Need help with a name

Enforcer84

Okay, I am creating a mutant based on the concept of Superhuman Agility. In her current form, she looks like this:

Player:

Val Char Cost
15 STR 5
33 DEX 69
18 CON 16
10 BODY 0
15 INT 5
11 EGO 2
15 PRE 5
20 COM 5
12 PD 3
12 ED 2
7 SPD 27
7 REC 0
36 END 0
30 STUN 3
11" RUN05" SWIM015" LEAP0Characteristics Cost: 142

Cost Power END
12 Accute Senses: Enhanced Perception (+4 to PER Rolls for All Sense Groups)
10 Hard to hit: +2 with DCV
10 Just lucky I guess: Luck 2d6
17 Natrual Fighting Ability: Hand-To-Hand Attack +5d6 (25 Active Points); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2) 2
7 Skilled Climber: Clinging (normal STR) (10 Active Points); Cannot Resist Knockback (-1/4), Requires a Skill Roll (-1/4)
3 Strong Swimmer: Swimming +3" (5" total) (added to Primary Value) 1
12 Supernatural Leaping Ability: Leaping +12" (15" forward, 7 1/2" upward) (added to Primary Value) 1
12 Swift Runner: Running +5", Combat Acceleration/Deceleration (+1/4) (12 Active Points) (added to Primary Value) 1
20 Thrown Objects: Multipower, 30-point reserve, all slots: (30 Active Points); OIF (Objects of Opporotunity) (-1/2)
2u 1) Blunt Object: Energy Blast 6d6 (vs. PD) (30 Active Points) 3
2u 2) Sharp Objects: Killing Attack - Ranged 2d6 (vs. PD) (30 Active Points) 3
Powers Cost: 107

Cost Skill
16 +2 with All Combat
15 +3 with Dex Based Skills
3 Acrobatics 16-
3 Breakfall 16-
3 Climbing 16-
3 Combat Driving 16-
3 Contortionist 16-
10 Defense Maneuver: I-IV
3 Fast Draw 16-
3 KS: Ballet (INT-based) 12-
3 KS: Ballroom Dance (INT-based) 12-
3 Lockpicking 16-
3 Paramedics 12-
3 PS: Dancer (DEX-based) 16-
3 Riding 16-
3 Sleight Of Hand 16-
3 Stealth 16-
3 Teamwork 16-
Skills Cost: 86

Cost Talent
3 Ambidexterity (Reduce Off Hand Penalty to -2)
12 Combat Luck: 6 PD/6 ED
Talents Cost: 15

Total Character Cost: 350

Val Disadvantages
10 Distinctive Features: Mutant, Not Concealable, Always Noticed and Causes Major Reaction, Detectable Only By Unusual Senses
15 Enraged: When Cornered or Caged, Uncommon, go 11-, recover 11-
25 Hunted: followerd of the Patriarch, More Powerful, 11- (Frequently), Harshly Punish, Extensive Non-Combat Influence
20 Hunted: Institute for Human Advancement, More Powerful, 8- (Occasionally), Harshly Punish, Extensive Non-Combat Influence
10 Money, Destitute
10 Physical Limitation: Heightened metabolism; requires roughly 1.5 times normal amount of nourishment for girl her age, Frequently, Slightly Impairing
20 Psychological Limitation: Code vs Killing, Common, Total
10 Psychological Limitation: Fears/loathes the Patriarch, Uncommon, Strong
15 Psychological Limitation: Protective of friends, Common, Strong
15 Social Limitation: Minor: age 14, Frequently (11-), Major

Disadvantage Points: 150

Base Points: 200

Experience Required: 0

Total Experience Available: 0

Experience Unspent: 0

I was thinking allong the lines of Grace, Dancer, Catgirl, but don't like tthose specific names.

She is a "bred" mutant, her genetic structure was changed in the womb. She and several score more children were treated this way by a group of scientist/doctors who were working for a wealthy immortal wannabe godking. This young lady and some of the other "Scions" have escaped the brainwashing and compound and are trying to find their pasts as well as stop his plans or at least stay away from him.

I am also lacking the disadvantages.

No longer am I lacking in Disadvantages....:D

How about Swift?

I have always wanted to use it for a Champions character.

Don't worry about it though, my S.W.I.F.T. is going to be like a heroic version of The Vulture. A scientist who constructs the Single-Wing In-Flight Trainer, a winged suit, intended to give military pilots a better grasp on aerodynamics by "being the plane". The plan gets scrubbed, corrupted, etc. (you know how origin stories go) and the scientist is forced to don the suit himself and seek justice.

Anyway, no chance of these two characters being mistaken for each other, so feel free to use the name if you like it.

By the way, in nature, a Swift is not just a small bird, it is also a fast moving lizard, so just because your character doesn't fly, does not mean the name can't fit.

KA

You'll pardon my saying so, but the character sounds an awful lot like a genetically engineered killing machine who bears a strong resemblance to Jessica Alba, and was featured on a TV series a few years back. (Please, it's not a criticism--just an observation.)

So I'm thinking--her first heroic act is to save a little kid's life (the kid becomes a DNPC), and the kid asks her;

"Are you my Guardian Angel?"

And there she is, and there you are. I hope it works for you.

Originally posted by wcw43921

You'll pardon my saying so, but the character sounds an awful lot like a genetically engineered killing machine who bears a strong resemblance to Jessica Alba, and was featured on a TV series a few years back. (Please, it's not a criticism--just an observation.)

So I'm thinking--her first heroic act is to save a little kid's life (the kid becomes a DNPC), and the kid asks her;

"Are you my Guardian Angel?"

And there she is, and there you are. I hope it works for you.

Really? Never saw an episode. Huh. I based it mostly on a panel in Thunderbolts 75 where Dallas Riordan shows off her new abilities.

Originally posted by wcw43921

...the character sounds an awful lot like a genetically engineered killing machine who bears a strong resemblance to Jessica Alba, and was featured on a TV series a few years back.

And *I* thought he was copying John Byrne's Next Men. They were a group of genetically engineered teenagers, raised in a virtual reality environment. Something goes wrong - an explosion or some such - and they escape into our world. One of them was a girl with super-agility called, I think, Jazz. It's quite a good name but some of the ones suggested have been better IMO.

If you're going the dancer route:

• Pirouette (Which is a basic spin on your tip-toes)
  • Spiral or Death-Spiral
  • Nutcracker (Okay, I put this one in just to see if anyone is reading this)

If you're going the catgirl route:

• Kitten (I know it's obvious)
  • Wildcat
  • Alley cat
  • Tigress
  • P***y, the cat who doesn't land on all-4's (Okay, again just testing you)