Longest Running Thread EVER

Re: Longest Running Thread EVER

Going to the gym to work out. I will either be really fired up or feel like crap the rest of the night. What the hell.

Had a workout tonight as well. Hope yours was good.

My own was fairly simple; squats, tricep work with cables, rear shoulder work with cables, grip work, deep knee bends. I'm trying for 4-5 days per week, a mix of exercises on each day. I'll go to a more traditional program in a month or so, once my squats are back up where they should be.

Well, after GenCon the job hunt must start again. I'm not happy about it. My current contracts will run out in a few months, and I need to find something in the states if I don't want to drag Mrs.OddHat back to Japan.

It's going to be tough. I have an MAED and other bits of paper. I can do a little networking, and a little troubleshooting. I don't want sales, and by themselves my mad Nihongo skills aren't going to get me much more than I have now in this country. A teaching job in an American public school is not something I want; American public school teachers have a world of responsibility with no power, and that's the worst kind of environment for someone with my personality. Part time teaching at a college may be possible, but it won't be any more long term than what I've been doing.

Going back to Asia is short term as well, but it's short term with money, and that may be the best I can do.

So, I'm worried.

Anybody need a strong short guy to lift heavy things and tell stories?

Well, after GenCon the job hunt must start again. I'm not happy about it. My current contracts will run out in a few months, and I need to find something in the states if I don't want to drag Mrs.OddHat back to Japan.

It's going to be tough. I have an MAED and other bits of paper. I can do a little networking, and a little troubleshooting. I don't want sales, and by themselves my mad Nihongo skills aren't going to get me much more than I have now in this country. A teaching job in an American public school is not something I want; American public school teachers have a world of responsibility with no power, and that's the worst kind of environment for someone with my personality. Part time teaching at a college may be possible, but it won't be any more long term than what I've been doing.

Going back to Asia is short term as well, but it's short term with money, and that may be the best I can do.

So, I'm worried.

Anybody need a strong short guy to lift heavy things and tell stories?

Sure, but do you need to be paid?

Seriously, though, good luck.

I think we should have a day where we try to get everyone to put every NGD post here' date=' no matter what the topic, so we have one thread with everything in it for a brief time.[/quote'] Might be better to start a new thread. To make it easier to find out how fast it grows etc.

I just think a new thread would be better, YMMV. :)

Sure, but do you need to be paid?

Seriously, though, good luck.

Thanks. Zorn. :)

I keep thinking "one more certifiation", but that's just silly.

Life was easier when I was earning money taking drunk gaijin on red light district tours.

Try putting that on a resume and they look at you funny.

I think we should have a day where we try to get everyone to put every NGD post here' date=' no matter what the topic, so we have one thread with everything in it for a brief time.[/quote']

One thread to rule them all,

One thread to find them,

One thread to bring them all

And in the NGD bind them? :nonp:

Thanks. Zorn. :)

I keep thinking "one more certifiation", but that's just silly.

Life was easier when I was earning money taking drunk gaijin on red light district tours.

Try putting that on a resume and they look at you funny.

Hmmm, at least I know who to ask about the red light district...

In Tokyo' date=' not a problem. :)[/quote']

Yup, I remembered the location - we are intending to go there, my wife went there once and enjoyed Japan very much, I wasn't able to go at the time. She probably won't want to check out the red light district but she doesn't mind if I do - at least not if I had expert advice to stay out of trouble!