Longest Running Thread EVER

Re: Longest Running Thread EVER

sorry about the recent increases... we'll try to behave better :straight:

Well, behaving better takes all the fun out of disciplining you! :D

(I'm sure you're not the issue, of course, and in fact it's not that out of the relative newbies there are any more contentious sorts, but just being the same percentage adds the noise level exponentially, i.e., 2 jerks make 4x the noise of 1, and so on)

Well, behaving better takes all the fun out of disciplining you! :D

(I'm sure you're not the issue, of course, and in fact it's not that out of the relative newbies there are any more contentious sorts, but just being the same percentage adds the noise level exponentially, i.e., 2 jerks make 4x the noise of 1, and so on)

ah, well I can understand that.

I try to give helpful information and contribute the best I can, though I haven't been playing HERO for very long.

I also try to be amusing every now and again. If it's ever out of line let me know, I'm not fond of stepping on toes or causing trouble.

That's why I've only stepped into maybe two threads of that nature. I learned a long time ago to just keep it to myself. Every once in a while I need to vent it all' date=' but generally I just don't let it bother me. [/quote'] ME too. And being on the opposite side of timezones makes it much harder to participate in those discussions.

Oh' date=' they're all better now. Nothing a little owl snuggling couldn't cure. :D[/quote']

speakin o' owls, i had the wonderful chance of visiting a raptor rehab center in Vermont this past weekend, got up close and personal with a snowy, a great gray and a saw whet

About to go dark for the rest of the week, off on vacation.

BTW, if you've never visited an old US Coastal Artillery fort, they are Way Cool. I wish the guns (or even just correct-scale mock-ups) were still emplaced, but they're still fun even with just the concrete.

I'd forgotten just how amazing The Prisoner was until watching it again. Very cool to see the restored versions on DVD.

I sort of would consider running Prisoner Hero. You wake up, every session, in your room, and the group is visited by (the usually new) Number Two. The player-characters of course are numbers spread out between, say, four and twelve. Some are working for Number One...just to make it interesting and genre-specific. Bizarre mind-games happen. Most times a sense of futility but one never knows when it's the final episode. And there must be the sense and possible reality of mortality. Would be cool for 4-6 sessions.

I'd forgotten just how amazing The Prisoner was until watching it again. Very cool to see the restored versions on DVD.

I sort of would consider running Prisoner Hero. You wake up, every session, in your room, and the group is visited by (the usually new) Number Two. The player-characters of course are numbers spread out between, say, four and twelve. Some are working for Number One...just to make it interesting and genre-specific. Bizarre mind-games happen. Most times a sense of futility but one never knows when it's the final episode. And there must be the sense and possible reality of mortality. Would be cool for 4-6 sessions.

Yeah, I don't think you could make an ongoing campaign out of that setting, but it would be nice for a limited run. Mind games galore! :D

"I am not a number! I am a free man!"

A couple of years back, while I was in college, I used my button-making machine to make a button that said:

"I am not a number!"

(I'm a barcode.)

...and below that was a barcode representing my student ID number. ;)

I think maybe 5 people total on campus got the joke... :(

Well' date=' at least you got that raise! Congrats! :)[/quote']

Thanks.

I now make more money than Josh does. With his shift differential, he's making $0.02 more per hour, but I get overtime, and he pays for the insurance.

But I'm not so prideful that I'd complain if he started making more than me again. ^ v ~

Thanks.

I now make more money than Josh does. With his shift differential, he's making $0.02 more per hour, but I get overtime, and he pays for the insurance.

But I'm not so prideful that I'd complain if he started making more than me again. ^ v ~

I'm glad you make more than me. Your job lets you have overtime.

There has been some discussion about offending people, and being sensitive to these issues myself, I was wondering if anyone would be offended by this, and if so, I will remove it, but I was curious just how far the sensibilities extend.

Mujibar was trying to get into America legally through Immigration. The Immigration Officer said, "Mujibar, you have passed all the tests, except there is one more test. Unless you pass it you cannot enter America."

Mujibar said, "I am ready now sir for taking your testing."

The officer said, "Make a sentence using the words Yellow, Pink and Green."

Mujibar thought for a few minutes and said, "Mister Officer, I am ready."

The officer said, "Go ahead."

Mujibar said, "The telephone goes green, green, green, and I pink it up, and say, 'yellow, this is Mujibar."

Mujibar now lives in a neighborhood near you... and works at Microsoft... on the Help Desk.