Longest Running Thread EVER

Re: Longest Running Thread EVER

I got my formal job offer - and I knocked it back. I've never refused a job offer in my life before' date=' but usually I only apply for jobs when I'm unemployed and I legally have to accept any job offer (otherwise I kicked off the dole).[/quote']

Good for you. :)

I figure I'll start posting my Random Musings here' date=' since I tend to think about them a lot before I post them, so they aren't really Musings by the time I post them, but full-fledged Thoughts, and also not quite so Random, and that means this thread is more appropriate for them. They certainly fit the original mandate of this thread better.[/quote'] MOre posts the merrier. :)

LRTE is the best tread in the NGD.

And Mantis...

I friend is getting married in Port Pirie next month and I have to fly down for the wedding. I haven't booked my flights yet, but I'm hoping to spend some time in adelaide shopping. If I get a job these plans will be totally wrecked.

If I do get free time, I would love to meet you and say "hi".

And Mantis...

I friend is getting married in Port Pirie next month and I have to fly down for the wedding. I haven't booked my flights yet, but I'm hoping to spend some time in adelaide shopping. If I get a job these plans will be totally wrecked.

If I do get free time, I would love to meet you and say "hi".

Cool! BTW, I need to warn you we only have a single FLGS here, and they don't stock HERO :(.

BTW, do you know Allan Prewett? Last I heard he owned and ran a gaming store in Darwin, but he is originally from Adelaide and I was in a Champions game with him many, many years ago.

Cool! BTW, I need to warn you we only have a single FLGS here, and they don't stock HERO :(.

BTW, do you know Allan Prewett? Last I heard he owned and ran a gaming store in Darwin, but he is originally from Adelaide and I was in a Champions game with him many, many years ago.

I think I know who you are talking about. I know a fella named Allan who runs a sci-fi book/rpg store, but I don't know his surname.

If you PM me your name (unless you want to do it publically) and if it is the same person (i'm sure it is) I'll say G'day from you.

Addendum: Allan Prewett is the person, looked at his business card. Hoody Hoo.

This morning, the cats caught another mouse. They stunned it, and Josh caught it and brought it to a spot sufficiently far away that it should stay clear.

But the timing of these mice has me imagining the mice, holed up in their nest, with a horror movie scenario going on.

"We can smell seed through this tunnel. Why don't you go on ahead, and report back to us what you find?"

"Okay, that first guy never came back. So we're sending you to do recon, figure out what happened to the first guy, and report back whether you find him or the seed."

"That second guy's been gone a while; why don't you go see what's taking him?"

I guess I wouldn't mind so much if these mice weren't so damn cute.

Is this REALLY the longest running thread EVER???

I suppose it depends on how you define "longest running". If you mean that it is the longest thread still running (i.e. most posts and still active), then yes, I believe so. If you mean that it has been running for longer (timewise) than any other thread, I don't think that is the case. But I could be wrong.

This morning, the cats caught another mouse. They stunned it, and Josh caught it and brought it to a spot sufficiently far away that it should stay clear.

But the timing of these mice has me imagining the mice, holed up in their nest, with a horror movie scenario going on.

Heh. Yeah, I've had similar visions, When we moved into our house in Pullman ... a new development, literally just carved out of a wheat field ... the two Doofus Brothers slowly wiped out a couple of colonies of voles over the winter months.

If you PM me your name (unless you want to do it publically) and if it is the same person (i'm sure it is) I'll say G'day from you.
Sure, tell him Nigel Hickman says G'Day.

Does he stock any HERO books? I might have to get you to bring some down for me if he does and he has any that I'm interested in, since there is no local stockist and going through MilSims is a waste of time, at least for HERO books.