the middle. And they didn't have part 1 of 5 readily available, so I skipped it and figure I *might* pick up the series with the start of the next storyline.

In stead I opted for Issue #1 of the Fantastic Four series called "4" (Like the art, was bored as heck by the story!), Secret War #1 (Nice art *and* story), and the first two issues of the 4 issue Cap/Wolv book (Needs better villains! Lose the BFG crew! Still I was entertained.)

I think I'm gonna cry. There I was, thinking I was the only dupe who bought those issues. If THREE of us in this one thread bought it, what's to say Marvek isn't just gonna keep recycling crap like that? I mean, Joe Quesada might be reading this right now and decide to collect those issues in a TPB and expect people to buy them. Maybe if they mix in some of Fabian's blood plasma with the ink.

Mr. Quesada already made the decision. Marvel policy is that all story arcs follow 5-6 issues so they can be trade-paperbacked and sold in bookstores. Its one of the reasons that Geoff Johns, the writer responsible for the previous World Trust and Red Zone storylines, left the title. Mr. Johns is also the writer of JSA, the finest team book currently running IMHO.

Oh, and Green Arrow was revealed to be a metahuman in his current series when they brought him back from the dead. I forgot how exactly.

I must disagree. The finest team book out there right now is the Teen Titans. Also by Johns. :D JSA is number two.

As a total fan of Johns, point taken. Its a hard call which book is best. Suffice to say, if he writes it, I read it. :) Heck, he got me to read an X-Title (The Morlocks miniseries). The 'stinger' at the end of the latest Titans was priceless.

There was a scene in part one of the son hanging a poster of Captain America and mom chiding him for putting up an American, and he says Cap saves the world, not just America. Then in sotto voice, he comments that cap wouldn't have let whatever scarred her happen.

I felt the new CB would either be the mom or the son (the son in a Billy Batson kind of thing). With mom dead I assume the son. Although if / how bitter he will be over mom not being saved I'll wait and see.

they could bait and switch: It could be one of the Captain Britain Corps... Either way I hope they call him Union Jack not Captain Britain, there should only be one Captain on the Avengers.