Supervillain Images

Richard Logue

Re: Supervillain Images

Ok, it's not done yet, but what do you think of Abyss so far?

attachment.php?attachmentid=8135

Comments?

Mags

You know what would be cool? Give all the blue a neon glowing effect. I think that would boost the eerieness factor when from the depths of the shadows you see two neon eyes and glowing lines that hint at a shape, but doesn't define it...

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know what would be cool? Give all the blue a neon glowing effect.

Well, that would be cool, but I don't know how to do all those funky special effects, even though I have the latest version of Photoshop. :( Beside all that, I'm not sure if Abyss is supposed to glow anywhere. ;) It wasn't in his description.

However, WM must've liked it, for he's now asked me to draw a butt-load of monkeys, er, I mean "Prime 8", a team from the GGU.. A challange, to be sure. One I look forward to. :)

Thanks guys, for the kind words.

Mags

For the neon edges there’s a couple of techniques

You could duplicate the base layer use the glowing edges filter that's in stylize set the layer blending mode to screen then drop the opacity till it looks right first image is a quick go at that

Second is with a few more effects difference cloud, texturiser, hue brightness change and the dodge and burn tools to add some more highlights. For the eyes I used the second neoning technique where you paint the shape you want neoned in a separate layer then using the inner and outer glow options in layer style you can create an effect just like neon.

final one here i duplicated each of the diffrent colour areas into ist own layer and then used the layer effects to create neon and a sense of depth

anyway hope you don't mind me goofing around with your stuff and i can send you the psd if you like.

Well' date=' that [i']would[/i] be cool, but I don't know how to do all those funky special effects, even though I have the latest version of Photoshop. :( Beside all that, I'm not sure if Abyss is supposed to glow anywhere. ;) It wasn't in his description.

However, WM must've liked it, for he's now asked me to draw a butt-load of monkeys, er, I mean "Prime 8", a team from the GGU.. A challange, to be sure. One I look forward to. :)

Thanks guys, for the kind words.

Mags

I would be willing to give it a shot just for fun. If WM doesn't mind. Did you color him in PS? Could you send the file to me so that I don't lose resolution?

I look forward to Prime 8. I could easily see the style you use for monsters working really well. Can't wait to see them!

Guest Worldmaker

Well here is Kong. He needs a bit more tweaking, but I thought I'd share anyway. :)

attachment.php?attachmentid=8163

That would explain the question regarding his height. :rockon:

That would explain the question regarding his height. :rockon:

Yeah? So what do you think? Is his fur too unruly? I could try to smooth it out a bit. Shorts too red? Originally, I didn't have any grey fur on him at all, just left him dark. I could also make him a silverback, if you want.

I know you don't like backgrounds on the GGU pics, but I thought this wasn't too much. :D I just wanted to show Kong's size.

Mags

Guest Worldmaker

Yeah? So what do you think? Is his fur too unruly? I could try to smooth it out a bit. Shorts too red? Originally, I didn't have any grey fur on him at all, just left him dark. I could also make him a silverback, if you want.

I know you don't like backgrounds on the GGU pics, but I thought this wasn't too much. :D I just wanted to show Kong's size.

Love the pic. He's supposed to be a silverback gorilla, yeah.

Love the pic. He's supposed to be a silverback gorilla' date=' yeah.[/quote']

Very well. I'll finish it up and send it along.

I just thought of one small problem: This pic won't fit in a 200 x 300 format unless I make it extra small. How should I handle this?

Mags

Guest Worldmaker

I just thought of one small problem: This pic won't fit in a 200 x 300 format unless I make it extra small. How should I handle this?

Pass the buck to Brian Cobb. :)

really like the gorilla excellent work magma

Thanks. Odd as it may sound, it's kinda easy making a gigantic gorilla villain look scary and mean. But I will have my work cut out for me with Cyberangutan. I mean, I've already started on it, but how does one make a lovable, goofy orangatan look menacing? :winkgrin:

Especially when the villain in questions likes to wear brightly-colored tights?

Mags

Thanks. Odd as it may sound, it's kinda easy making a gigantic gorilla villain look scary and mean. But I will have my work cut out for me with Cyberangutan. I mean, I've already started on it, but how does one make a lovable, goofy orangatan look menacing? :winkgrin:

Mags

Stick lots of cyber-stuff on the tights. Plus, the extendable claws dripping something noxious and blue will be plenty menacing... :jawdrop:

Stick lots of cyber-stuff on the tights. Plus' date=' the extendable claws dripping something noxious and blue will be plenty menacing... :jawdrop:[/quote']

Claws? Claws!? Uhm.... that's good to know. I imagined a brick-type ape.

The only description I got was: "Cyberangutan: Mostly covered with polished metal, the few patches of hair on Cyberangutan are of a red-orange hue. Most of the time, he wears some sort of bright colored sweatshirt and sweat pants. On missions, Cyberangutan wears a set of small tights that cover his entire

body except for the head and his cybernetic arms."

Since I can't access a write-up of the character, is there anything else you'd like to share regarding this character? That is, before I get much further with the picture? ;)

Mags

Claws? Claws!? Uhm.... that's good to know. I imagined a brick-type ape.

The only description I got was: "Cyberangutan: Mostly covered with polished metal, the few patches of hair on Cyberangutan are of a red-orange hue. Most of the time, he wears some sort of bright colored sweatshirt and sweat pants. On missions, Cyberangutan wears a set of small tights that cover his entire

body except for the head and his cybernetic arms."

Since I can't access a write-up of the character, is there anything else you'd like to share regarding this character? That is, before I get much further with the picture? ;)

Here's a quote from one of Worldmaker's game turns featuring Cyberangutan. This is pretty much all I have on him--I just loved the visual of the claws spurting blue fluid.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Worldmaker

Achilles glanced quickly up at the evil genius from the deck below, then returned his attention to Cyberangutan. His opponent was stronger than he was, just as fast, and equipped with an array of implanted weaponry. Among that weaponry was apparently a set of extendable claws that dripped. something. that something being a noxious blue in color. Getting cut with those would likely be a bad thing.

Guest Worldmaker

One of his cybernetic systems in his arms are extendable claws which inject an acid-based poison.

Here is one ideal for a villian, and I hope someone can draw him up.

Basicly, he was a serial killer who sent man shaped candles to his victoms before he kills them. He called himself the Waxman. One day, the Blue Moon Killer caught up to him, he got shot, and he fell into a vat of hot wax. He died in the wax, and thay fished his body out the next day. Later, a man-size shape emerged from the wax vat. After relearning all the things he could original do, he fled Hudson City and became a freelance assasion sspecalising in using wax (his body) as a weapion, and shifthing his shape to impersnate people. The underworld calls him the Waxman.

Innsperations: The Marvel villian The Sandman, the original DC villian Clayface, and the movie House Of Wax. Also an insperation, the waxed theamed villian from the old 70's Spider-Man cartoon (you know the one..."Spider-Man, Spider-Man, Friendly neberhood Spider-Man,...").

Mags

An adult male orangutan can be very menacing.