City of Heroes - Online Hero Game

Dreadhawk

Re: City of Heroes - Online Hero Game

Ok, I just changed my global handle to @Pattern Ghost

That should make it easier to remember who I am if I send anyone a random friend request.

For some reason, when I restarted in 07, it wouldn't let me use it. I think someone else had it at the time, and it had assigned me Marama, the first character I'd logged in as, so I just left it. Looks like it's free now, so there ya go. I'm now me again.

It's a good thing that new players get a chance at some of the simple names with normal spellings.

That's what I like about Exalted. I was able to get back a few names that I'd lost to the first round of making names available if the character was inactive and under level 35. (Done at a time when it was actually a bit of work to get into the 20s.)

I have been playing since 2005ish. My Global is @TashaG

On Exalted, I have

Wingnut lvl 8ish Dual pistols/Ice Blaster

I have Heroes on Guardian

Pixie Sword lvl 27 Broadsword/Regen Scrapper

Villains on Pinnacle

Steele Fury lvl 23? Robots/Bubbles Mastermind.

Never could stand the grind for long enough to get anyone to cap. With the new content, things are much more fun and less grindy. So who knows, I may yet get someone to lvl 50

PS I have a ton of other single digit alts on all the above servers and 2 others (where I used to play with friends who don't play anymore).

This particular issue bugs me in an entirely different way.

I find it rather disgusting that anyone thinks that simply because their first character had a given name on one server, that no one should be able to play a character with that name on _any_ server. What is the objective of having more than one server if people are going to camp the same name on every server?

Granted, MMO character names are fair game, barring copyright/trademark issues. The problem here is that well-known folks on the forums had their names camped by some of their equally well-known detractors. Not for the purpose of actually PLAYing said characters, but solely for the purpose of saying "FU".

Granted' date=' MMO character names are fair game, barring copyright/trademark issues. The problem here is that well-known folks on the forums had their names camped by some of their equally well-known detractors. Not for the purpose of actually PLAYing said characters, but solely for the purpose of saying "FU".[/quote']

Well that's totally uncool. Hopefully Paragon will do something about that. Some people can be real jerks.

Granted' date=' MMO character names are fair game, barring copyright/trademark issues. The problem here is that well-known folks on the forums had their names camped by some of their equally well-known detractors. Not for the purpose of actually PLAYing said characters, but solely for the purpose of saying "FU".[/quote']

Yea, it's the intent more than the actual act that's the annoying bit.

I camped a couple names I'll be playing, but some of my other names, whatever.

To bring us back to topic' date=' I notice Lemming has a reformed brute. does that mean they've opened up the character archetypes to either side?[/quote']

They have, I refer her as a reformed just because she started red side in the beginning of CoV and just recently used the tip system to switch over. I plan on having her do the complete loop, but come back to hero again.

I have been playing since 2005ish. My Global is @TashaG

On Exalted, I have

Wingnut lvl 8ish Dual pistols/Ice Blaster

I have Heroes on Guardian

Pixie Sword lvl 27 Broadsword/Regen Scrapper

Villains on Pinnacle

Steele Fury lvl 23? Robots/Bubbles Mastermind.

Never could stand the grind for long enough to get anyone to cap. With the new content, things are much more fun and less grindy. So who knows, I may yet get someone to lvl 50

PS I have a ton of other single digit alts on all the above servers and 2 others (where I used to play with friends who don't play anymore).

When are you usually on? I am (apparently) one of the few on Guardian, and would like to run some regular missions with you. :)

When are you usually on? I am (apparently) one of the few on Guardian' date=' and would like to run some regular missions with you. :)[/quote']

Just started to play regularly this week. So I don't have much of a schedule. I'll try poking my head in on Thursdays at around 7pm Pacific. Keep my global in mind. I have been playing a bunch lately. Though my playtime will probably plummet when the SW-TOR beta starts up again sometime in the next week or so.

Well that's totally uncool. Hopefully Paragon will do something about that. Some people can be real jerks.

In fact, Paragon has wisely (IMO) chosen to stay out of it entirely. As mentioned, none of the names actually BELONG to specific players. Thankfully, the situation has turned out to be largely self-correcting. The twits that pulled this forgot (as twits will) that they are all too easily outed by the good ol' /getglobalname command. Getting themselves publically ostracized as the d-bags they chose to be was apparently more than most could stand.

In any case, my home server will always be Justice. I have a few characters on every English-speaking server, but rarely play anywhere else. Also, in regard specifically to Exalted, I honestly look forward to teaching new people "the ropes", which isn't going to happen as much there.

I like seeing my original reactions to the game through other people's eyes. :)

When are you usually on? I am (apparently) one of the few on Guardian' date=' and would like to run some regular missions with you. :)[/quote']

Guardian is my main villain server, but I've got a couple heroes in their 20s there. And I was going to have my widow switch over to hero mode soonish, Natasha R.

Just finished the First Ward Arc with my Tanker. I found it worth doing interesting. Needs a little polish in my view, but not too bad.

Until you said this, I had no desire to play a 'heroic mastermind'. Now, I must...

(Now to pick a name no one else has thought of...)

Baronness Von Fokker-Wulf now fights crime with her robotic minons, because if the nobility doesn't then the commoners will think the nobles aren't needed. And we can't have that.

Thunder Teen (formerly Thunder Child) fights evil and tries to get a date. Because I'm not a kid anymore, gosh darn it!

Blue skinned Pictsie Chad O'Hawke fights crime because it's fun to fight. And drink. Preferably both at once! And he's found if he beats up criminals, the police don't hit him while his back is turned.

Samantha Thordatter is committing mayhem, because even the children of Gods spend thier teen years being rebelious.

Rising from the grave, Baron Bone has instituted a reign of terror. Death comes for you!

And 5 charactes is enough. I only planned for two on exalted. How did I end up with five?

(Ever hear of the two-four-eight compromise? Where the British government said it could only afford two battleships, the Royal Navy insisted they must have four, so they compromised on eight?)

This is really close to a real name' date=' but iirc it should be spelled Thorsdottir.

Dangit. Thorsdatter is 'correct', as is Thorsdotter... but Thordatter is not. It needs the 's'.

(I knew a girl named "Thordatter". She was from Iceland. My online searches show it needs the 's'. Is it worth it to reroll? What's a rename cost...)

I think it's always worth a re-roll' date=' unless you plan to spend a rename token. Better to do it now while you only have a few levels to make up. Name misspellings will bug you more the longer you play it.[/quote']

Sofie Thorsdotter is now roaming Preatoria. As is Baronness Von Fokker-Wulf. And Doctor Thermo is now on Mercy Island.

So, two villians, two heroes, two Preatorians.

NO MORE TOONS. I will not give in to my Alt-aholic syndrome.